tms.jpg
tms2.jpg
style-the-golden-girls.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 12.35.33 AM.png
th-2-169.jpeg
image-540.jpg
image-585.jpg
image-856.jpg
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 9 years ago

No walking dead
I guess IM will get my money then...

#102 9 years ago

Kiss.
LOL!

#103 9 years ago

Blah
Not a KISS fan

#104 9 years ago

Not everyone is going to like every theme.

Dolly Parton is a good playing game, but I'm not buying it.

Metallica is super fun, but I don't want Lars' voice stuck in my head.

You guys act like if Stern makes a theme you don't like, the world is going to end. You don't have to like every theme they make !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You don't have to like every theme they make

I'm glad I don't. It's making that Big Buck Hunter look better by the minute.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Dolly Parton is a good playing game, but I'm not buying it.

Really? I always thought the art was nice but the game was a dog

Quoted from vid1900:

Metallica is super fun, but I don't want Lars' voice stuck in my head.

A bit of work in Pinball Browser can take care of ol' Lars

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

No walking dead
I guess IM will get my money then...

Op or MODS - change the Subject line...it's misleading to post rumor/speculation as fact.

#108 9 years ago

Wtf? Kiss? I mean I'm not going to bash the band or anything but are you fu*king kidding me? Kiss over THE WALKING DEAD? Shit I know 10 guys here in Montreal alone waiting to buy the LE version of the game, let alone the 100's that will buy the pro version, and this is only one province in Canada.

But in terms of business there's nothing more doable than TWD. Why? It's simple. What's happening now? That's the key. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. Who is really going to buy a kiss machine over The Walking Dead in 2014? The Walking Dead is wrapping (or already has) it's 4th season and still kicking ass. Go to Universal Studios and whats the main thing on Halloween Horror Nights? TWD. If Universal still feels the need to promote TWD that means there's a whack load of money being made from the franchise. The Walking Dead is NOW, and people will buy what's hot now. Hundreds of thousands of the series end DVD's are purchased annually. I'm not saying Kiss are bad, I'm just saying in terms of marketing there's more juice behind TWD and it's a more brandable title right now in 2014 than a "Kiss" machine. Just my two cents. Crucify me if you don't agree . But I wanna see my god damn zombies already!

#109 9 years ago

most fan's of kiss are either dead, in retirement communities, or have dementia....not a good target audience.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Op post a poll on this thread... Kiss or walking dead. Lets see where the money from pin side would go

If Kiss couldn't beat out Maiden, I don't see how it could beat out TWD.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

most fan's of kiss are either dead, in retirement communities, or have dementia....not a good target audience

Tell that to Tom Morello...

#112 9 years ago

Its going to be a hit, KISS is worldwide brand and its a collectable brand. It will sell a ton of copies to all the KISS collectors out there, how much does a Bally KISS go for these days? I'd rather see a different theme, but its pretty obvious that KISS will sell more copies to the personal collectors then The Walking Dead. Its a smart business move for Stern. Even the pinheads will end up buying one and holding onto it because of the collectable value of KISS in hopes that a KISS fanatic will overspend for one 5+ years down the line.

#113 9 years ago

Where is this info coming from?

How is KISS confirmed?

Where did people hear Mark Ritchie is returning ( which is awesome, btw )?

been saving up for TWD for a while -- yeah, maybe Iron Man will get my money, too.
time for another Hitler video i guess...

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

How is KISS confirmed?

Jpop confirmed that he lost his shot at the KISS license because they signed with Stern.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

It's coming from BallyPinball AKA Wayne AKA the guy who claimed he was remaking MM and never did.

Grain.
of.
salt.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

How is KISS confirmed?
Where did people hear Mark Ritchie is returning ( which is awesome, btw )?
been saving up for TWD for a while -- yeah, maybe Iron Man will get my money, too.
time for another Hitler video i guess...

All very good points Joel where did the mark Ritchie info come from would be very cool if its true

#117 9 years ago

i heard about Jpop losing the license. thats too bad because that pin looked amazing at MGC.
so TWD is moved back, KISS is next? TWD is cancelled? Mark Ritchie is doing KISS and its next, then later TWD?

