Selection_091.png
tumblr_m9caypJGSu1rsqm2no1_500.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
AD009_LG1_original.jpg
image.jpg
spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
pitchfork_mob.jpg
There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

If the T-Shirts get made, people should wear them at the show.
But...
People need to approach Gary and his staff at the show, and have a face to face discussion with them.
Call them out on the poor software updates.
You don't need to yell, scream, or curse at them, but people need to have a serious discussion with them at the show.
You might want to say to them:
I would really like to buy a NIB from your company, but the lack of code is keeping me from buying a NIB.
What are you doing about the lack of code situation?
Why are stated features still not functional?
We are the customers, thus we have a right to have a face to face with them.
Facebook, Pinside, and T-Shirts can be silenced, but they can't silence customers at their booth.

Actually people from this thread should wear shirts that say something to the effect of abandoned Star Trek owner, Star Trek update still waiting 18 months later. Woz bug fixed 18 hours later.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Ritchie said it's going to be finished. We can take that to the bank.

Unfortunately, that's meaningless since he has no control over dedicating the necessary programming resources to get it done and released.

I'm sure he wants it done like the rest of us, but saying it's going to be done without providing any more detail is not much more than what Stern has said publically.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unfortunately, that's meaningless since he has no control over dedicating the necessary programming resources to get it done and released.
I'm sure he wants it done like the rest of us, but saying it's going to be done without providing any more detail is not much more than what Stern has said publically.

Maybe, but in the conversations I've had over the years with him, I've always come away with the sense that he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it for sure. I'd be fairly confident that with what he knew at the time, the collective Stern thought was to finish it. I'm guessing that hasn't changed. The fact that there are so many bugs in the current software, might be the reason behind the long delay. And, for all we know, Paramount and/or CBS might have to approve the code change.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Maybe, but in the conversations I've had over the years with him, I've always come away with the sense that he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it for sure. I'd be fairly confident that with what he knew at the time, the collective Stern thought was to finish it. I'm guessing that hasn't changed. The fact that there are so many bugs in the current software, might be the reason behind the long delay. And, for all we know, Paramount and/or CBS might have to approve the code change.

Maybe some of that is true and maybe not.
Who the hell knows?
And there in lies the problem.

#305 9 years ago

i'll bet anything in the past 3 months nobody touched the star trek code.

they will say anything to shut us up... ''yeah, we are working on the code'' ''it will be done''
oh wait the code is broken! and later, ''yeah we are working on it'' pfffffff.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'll bet anything in the past 3 months nobody touched the Star Trek code.
they will say anything to shut us up... ''yeah, we are working on the code'' ''it will be done''
oh wait the code is broken! and later, ''yeah we are working on it'' pfffffff.

Likely 98% true. TWD and WWE. Since waison is on WWE maybe ST stands a change of not coming out like xmen. Sorry wwe peoples lol.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

The fact that there are so many bugs in the current software, might be the reason behind the long delay.

I've said this before - but they're not taking advantage of the SAM system - USB updates. Waiting for a big update made sense in the old days if you had to burn a ROM every time...but that's not the case anymore....I don't know why Stern is against "trickle" updates. Sure there's lots of stuff to fix....but code the Prem/LE flashers, and release that as an update. Then when the bugs are fixed release that as an update. Then when you make some gameplay tweaks, release that as an update.

Small updates every so often will squash this psychology of abandonment, make customers happy and keep us from badgering Stern about this stuff.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've said this before - but they're not taking advantage of the SAM system - USB updates. Waiting for a big update made sense in the old days if you had to burn a ROM every time...but that's not the case anymore....I don't know why Stern is against "trickle" updates. Sure there's lots of stuff to fix....but code the Prem/LE flashers, and release that as an update. Then when the bugs are fixed release that as an update. Then when you make some gameplay tweaks, release that as an update.
Small updates every so often will squash this psychology of abandonment, make customers happy and keep us from badgering Stern about this stuff.

they used to all the time and that was back in the DARK days. Take a look at Like ij4 24 or csi updates readme. Some updates where weekly even daily. WTF happened you got me.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You got that right. Couldon't agree more. Their PR definitely needs work.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That makes far to much sense for Stern.
Common sense is not always on full throttle over there.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is not meaningless. Ritchie has the scoop on what's going inside at Stern. If development on Star Trek had been cut off my management, do you think he's be running saying there's going to be an update?

