Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by moto_cat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-513.jpg

#1 5 years ago

We will have a decent number of both in stock shipping is available or can be picked up in Kansas city, Desmoines, IA, Omaha, NE.

Please Contact me if interested in purchasing a machine, The price will be the same as any other dealer here on Pinside. Do not contact me if you just want a price. We do give an extended warranty on all the machines we sell.

Bobby@detailswardrobeconsultants.com

#2 5 years ago

In stock?

#3 5 years ago

Price is no concern here, I just want to make sure it also includes the exorbitant extended warranty..!! thanks.!!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

The price will be the same as any other dealer here on Pinside. Do not contact me if you just want a price.

Oh yeah, with this attitude I'm confident your customer service will exceed my expectations.

Buy a pinball from me...I'm the same price as every other dealer, not cheaper, so no real reason to put up with my attitude, and don't waste my time and make me provide the courtesy of a quote like ever other dealer and business in the world realizes is part of the game when selling any product.

The junkie on the street selling fake Rolex watches is even willing to put more effort into it!

I'll pass thank you

#5 5 years ago

In his defense, I think what he is saying is that he will match other's pricing and provide a convenient way to pick up for locals. Maybe it wasn't word very eloquently but give him the benefit of the doubt.

#6 5 years ago

In stock for a pin that will not enter production for another 3 weeks.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

In stock for a pin that will not enter production for another 3 weeks.

i think it was more a joke. well im guessing anyway. heh

#8 5 years ago

Just trying to Avoid All the emails asking for price, If you are local to the midwest I will match anyone else's price and give an extended warranty. I will also match any price as long as verifiable nationwide.

Too many pure Tire kickers and competitors emailing for pricing so they can call Stern and complain, I will Match any other dealer on here its as simple as that. Nothing will be in stock until later this month and October.

Full service warranty and repair in those three cities also.

We also have WOZ Standards with Newest light boards and Clearcoated cabinets new in the box.

#9 5 years ago

Bobby runs a great location to play pinball in Omaha ( awesome pizza, too). It's a sweet collection of games - including the latest Sterns - in nice shape. He sells new pins as well from the same place

yes, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt before jumping down his throat.

#10 5 years ago

ebay.com link

Watch my Ebay in the coming months for some rare NIB Sterns coming very soon.
a few NIB Williams games and pitch and bats also.

My 15 Plus years on Ebay with Perfect Feedback speaks for itself. Selling only high end goods and movie props.

#11 5 years ago

image-513.jpg

#12 5 years ago

The key in the first sentence is it says we will have in stock, I do not see anywhere where it says in stock?

#13 5 years ago

Question. If a dealer is $4800 shipped. Do you knock off some $$ if picked up in person? Also of picked up in person do you add sales tax?

#14 5 years ago

ebay.com link
My 15 Plus years on Ebay with Perfect Feedback speaks for itself. Selling only high end goods and movie props.

very nice gear.

#15 5 years ago

The key in the first sentence is it says we will have in stock, I do not see anywhere where it says in stock?

After you edited and added the "will", it now states that. I will give you props for actually responding to this thread, since you've had a problem in the past.

#16 5 years ago

Too many pure Tire kickers and competitors emailing for pricing so they can call Stern and complain, I will Match any other dealer on here its as simple as that. Nothing will be in stock until later this month and October.

This guy will never get back to you..that's been my experience with him on my last 2 pins....and many here...Your better to get
a deal somewhere else...

#17 5 years ago

Email problems are fixed, I respond to all Emails, I do not respond to Pm's. Again Thanks for those that emailed and just send me a message with questions. We will have some listed one ebay and other more professional sites that can deal with Trolls.

#18 5 years ago

He isn't cheaper. When I looked into buying a Star Trek Pro a year ago, he was $250 more than Game Exchange

#19 5 years ago

Email problems are fixed, I respond to all Emails, I do not respond to Pm's. Again Thanks for those that emailed and just send me a message with questions. We will have some listed one ebay and other more professional sites that can deal with Trolls.

Geez, glad I'm not closer.

#20 5 years ago

If this is the guys attitude before he has your money, just think what it will be afterwards.

No thanks

#21 5 years ago

Sheezus Benny your potential customers are gunna be like Josey Wales in this video if you keep on like this.

#22 5 years ago

ebay.com link

not sure I'd buy a pin from ya, but dang, u have some nice leather jackets and sunglasses!

#23 5 years ago

Well I know one dealer I'll never buy from. You are freakin clueless dude...I can't imagine any of the dealers I bought from having such terrible customer service I'm glad to say!

#24 5 years ago

I sent a couple of PM's To this guy he was nothing but a clown you should join the circus or stick to making s***** pizzas. he is not a stern dealer

#25 5 years ago

Earlier this year I was in Omaha, and I stopped by an 80's-style pizza joint and arcade, and played some great pins that included a Williams Indiana Jones in excellent condition. Bob introduced himself and we had a very nice conversation. From that introduction, I would judge Bob as someone I would do business with.

Internet forum communication can be difficult, when it comes to tone. Maybe that's the case here, and maybe not. Just wanted to share that when it came to handshakes and face-to-face, Bob was friendly, knowledgable, and professional.

