Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sosage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am curious what a Pro model Transformers in nice condition should be selling for. Also, are you a fan and do you think this one will hold or lose value? I played it a couple times and it seemed like a neat game. There are however very mixed reviews about it (when are there not for any pinball!!!) so I wanted to feel around for opinions here.

On a side note, one has been listed in SoCal Craigslist ads for $4250 for a LONG time and I am curious if anyone has information on why that has sat unsold for such a long time. Is it priced too high or are there other issues?

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 11 years ago

It is a good theme with design issues AND software issues. Typically not a good combination. I don't see this game rising in price unless they release a killer software update...even that won't fix the physical design issues though. If you like it, buy it. Don't worry about speculating on whether or not it will rise in price. You won't lose THAT much if it does lose value.

#3 11 years ago

A perfect pro model round on here for $3800 a couple months ago.
Wouldn't think it would go up in value at all. Might drop a little, but not enough to worry aboot.

A lot of issues come from it being just an amazingly tough game to get to wizard; or at least that's my main problem with it. I think it is a fun game though...bit tedious.

#4 11 years ago

I'm in agreement with both Pimp & The Law. I really don't know what the going rate is on a TF Pro, but if it is sitting around for an inordinate amount of time, it probably is perceived as being a bit too high. However, if you like the game, make an offer that you can live with & enjoy! Odds are, if you decide to sell it down the line, you won't lose your shorts...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I am curious what a Pro model Transformers in nice condition should be selling for. Also, are you a fan and do you think this one will hold or lose value? I played it a couple times and it seemed like a neat game. There are however very mixed reviews about it (when are there not for any pinball!!!) so I wanted to feel around for opinions here.
On a side note, one has been listed in SoCal Craigslist ads for $4250 for a LONG time and I am curious if anyone has information on why that has sat unsold for such a long time. Is it priced too high or are there other issues?
Thanks in advance!!!

I just got a pro for a decent price and I love it; the flaws come in the le and not the pro in my mind. The pro is a great game and truly fun to play; plus new code will be coming soon too
derek

#6 11 years ago

it sucks! Stay away from it!

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the input so far!!!

Quoted from musketd:

I just got a pro for a decent price and I love it

Do you mind my asking what a decent price was musketd?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

That one is priced too high. You can probably get a NIB one for about the same or less.

The issues/opinions are highly documented...search Pinside.

#9 11 years ago

I recently bought one for $3800(HUO). It has the LE moving cannon, led's, custom shooter rod,and extra spot lights to light up the dark areas. At first I was thinking I made a mistake in buying it. I am now in love with it. The sound effects and call-outs are great and my machine plays smooth and fast. I think it is a beautiful looking game and a lot of fun.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from crank:

I recently bought one for $3800(HUO). It has the LE moving cannon, led's, custom shooter rod,and extra spot lights to light up the dark areas. At first I was thinking I made a mistake in buying it. I am now in love with it. The sound effects and call-outs are great and my machine plays smooth and fast. I think it is a beautiful looking game and a lot of fun.

Well, if you decide you don't like it, I'm sure many would purchase an LE at 3800, so you would not lose a penny.

#11 11 years ago

Got my Pro for 3800 HUO 4months ago. love it, have had fun making a "toy box" out of it

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Well, if you decide you don't like it, I'm sure many would purchase an LE at 3800, so you would not lose a penny.

Just to clarify, my machine is a Pro with the Le cannon added to it.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from crank:

It has the LE moving cannon

Moving Cannon?

#14 11 years ago

Maybe recoil is a better word to use.

#15 11 years ago

Re-themed AC/DC Premium? Or T2 with TF toys on it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-transformers-price-and-love-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.