Common sense.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed.

#313 9 years ago

It is not meaningless. Ritchie has the scoop on what's going inside at Stern. If development on Star Trek had been cut off my management, do you think he's be running saying there's going to be an update?
Common sense.

He has pride because it's his game...but he can't make the programmers or management do anything.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He has pride because it's his game...but he can't make the programmers or management do anything.

You should re-read what I posted.

#315 9 years ago

I am sure the code will come someday. But STLE is the last NIB Stern I buy for a long time. I've bought 5 new machines in the last 2.5 years and have waited awhile for code updates on Metallica and STLE. I was fortunate that AC/DC, TFLE, & IM were pretty much complete when I bought them.

#316 9 years ago

You should re-read what I posted.

I read what you wrote...but I know Steve and I know Stern.

I hope it works out...but hope didn't get me working flashers within a year's time - good luck to yas.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I read what you wrote...but I know Steve and I know Stern.
I hope it works out...but hope didn't get me working flashers within a year's time - good luck to yas.

I wasn't claiming Ritchie has control over programmers or management. I said he already KNOWS whether or not any more updates are going to be done, and he wouldn't be going around saying it's coming if it's not. He would look like a fool, and Ritchie is NO FOOL.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

this.gifthis.gif

#319 9 years ago

I said he already KNOWS whether or not any more updates are going to be done...

Until Gary cancels them one day to work on "more pressing matters." Possibility?

#320 9 years ago

Or Steve leaves....AGAIN because of Gary AGAIN! Surprised he even works there now really. That was a huge shit storm when he left in the middle of HIS avatar design.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

That was a huge shit storm when he left in the middle of HIS Avatar design.

Fair enough. I almost quit stern after Avatar also *rimshot*

#322 9 years ago

So here it is again. I have made shirts so people can wear at shows. Shirts that don't conflict with any copyright. Shirts that will get your point across a lot more than talking to Gary or anyone at Stern. These guys have been around this circus before and can brush off pretty much anything you say. They are there to sell pinballs and that's that. What they can't control is you wearing a shirt that asks a question specifically targeted to them. Other potential buyers that know nothing of this will ask you guys a question about your shirt and then it will be your turn to voice your own opinion (Stern cannot control that)

(with all these posts and comments on a few threads counting up to almost 2200 posts. We've sold 8 shirts. Do yourself a favour, buy a shirts (knwo that the profits go to charity), go to the event and play some pinball

http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode

#323 9 years ago

Pinside seems to have turned into one whining thread after another buy bally/williams and quite whining

images.jpegimages.jpeg
#324 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Pinside seems to have turned into one whining thread after another buy bally/williams and quite whining

images.jpeg

I think your "whining" about the whinners is more pathetic. Do you just skim through the forum and pick hot threads with mild debates just to crap in them? No need to respond, I won't see it.

#325 9 years ago

Honestly Ball Williams shit is boring now and looks uber dated. I have not had the desire to touch anything of theirs in almost 15 years. I played the fark out of those game on route and only a handful like bsd or wh20 are worth owning.

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Or Steve leaves....AGAIN because of Gary AGAIN! Surprised he even works there now really. That was a huge shit storm when he left in the middle of HIS Avatar design.

There was....but they seem to have a decent working relationship now. Ritchie is a Stern employee now (he was an independent contractor before) and he says things now like "we're Stern" when he talks at shows.

He supposedly meet with Jack who wanted him to come to JJP, but choose to go back to Stern.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'll bet anything in the past 3 months nobody touched the Star Trek code.

