(Topic ID: 172044)

Stern 'Vault Editions' to continue after SM?

By Brickshot

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballalley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

Hi All,
    The problem with the VE is that the way most licensing is applied. I was discussing with my Stern reps about the possibility of VE editions of a few games. It seems most licensing not only spells out the number of units but also puts the licensing "On the Clock." Once the date passes it becomes difficult for the company to release more units without an entire new contract. I am pretty sure there won't be a Tron VE or LOTR VE and so on. The deal they have with the Marvel people must allow for additional units after the first run. I am sorry some folks feel less than cheery about the SM VE. I really like it. I am an original Spider Man guy. I could not wait until the next issue hit the stands. So a Spiderman pin that captures the vibe of my old comic books is a thrill.

-Jerry

#32 7 years ago

I just talked with my Stern rep yesterday about Tron. He told me the odds were slim to none. Disney holds the license. They are hard to negotiate with. The feeling was they could not sell enough units to make it work. Even though we didn't talk about LOTR specifically, I feel it will not come to a vault edition for the same reasons. I feel like I do know what the next three pins will be and none of them are VE releases. I am currently doing a complete restoration on a LOTR. We have sold a bunch of them and the demand is there but it is nowhere near the demand I get for TRON.

take care-Jerry

#52 7 years ago

I had this conversation with my Stern factory rep three days ago. I guess time will tell. He made it sound like there would not be a Stern TRON VE.He has always been right on the money. So you know otherwise? Then do tell, when is the TRON VE coming out??????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballalley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-vault-editions-to-continue-after-sm?tu=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.