(Topic ID: 81304)

Stern trying to drop a bombshell? New Patent Application for color changing LEDs

By DCFAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-584.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

So where does chessiv work?

Jpop?

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Who does Cheesiv work for?

Not Stern

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Jack, shutting me up is bs and you know it. One of your ex-employees and I were laughing about that whole story a couple of weeks ago. You had the market in your hand. If you were transparent with people you would have had the most loyal customer base. You only have yourself to blame for your issues.

We HAVE the most loyal customer base now. We appreciate and love them all.

You my friend are still pissed off that we did not use your pinball 2000 mod boardset in our games. Move on already.

I did not design the game myself. I can't take the credit, I can take the blame. First game from a new company, not a bad effort and it will be finished, working and everyone will have their games. That's what we are working towards, everything positive and growing pinball. Not being negative and pissing on people who build up.

Oh, some of your people there are moving on too. Last time I whispered in moo cow's ear, you shut up allright.

Like I said, as a stockholder of a public company, I get to say something too....

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

How's that? They have shipped fewer Woz's than just the STLE's. Stern builds in a month what JJP has shipped in 10 months. AND, I wouldn't say the "playability" is ahead either. Woz is a dog compared to STLE.
    I chose STLE to compare apples to apples price wise.
    I wouldn't say Gary's "scared as Hell", either. His sales are up 300%+ since 2008 and has the "pro" price point of the market cornered.

WOZ is a dog compared to STLE? I'm sorry but any game with a left ramp / right ramp / middle ramp will always play faster then a game like TZ, WOZ, LOTR, TSPP, etc and that is due to far less being on the playfield. Does that make it better though and does every game have to have that layout to be fun? While those layouts are fun people also want games like WOZ with ton's of shots, toys, features, etc. There's room for both types of games just like how there's room for Ferrari and Rolls-Royce

I think the rear view mirror comment was intended to mean that JJP has passed Stern in innovation and tech in their machines. After buying a NIB ACDC and NIB WOZECLE last year I agree. Stern games are a lot of fun, they can build 3-5 machines a year but JJP is making the Cadillac of pinball machines right now and leading the way in innovating pinball. It also helps getting regular code updates, providing feedback to your customer base and being open to customer feedback.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

So where does chessiv work?

I am assuming chessiv works for Stern but I can be almost certain chessiv IS NOT on the list for The Hobbit!

#56 10 years ago

Was pretty funny how you pissed all over the WOZ theme then you get a job working for a company that is making an online game with the WOZ theme......that's funny!

#57 10 years ago

Maybe Stern could get the patent for shipping games with incomplete code, thus forcing all other manufacturers to ship games only with completed code.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe it was a typo and he meant licking?

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Was pretty funny how you pissed all over the WOZ theme then you get a job working for a company that is making an online game with the WOZ theme......that's funny!

Note to Jack and Chessiv ... I don't know either of you but there is obviously a lot of animosity here! As Tigerlaw stated this may be best for two to go at it via PM. A public forum is not the place as neither one of you will come out looking good!

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

You my friend are still pissed off that we did not use your pinball 2000 mod boardset in our games. Move on already.

Sorry to the mods and everyone else but I can't let jack come on here and lie. The first time I was approached to supply you with Nucore don and I were only offered stock in the company and no cash. I refused as I would only take cash as I didn't trust you to be in control of payment in the form of stock. The second time I was approached we were offered the same, no cash, just stock. I laughed because I refused to first time. The third offer that came in was stock for the tourament code and the jukebox. I refused yet again due to no cash offer. That is the real story and we weren't working for free.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Hmmm, no wonder Cheesiv would always give me a hard time every time I said something positive about Woz!

#62 10 years ago

I think Williams owns the p2k stuff, but I could be wrong

#63 10 years ago

Wonder if stern will file under my headphone patent lol

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

Maybe Stern could get the patent for shipping games with incomplete code, thus forcing all other manufacturers to ship games only with completed code.

You my friend are on to something here!!!! You should get this idea patent immediately than STERN would also have to ship machines with finished code!!!

#65 10 years ago

Called it

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Who does Cheesiv work for?

image-584.jpgimage-584.jpg
    #67 10 years ago

Hey guys, I'm the only mod on right now and I'm not comfortable with the back and forth that I've requested be stopped...I'm locking the thread and linking to Robin to review when he wakes up in hour or two.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-trying-to-drop-a-bombshell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.