#26 5 years ago

ebay.com link

If you want a $949.00 leather jacket, this may be your guy. If you want a NIB Stern for the lowest price with the best customer service, stick with Trent.

#27 5 years ago

This guy is not a stern dealer and you will NOT Be warrantied when calling stern. I know this first hand. Shame on me. He is not a person to do business with. Stick to good guys that are actual stern dealers. BUYER BEWARE.

BUYERE BEWARE of BENE not a stern dealer.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

If you want a $949.00 leather jacket, this may be your guy. If you want a NIB Stern for the lowest price with the best customer service, stick with Trent.

949? Is it a Lostworlds or Aero? Where is that link? Edit: it worked this time.

#29 5 years ago

Some people never quit. "2nd hand WOZ pins are not warrantied! Oh, and by the way I'm selling 2 of them"

#30 5 years ago

He's been talking about these "hidden gem" NIB Sterns for months, but they've yet to show up on eBay or anywhere else for that matter.

He doesn't respond to PMs, and fairly quickly stops responding in the thread itself.

I'd stick with JJ at GEX or Trent at Tilt...and skip this guy.

#31 5 years ago

I just emailed him earlier today and he responded within 15 minutes...

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

If you want a NIB Stern for the lowest price with the best customer service, stick with Trent

I second that motion!
Mike in Kentuckky

#33 5 years ago

Gosh guys, y'all are kind of dog piling on this dude. Sure, his first post could have had more tact...big deal, lots of people here could use more polish.

Also, he says he is matching prices on this game, not other games in the past. Perhaps he has a new deal in place with stern now allowing him to buy at the same price as others.

I've never done business with OP but I wouldn't say his post style would scare me off. Anyway, no rules have been broken but do stay nice gang please.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh guys, y'all are kind of dog piling on this dude. Sure, his first post could have had more tact...big deal, lots of people here could use more polish.
Also, he says he is matching prices on this game, not other games in the past. Perhaps he has a new deal in place with stern now allowing him to buy at the same price as others.
I've never done business with OP but I wouldn't say his post style would scare me off. Anyway, no rules have been broken but do stay nice gang please.

You have to realize that there are posts here that go beyond complaining about his posting style. Plenty of people have had bad experiences with him, including a friend of mine.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You have to realize that there are posts here that go beyond complaining about his posting style. Plenty of people have had bad experiences with him, including a friend of mine.

AGREED

#36 5 years ago

Learn to get a better attitude. Unreal. I don't know why people would buy from this guy.

#37 5 years ago

We will have a decent number of both in stock shipping is available or can be picked up in Kansas city, Desmoines, IA, Omaha, NE.
Please Contact me if interested in purchasing a machine, The price will be the same as any other dealer here on Pinside. Do not contact me if you just want a price. We do give an extended warranty on all the machines we sell.

I think you to clarify whether or not you are an authorized Stern Distributor (or JJP for that matter) or just a reseller?

I think I already know the answer - buyer beware here.....

#38 5 years ago

Wardrobe Consultant? WTF is a wardrobe consultant... And why the hell would someone buy a pinball machine from someone who sells clothes for a living? Egads! Call Trent at Tilt amusements for TWD if you live in the Midwest.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

He doesn't respond to PMs, and fairly quickly stops responding in the thread itself.

He's too busy listing those low, low, low priced NIB machines on eBay.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

^^^This!

I don't think anyone has said anything too harsh or been overly nasty in their comments. A few of us who have tried to do business with him are just giving our opinion to folks who may not know any better.

Note that a thread started by JJ or Trent doesn't get these kind of comments.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

#42 5 years ago

Agreed... I offered to buy one of his Nib pins awhile back, as soon as I asked to see a photo of the pin......., radio silence. I don't think it's piling on as much as offering fair warning to fellow pinsiders

#43 5 years ago

I believe it's the "don't contact me if you want a price" remark. Seriously, what salesman says that? Working for a large corporation with a sales department, this turned me off after I read the post.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

^^^This!
I don't think anyone has said anything too harsh or been overly nasty in their comments. A few of us who have tried to do business with him are just giving our opinion to folks who may not know any better.
Note that a thread started by JJ or Trent doesn't get these kind of comments.
Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Fair enough for me. No rules have been broken.

#46 5 years ago

why would anyone buy a NIB stern pin, from a non authorised dealer anyway ? sounds like the pricing is around the same..... unauthorised resellers? . what do Stern think about all this.? or they sell them to these guys anyway in lots, and dont care what happens after that?.. whats the deal. just interesting to know, thats all.

#47 5 years ago

No problems for me ever, not getting into all the bickering just saying all my NIB in the last few years have mostly been through him

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

why would anyone buy a NIB stern pin, from a non authorised dealer anyway ? sounds like the pricing is around the same..... unauthorised resellers? . what do Stern think about all this.? or they sell them to these guys anyway in lots, and dont care what happens after that?.. whats the deal. just interesting to know, thats all.

My guess is he's getting them from a distributor @ or above wholesale . He gets games for his pizza place cheap & plays pinball dealer on the side. It makes the authorized distributor he's getting them from look like he's selling more units ( in Stern's eyes ) than he actually is . Just my theory. I'd rather support an authorized dealer ( somebody playing by the rules ) my $.02

Post edited by moto_cat: Added info

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside