Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
pbl.pdf (PDF preview)
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago

As for how many after market shaker motors got out before the needed capacitor removal fix was addressed I can not say. I can say that only 12 units from Pinball Life left the building.

Of the 12 only 2 had been installed before we learned of the issue. We replaced the node board on these 2 customers' machines ASAP. The other 10 customers simply snipped the capacitor off before installing the kit. There have been no issues since.

There is no voltage difference/issue between the SAM and SPIKE system shaker motors. Shake motors are a pretty simple animal; metal weights placed off center from gravity spin from an axel causing the game to shake. As long as the motor's voltage rating and RPMS are correct you are good to go. SAM system shaker kits require a grounding cap, SPIKE kits do not.

I would like to add that Stern heard of this early grounding issue first and they called me to let me know it was happening. I think that was very nice and responsible of them.

7 years later
#90 1 year ago
Quoted from newtoit:

So a Sam shaker woll work in a Spike if you snip the cap.

You have to snip off the capacitor from the SAM shaker frame and lengthen the wiring harness (and maybe change the connector, can't remember for sure and I'm not at the warehouse right now).
You will no longer need the interface board used with the SAM shaker kit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-warning-post-shaker-motors?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.