tms.jpg
tms2.jpg
style-the-golden-girls.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 12.35.33 AM.png
th-2-169.jpeg
image-540.jpg
image-585.jpg
image-856.jpg
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

http://www.thekisskruise.com/
If fans will pay $4,000 to go on a cruse ship with KISS, do you think they will pay $4,600 for a pinball machine?

... i would dprefer this cruise ..

http://www.motorheadcruise.com/

and i would prefer a motörhead pinball as well.. , far more interactive toys possible

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from fatbeerdrinker:

Add to that he is now the sole Jersey Jack distributer in Australia who has just made what seems to be a bold off-the-cuff comment about Stern's future plans... But who knows he maybe right but definitely take it with a grain of salt though.

One grain of salt taken.

#303 9 years ago

Why all the gloom about pinball dying?

Seems to me the pinball collector demographic is getting YOUNGER, not older.

There were hardly any pinball collectors in their 20s and 30s ten years back. Now there are plenty.

Kiss and their fans are getting old, bloated, and dying off - not pinball fans.

#304 9 years ago

I'm sure Jersey Jack/Stern values our opinion when it comes to reasearching new titles to come. I would think its just one of the many variables in determining what game(s) would be successful. Research must be done to select the most vital choice for the company and stake holders. You cant just throw ideas at the market and hope they stick. Zombies are popular right now! How many regualar views are there each week across the world?? Kiss is popular (willing to tour again, $$$ is there!). How many records sales and concert tickets sold?? Fans young and old wanting to see them again. Vintage Kiss machines still holding value! Bottom line for a company in business to make money: build what will sell. But for our case: build what will excite!

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Although I agree with the wife has to agree criteria, there are quite a few women that watch the Walking Dead. The show is a soap opera with zombies running around in it after all.

Sure, but there is a difference between liking to watch the show once a week and having a TWD pinball machine with zombie artwork in your livingroom 24/7.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sure, but there is a difference between liking to watch the show once a week and having a TWD pinball machine with zombie artwork in your livingroom 24/7.

I'm sure the "wife factor" is about 5000th on the list of concern for the Stern marketing team.

Does anybody seriously think this is a consideration?

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure the "wife factor" is about 5000th on the list of concern for the Stern marketing team.

Does anybody seriously think this is a consideration?

Gary has mentioned this repeatedly in various seminars this is a huge factor.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Gary has mentioned this repeatedly in various seminars this is a huge factor.

So nobody believes anything Gary says, ever, except for this?

Honestly the only "wife friendly" theme that has come out in pinball in ages wasn't even made by Stern.

#309 9 years ago

Like Vid said, why does it have to be one or the other? Why not do both, or all three for the purposes of making the Maiden folks happy too? We have something like 12-14 pin makers going right now and everything from Predator, to The Big Lebowski, to Alice in Wonderland on deck. Personally, I absolutely love the Walking Dead series on cable, but I'd prefer to see a Resident Evil pin for better toys and chicks on the back glass. Still, there appears to be enough folks to buy a s@#tload of Walking Dead pins, so Stern should have figured that out by now to make up for Mustang's crash and burn (if rumors are true). We've also got enough room for Game of Thrones down the road too. None of us can afford them all, so hopefully all of the popular titles under Pinside deliberation will get their day in the sun.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Stern should have figured that out by now to make up for Mustang's crash and burn (if rumors are true).

The distributors are selling Mustangs. It outsold X-Men, (not that that's saying much) so it's far from a bomb.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So nobody believes anything Gary says, ever, except for this?

Gary told me face to face at a Mustang release party that they WOULD NOT ever be rerunning Iron Man, just would not make sense for them to do it.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

just would not make sense for them to do it.

Was probably true up until Mustang sales tanked and they needed SOMETHING on the line to keep the factory humming. Things change and I'm kinda glad they are nimble enough to set something like that up to weather minor storms like an unsuccessful title like Mustang.

#313 9 years ago

As much as I like the Walking dead show. I'm not buying the damn game no matter what, because paying over 6k for a game, is way to much in my eyes. Let Stern milk someone else by giving them $4500 worth of product and charge them $7k to do it.

So I could give a crap either way. Make Kiss and it will be another Mustang for me, or Make TWD and i'll buy one 2 years from the release date for $4500-5500. Either way, I could care less.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The distributors are selling Mustangs. It outsold X-Men, (not that that's saying much) so it's far from a bomb.

I doubt Mustang outsold XMEN. There were 2 sets of XMEN LE models (300 each sold) and lots of PROs sold. Who told you this?

#315 9 years ago

500 LE'S or less is Limited but over 500 IT IS NOT !!!!!!! Just saying

#316 9 years ago

As much as I am a fan of Walking Dead, it's getting old.

The Strain on FX is the new cool comic-to-TV thing now. It's 3 episodes in and it's friggin' killer !!
Del Toro is a visionary genius !

#317 9 years ago

^^ Elvira?

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The Strain on FX is the new cool comic-to-TV thing now. It's 3 episodes in and it's friggin' killer !!

100% agree that show is fantastic!

