Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from ctree5:

I downloaded the latest StarWars Pro update and plugged in a brand new SanDisk Ultra Flair USB 3.0 Flash Drive, 16GB, and ensured it was FAT-32 formatted . When I go to copy the downloaded file to the root directory, I get a windows message that the file is too large. Any advice? Thanks.

That's your problem - 'When I go to copy the downloaded file'

When you download from Stern it will be a single zip file.
    Unzip that file on your computer and you will get multiple spk files.
    Copy THOSE files to the root level of your USB drive - not the zip file, not a folder of the extracted files.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

16GB USB drives were common 10 years ago. You need a bigger drive, 64GB minimum in 2022.

actually the bigger drives have been problematic at times getting the devices to recognize them. Partitioning them to 8 or 16gigs is usually recommended to make them more reliable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-update-download-to-usb-fail?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.