IMG_1247 (resized).jpg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpg
IMG_1356 (resized).jpg
IMG_1406 (resized).jpg
IMG_1393 (resized).jpg
IMG_1369 (resized).jpg
IMG_1410 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeatherbyMAG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Picked up a pair of Trident's off of Nic from Roanoke Pinball Museum at Allentown..... Both were in pretty good shape.... one slightly better than the other. Figured I'd use the worse of the 2 for parts & make 1 nice one & sell the second one, when finished with the "good one". Turned out, the good one was all I really needed.... it had the better plastics, better PF, better BG, better cabinet & it had a new rectifier installed.......

I got it fired up & made sure most stuff worked before I stripped the PF for a touch up & clear job. I ended up finding an even better BG on eBay & picked that up for it...

All inserts needed re-glued, removed lots of mylar, touched up ball swirls best I could with magic eraser, 6 coats of clear, & a lot of buffing with 3M Perfect-it.

New pop bumper caps, all new drop targets & standup targets, rubber kit & a lot of elbow grease. This is the original apron, all original plastics.... stuff was in pretty nice shape. I lightened all the coil plungers in the 4 slings & both pop bumpers as per another post I had made. Slings are strong, pop bumpers are a bit weak for my taste, going to make some changes there & see what happens.

Comet Retro LED's in PF GI & Comet 2 SMD Warm Frosted's in the backbox.

New PF glass, flipper cab switches & buttons... factory boards, new connectors...... plays pretty well, needs some minor adjustments & of course all feature lights were working until I turned it back on tonight for pics & the 6000 Bonus decided to not work for pics... will add that to its of small things to mess with.

Not an overly popular game, (doesn't have a lot going on, other than couple spinners & memory drop targets) but it fits in well sitting beside my Stern Stingray as two underwater aquatic themed early Stern SS's.... I personally like the art & theme.... I know it's not for everyone, but I like the fact that it's not a game you see everyday, it's a different Stern that doesn't get a lot of love. & It always feels good to bring another dead pin back to life no matter how valuable or popular it is or isn't.

IMG_1386 (resized).jpgIMG_1386 (resized).jpg

IMG_1385 (resized).jpgIMG_1385 (resized).jpg

IMG_1391 (resized).jpgIMG_1391 (resized).jpg

IMG_1404 (resized).jpgIMG_1404 (resized).jpg

IMG_1399 (resized).jpgIMG_1399 (resized).jpg

IMG_1410 (resized).jpgIMG_1410 (resized).jpg

IMG_1369 (resized).jpgIMG_1369 (resized).jpg

IMG_1393 (resized).jpgIMG_1393 (resized).jpg

IMG_1406 (resized).jpgIMG_1406 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Clear in process.....

IMG_1356 (resized).jpgIMG_1356 (resized).jpg

IMG_1351 (resized).jpgIMG_1351 (resized).jpg

IMG_1357 (resized).jpgIMG_1357 (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago

Really helped that it was not in bad shape to begin with, just was dirty & typical everything worn out after sitting for many years....

I did replace all the posts as well...just because I'm obsessive.... polished all the metal, painted the wood rails etc. Just everything it needed to bring it up to snuff.

IMG_1247 (resized).jpgIMG_1247 (resized).jpg

IMG_1244 (resized).jpgIMG_1244 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

My "spare" Trident that came with this one, is going to be coming up for sale here directly. If anyone is looking for one, PM me for details & pics.

4 months later
#6 5 years ago

Just posting a random pic for someone to see... LOL

IMG_0756 (resized).jpgIMG_0756 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

Wall Hanger Trident BG

IMG_1686 (resized).jpgIMG_1686 (resized).jpgIMG_1688 (resized).jpgIMG_1688 (resized).jpgIMG_1689 (resized).jpgIMG_1689 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#16 3 years ago

Not that I'm aware of. I wish CPR would make Stingray plastics as well. Hopefully someday.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeatherbyMAG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-trident-poseidon-lives?tu=WeatherbyMAG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.