( wanting to climb off ledge )

#118 9 years ago

KISS! My ass. I've got posters on my wall. My favorite rock group, kiss. I've got, Ace Frehley, I've got Peter Criss, waiting there for me, yes I do. I do. No wait.... I don't because I hate them. Sorry Weezer, even you suck now. Post Pinkerton you blew yourselves.

#119 9 years ago

"Morello was a strong supporter of the Immigrants Reform Rally and protest around the US."
"Morello was one of 400 protesters arrested protesting in support of immigrant hotel workers' rights."
"We are here to express our solidarity with them, to help them unionize and help them close the gap between their sub-poverty wages and the millions and millions of dollars the people who own these hotels make."

Yea, he is to be taken seriously...NOT.!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

So with Walking Dead being as risky as Mustang, Kiss pushed up the line.
When will it be out?
Does that also mean JPOP wasted his time making his game

This guy is full of bs; nothing of the sort happened and the next title is the same intended license that it has been all along

#121 9 years ago

Why would TWD be shelved when it's a hot show now. Kiss will be around forever.

Who says this is even true?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Kiss will be around forever.

Who says this is even true?

Ask the remaining members of the Ramones that.

#123 9 years ago

Oof!

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

and the next riyal is the same intended

What is a riyal ?

LTG : )™

#125 9 years ago

LOL....

#126 9 years ago

Gene Simmons is a doosh.

#127 9 years ago

In fact, top best selling artists of all time in the united states, Kiss doesn't even break the top 100...

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Gene Simmons is a doosh.

+1

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Kiss my a** stern... I want walking dead by Borg

Stern didn't come out and say they aren't doing TWD, this guy from Melbourne just made it up. He has no clue don't listen to him.

#131 9 years ago

True or not, the best part is is that we don't have to buy it!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Kiss NEVER made the top 20 of any all time grossing bands on tour....

They are 24 for all time grossing band.

The Kiss Alive/Worldwide/Reunion Tour was the top-grossing act of 1996 and 1997.

So that is 2 years they were #1

They out-earned many bands with a much broader appeal like U2 and Michael Jackson those years, even though MJ's average ticket prices were much larger than KISS.

Quoted from limelime20:

In fact, top best selling artists of all time in the united states, Kiss doesn't even break the top 100...

Kiss has been awarded 29 gold albums to date, the most of any American rock band.

29 albums have been certfied Gold
13 albums have been certified Platinum ( 2 Double Platinum).
2 singles have been certified Gold.
12 videos have been certified Gold,
4 videos have been certified Platinum ( 3 Multi-Platinum).

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Stern didn't come out and say they aren't doing TWD, this guy from Melbourne just made it up. He has no clue don't listen to him.

In fact Gary has said "Too gross!" a few times when asked about doing a Zombie theme.

#134 9 years ago

and he also said they'd never re-run Iron Man. Thank goodness that one didn't hold up.
hopefully, "Too Gross" will be replaced by Gro$$ Profits!

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

and he also said they'd never re-run Iron Man. Thank goodness that one didn't hold up.
hopefully, "Too Gross" will be replaced by Gro$$ Profits!

You guys can argue, hope and protest until you turn blue.

The license may not even be available for pinball.

#136 9 years ago

KISS has now been the "next Stern release" for about 3 years.

By the time it actually happens there will be no original members in KISS.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's coming from BallyPinball AKA Wayne AKA the guy who claimed he was remaking MM and never did.
Grain.
of.
salt.

Add to that he is now the sole Jersey Jack distributer in Australia who has just made what seems to be a bold off-the-cuff comment about Stern's future plans... But who knows he maybe right but definitely take it with a grain of salt though.

#138 9 years ago

So with Walking Dead being as risky as Mustang, Kiss pushed up the line.
When will it be out?
Does that also mean JPOP wasted his time making his game

Well, this is what people think of your post..

Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 12.35.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-25 at 12.35.33 AM.png

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

KISS has now been the "next Stern release" for about 3 years.