I don't think that's true actually, but I guess we'll find out. Here's hoping.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I think your "whining" about the whinners is more pathetic. Do you just skim through the forum and pick hot threads with mild debates just to crap in them? No need to respond, I won't see it.

I own a ST and like it very much I wanted to see what people thought needed to be changed. As usual all I find is a bunch of old women go whine whine whine

#329 9 years ago

ek77
If you don't like the thread, don't read the thread.
You are the bigger whiner.
Stern owners are tired of the poor update deployment.
We are taking action.

#330 9 years ago

We could lock Gary in a room, and not allow him any vodka, thus make him sober up, and face reality until we get our game code.

#331 9 years ago

Ritchie said it's going to be finished. We can take that to the bank.

When did he say this?

#332 9 years ago

This is what I think about Gary's code guarantee...
And anything coming out of Stern Inc.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#333 9 years ago

In Stern's defense, maybe it is easier to support games with fewer updates. If there were a bunch of small updates, then each update could potentially have different issues. Each update needs development and testing time so maybe it's more efficient to do one big update. I don't know. It does seem silly to leave customers upset over something that can probably be fixed in a short amount of time. All software gets regular updates these days so it's standard practice.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When did he say this?

Ductch Expo in November.

Skip to 16:00 mark.

#335 9 years ago

» YouTube video
Ductch Expo in November.

Boom.
And Captain Kirk drops the mic as he walks off stage.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Boom.
And Captain Kirk drops the mic as he walks off stage.

Meaningless. Nothing is proven until the code is released and it's not the slopfest it currently is.

Rob

#337 9 years ago

Its waison he fubared it on Xmen and he fubared it on ST now he will fubar it on WWE. Glad steve said that

#338 9 years ago

Official Stern Bullshit Detector

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Meaningless. Nothing is proven until the code is released and it's not the slopfest it currently is.
Rob

Not meaningless.

#340 9 years ago

I'm feeling good vibes. Everyone take a deep breath.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm feeling good vibes. Everyone take a deep breath.

Where are these vibes you speak of originating from? We will squash them immediately!!!!

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Where are these vibes you speak of originating from? We will squash them immediately!!!!

Pfft. Go ahead and try. You'll simply tire yourself out and in your weakened state be more susceptible to my positive influence!

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I was simply referring to the point where Kirk proved his point.
Not that what Steve said was gospel.

#344 9 years ago

Aurich,

You would get better vibes using the Stern Bullshit Detector.
LOL

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I was simply referring to the point where Kirk proved his point.
Not that what Steve said was gospel.

He didn't prove anything most of us already don't know. Of course we know there is another update Steve said is coming, but we have no idea the quality of said update until it is released. At least the emphasis on this next one appears more directed to fixing the game than slapping minor features on an already broken codebase. Galactic Away Team is a half assed feature IMHO because it works only on tier 1 missions. It needs to do something on the other mission tiers as well, not just change the shot map which is not very interesting. As an owner I have my own wishlist of things I would like to see fixed and yes I will be disappointed if that doesn't get done. We can only wait and see what Stern delivers to us.

Rob

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Its waison he fubared it on Xmen and he fubared it on ST now he will fubar it on WWE. Glad steve said that

Many were ripping Lonnie as the guy responsible for the state of the current ST code. I just hope they review the code top to bottom this time, fix the bugs and clean up what's there. They have a lot of good feedback to go on in the bugs thread.

Rob

#347 9 years ago

» YouTube video
Ductch Expo in November.

Just before 40 min, he mentions he doesnt own any games but he wants a STLE, but to his credit, he states "I want the code to be better first.."

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

He didn't prove anything most of us already don't know.

Rob. You are really not understanding me.
I just found it funny. (The video proof of the date)
I guess you do not.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Aurich,
You would get better vibes using the Stern Bullshit Detector.
LOL

Nah, those things don't go off around me.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Rob. You are really not understanding me.
I just found it funny. (The video proof of the date)
I guess you do not.

Stern code updates is not 'funny' business.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-we-want-our-star-trek-code-now/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.