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I won't either.
KISS is the devil

Haha, I didn't mean to sound like a church mom. I just have always found the whole makeup and costume thing to be stupid and revolting looking. I can handle their music as long as I don't have to look at them. I still much prefer ACDC and Metallica in every possible way as a music theme.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Either way, I could care less.

So you do care somewhat since you could care less then you currently do. Plus you cared enough to comment. Sorry I couldn't resist.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Gary told me face to face at a Mustang release party that they WOULD NOT ever be rerunning Iron Man, just would not make sense for them to do it.

This makes sense to Stern........$$$$$$$$$.

#322 9 years ago

I think TWD would have more coin op potential than a kiss game, at least here in the US. It's something new rather than another classic rock jukebox theme too, good to have some variety.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Who told you this?

The distributor.

#324 9 years ago

I guess that it all boils down to the fact that it does not matter what anyone on Pinside thinks.

Stern will do themes that have licenses available and that they believe will make them money.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That makes two bombs…...

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That makes two bombs…...

My type of wise ass

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The distributor.

Yeah distributors say a lot of things. Not all true. Especially when they are trying to hype a new release.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yeah distributors say a lot of things. Not all true. Especially when they are trying to hype a new release.

I get that.

This guy I've known 35 years and even attended his daughter's wedding.

He of course knows I don't run a route anymore. I'm un-hype-able, anyway.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I get that.
This guy I've known 35 years and even attended his daughter's wedding.
He of course knows I don't run a route anymore. I'm un-hype-able, anyway.

I still doubt the info but can respect why you don't. Did three runs of the XM Pros there has not been enough time nor demand for Mustang to do three runs of the pro model IMO. Really doesn't matter just some silly pinhead banter I guess.

#330 9 years ago

I still doubt the info but can respect why you don't. Did three runs of the XM Pros there has not been enough time nor demand for Mustang to do three runs of the pro model IMO. Really doesn't matter just some silly pinhead banter I guess.

I see what you are saying.

What the distributor is saying is that Mustang is outselling X-Men for the same amount of time on the market.

#331 9 years ago

Yeah. It's ALL banter, but good fun. Speculation here is much more exciting than that boring old stock market anyway.

#332 9 years ago

So you do care somewhat since you could care less then you currently do. Plus you cared enough to comment. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Well i'd have to care a little in order to have the ability to care less. So if I said I could care less, meaning there is a lower point of caring I could go, and that would be the point of confirming it's Kiss.

#333 9 years ago

I'm saving my money for kiss. No preorder though. If I like what I see I'll buy it, if not I won't, just like it used to be. Ed

2 weeks later
#334 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I see what you are saying.
What the distributor is saying is that Mustang is outselling X-Men for the same amount of time on the market.

And that's nothing to brag about right there either.....

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

And that's nothing to brag about right there either.....

Quoted from vid1900:

The distributors are selling Mustangs. It outsold X-Men, (not that that's saying much) .

#336 9 years ago

Someone will pay if this is true.

image-648.jpgimage-648.jpg
#337 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Someone will pay if this is true.

If you read a few of OP's posts in this thread, the title was clearly either trolling or serious wishful thinking (probably a bit of both).

Post edited by fosaisu: typo

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

As much as I am a fan of Walking Dead, it's getting old.

Since you guys talked about this and I remember one commercial. I am watching it now. Well part way through the first episode....it is getting good.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Since you guys talked about this and I remember one commercial. I am watching it now. Well part way through the first episode....it is getting good.

You ain't seen nothing yet !

#340 9 years ago

ep 1 is about done......mmmmm

#341 9 years ago

Gene Simmons is an ignorant a-hole pure and simple. His latest comments telling young people to go kill themselves (if they have depression and want a way out) is pretty distasteful in light of recent happenings. As much as I like some of the music even though it's kinda basic, I'll have a hard time justifying spending money that will go to lining his pockets.

Rob

#342 9 years ago

and just finished ep's 1-5......good show. Not totally sure about a pin on The Strain, but maybe after there is a season or based on the comic there could. I'm excited to see TWD vpin game, and how they did modes etc.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Gene Simmons is an ignorant a-hole pure and simple. His latest comments telling young people to go kill themselves (if they have depression and want a way out) is pretty distasteful in light of recent happenings. As much as I like some of the music even though it's kinda basic, I'll have a hard time justifying spending money that will go to lining his pockets.
Rob

yeah....I'd play one but I wouldn't buy one.

#344 9 years ago

Kiss sucks .

1 week later
#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

So with Walking Dead being as risky as Mustang, Kiss pushed up the line.
When will it be out?
Does that also mean JPOP wasted his time making his game

Suck it!

image-506.jpgimage-506.jpg
#346 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I could not justify giving this horrible human being one cent of my hard earned money, he is a oxygen thief.

#348 9 years ago

"Kiss Shelved for Stern Walking Dead"

#349 9 years ago

So it really is confirmed? I am a bit late/behind on all this.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

So it really is confirmed? I am a bit late/behind on all this.

If that is not proof I don't know what is. It came from the season 4 set that was released today. jediturtle posted it in another TWD forum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-walking-dead-shelved-for-kiss/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.