Stern just got the license last month, and most games need a year of development time.

So it is about 2-3 releases away.

#140 9 years ago

But I thought Golden Girls is the next Stern title!?

style-the-golden-girls.jpgstyle-the-golden-girls.jpg
#141 9 years ago

Muppets!
I would like to see a pinball with a red balcony and two old guys on it.

tms.jpgtms.jpg

tms2.jpgtms2.jpg

#142 9 years ago

I don't mind watching TWD but I would never buy the pin. I would be interested in a Kiss pin though as long as Stern had nothing to do with it.

#143 9 years ago

To hell with you Kiss haters.....................I will be buying one, right after I see the art work. I refuse to buy a pin without Ace & Peter. So the first thing I will be doing is paying Aurich to do a custom translite with the original 4.

#144 9 years ago

I hope really Zombi Muppets will be the next.

I love Muppets and TWD ... but in fact they will go for a KISS I hope they will photoshop the playfield with all the KISS guys without any make-up. So it will come close to TWD even more

#145 9 years ago

The Walking Dead means nothing in Australia but Kiss is more International
I would take 100 Kiss Machines if you are listening Stern email me your Bank details.
The Walking Dead here will not sell anywhere near Kiss
Like Nascar I guess, Very low International Sales

I live in Australia and The Walking Dead is one of the few shows I watch every episode of. I also have a NASCAR pinball machine and don't like Kiss.

#146 9 years ago

Judging by market trends and what people are looking for, I highly doubt that a Kiss pinball will be made. Here, let me help Stern by showing them a Kiss pinball would be the biggest mistake:

Google Adwords:

Keyword - "Kiss band" = generates only 14,000 searchs a month on average

Keyword - "The Walking Dead" = generates 1,000,000 searches a month on average (just short of 2 million last month).

Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Metallica... those made sense as there was more of a following for those bands (a solid following at that). But for Kiss, it's a different story if you're looking at it as a whole. You don't ever hear or see ANY type of marketing for the band right now (check Google Keyword analysis above), not even on channels like MTV and MuchMusic (Canada), or any other entertainment channel for that matter. You DO still hear about Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Metallica.

IF.. and I mean only IF Stern headquarters had a drunken party and decided to pull the trigger to put out a Kiss pin, I'd be shocked if more than 300 machines go into any houses. Selling to a distributor is one thing, but selling it to the consumer is another. If a distributor orders a Kiss pinball machine and can't get it to leave it's doors well then guess what? Stern will hear about it and get less orders in the future. Again, this all comes down to market trends where "Kiss" in teh entertainment field is close to nothing right now. Sure people can talk about collectibles here and there. I mean my grandfather has a stamp collection, doesn't mean Stern will make a pinball about stamps. Who cares what collectibles people have. All that Stern should care right now is what makes them money. The only way is to do a market based research for both US and Canada (since that's their main markets), and see what is more popular, and I can guarentee you that Kiss doesn't fall into the top spots, or even close. Just because I like Michael Jackson doesn't mean I'd come on here and say an MJ pinball will definitely be made. Not enough demand and although I'd love for Stern to make one, even I know it's not a viable product to be pushed out. Same thing with Kiss.

Again, just my two cents but let's get those damn zombines coming our way!!!

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Op post a poll on this thread... Kiss or walking dead. Lets see where the money from pin side would go

Just added the Poll

PS I said I would take a 100 Kiss Games from Stern, So I have nothing against Stern

Open discussion about Kiss nothing more nothing less

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What a horrible day for pinball if this was true. Please don't start such terrible threads without facts.

TWD was never "official" anyway, just a pinside rumor, I doubt they will ever make a TWD pin...

I still want my Angry Birds pin lol

#149 9 years ago

Kiss would suck - waist of everyone's time and money. Enough with the music pins.....please!

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Maybe Gary bought the kiss license so no one could make a kiss pinball? That would be great!

"would you like to see my hitler's?"
bonus points for the first person that gets the reference

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-walking-dead-shelved-for-kiss/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.