4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've been waiting 6 weeks for a couple parts for my JP2 (built 11/22/19). Today, I'm told the parts shipped out to my distributor (in this instance, CoinTaker).

I've been buying NIB Stern's since 2004 and have received warranty part directly for years (i.e. sent from Stern to my home).

Now, it appears ALL parts need to be funnel through the distributor? This is ludicrous, since it will add 1-2 weeks with no added value (since it is being send UPS Ground). Chas said this process is "because of out-of-state shipping regulations"?

Does anyone understand when this change happened? Please advise.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CafeOne:

I've received parts for JP2 directly , and Cointaker was the distrib as well.

I spoke with my distributor and apparently the “out-of-state shipping regulations” are on a state-by-state basis. I guess various states are trying to tighten up tax loop holes largely directed at Internet sales (e.g. Amazon). Wouldn’t surprise me if CA is more aggressive than FL when it comes to collecting taxes I have tax experience with both states.

Would be nice if Stern support was more forthcoming on the issue/rationale. Waiting another 2 weeks after already waiting 6 weeks is a major bummer.

Oh well...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-warranty-partsno-more-direct-shipping-wth?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.