72 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by yuriijos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 72 days ago

I've been waiting 6 weeks for a couple parts for my JP2 (built 11/22/19). Today, I'm told the parts shipped out to my distributor (in this instance, CoinTaker).

I've been buying NIB Stern's since 2004 and have received warranty part directly for years (i.e. sent from Stern to my home).

Now, it appears ALL parts need to be funnel through the distributor? This is ludicrous, since it will add 1-2 weeks with no added value (since it is being send UPS Ground). Chas said this process is "because of out-of-state shipping regulations"?

Does anyone understand when this change happened? Please advise.

#2 72 days ago

I received a warranty part from Stern last fall (October), and it was shipped to my home address and back to Stern.

#3 72 days ago

I've received parts for JP2 directly , and Cointaker was the distrib as well.

#4 72 days ago

I'm not familiar with the regulations but I understand Stern will no longer direct ship NIB games to customers either and these now also must be shipped to the distributor first then shipped to the customer. I agree it isn't ideal as it increases the shipping time and risk of shipping damage.

#5 72 days ago

Uffff that's lame as fuck....I got a direct replacement part August 2019, looks like the new year brought new bullshit.

#6 72 days ago

Maybe the new Quality Manager wants the distros to handle all the issues? Would put pressure on the distro's to do the right thing.

Hopefully your parts will arrive soon.

#7 72 days ago

I just got a replacement part from stern directly last Friday. It was a new coin door control button assembly for my ST. Came in three days.

#8 72 days ago
    Quoted from thePLAyNone:

I've received parts for JP2 directly , and Cointaker was the distrib as well.

I spoke with my distributor and apparently the “out-of-state shipping regulations” are on a state-by-state basis. I guess various states are trying to tighten up tax loop holes largely directed at Internet sales (e.g. Amazon). Wouldn’t surprise me if CA is more aggressive than FL when it comes to collecting taxes I have tax experience with both states.

Would be nice if Stern support was more forthcoming on the issue/rationale. Waiting another 2 weeks after already waiting 6 weeks is a major bummer.

Oh well...

#9 72 days ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I spoke with my distributor and apparently the “out-of-state shipping regulations” are on a state-by-state basis. I guess various states are trying to tighten up tax loop holes largely directed at Internet sales (e.g. Amazon). Wouldn’t surprise me if CA is more aggressive than FL when it comes to collecting taxes I have tax experience with both states.
    Would be nice if Stern support was more forthcoming on the issue/rationale. Waiting another 2 weeks after already waiting 6 weeks is a major bummer.
    Oh well...

Yeah it's due to the eRate that went into effect. Due to Stern now having to collect tax in every state they're not setup as such so they now have to refer people to distributors.

#10 70 days ago

I just got some replacement head decals for my MET pro just weeks ago directly from Stern. The right side of my back box decal was peeling loose and they sent me both sides. I bought the game back in 2015 and they still honored my warranty. Pretty awesome of Stern IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 9.95
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 10.00
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside