Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jakers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I'm having some people over this weekend and wanted to do a friendly, small cash prize tournament. I've researched the tournament settings on my Metallica Premium and can't seem to get the settings to do what I want them to. So, please let me know if this is possible:

I want the game to be on free play so anyone can play whenever they want to. But, if someone wants to play for the cash prize I want them to put their money in the game, push the tournament button and have the game keep track of the tournament cash that's been deposited.

So far through my testing, when it's set to free play, the tournament button flashes along with the start button. Basically I want the start button to be able to start a normal game (without depositing quarters), and the tournament button only flashes and starts a game if you've deposited your quarters.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

dont think it can be done.

#3 7 years ago

Well that's a bummer. Seems like it would be a good option to have in a home environment.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Well that's a bummer. Seems like it would be a good option to have in a home environment.

and that will need to also stop replays and other stuff from adding credits. Maybe an hack for to at least start in free play with the coin switch linked to tournament start.

#5 7 years ago

If the entry fee is only 25 cents you can hook the credit switches to the tournament button

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

If the entry fee is only 25 cents you can hook the credit switches to the tournament button

So you're saying take the two wires from the tournament button and hook them to one of the credit switches?
hmmmmm, this is an interesting idea and could achieve what I'm looking for. Is there a diode on a credit switch? Would that even matter? Do the tournament wires need to be plugged into a certain side of the switch?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So you're saying take the two wires from the tournament button and hook them to one of the credit switches?
hmmmmm, this is an interesting idea and could achieve what I'm looking for. Is there a diode on a credit switch? Would that even matter? Do the tournament wires need to be plugged into a certain side of the switch?

If you hook them up how the credit wires are hooked up, it should work. Make sure you disconnect the credit wires too though, I'd hate for you to blow something up. I take no responsibility regardless!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

If you hook them up how the credit wires are hooked up, it should work. Make sure you disconnect the credit wires too though, I'd hate for you to blow something up. I take no responsibility regardless!

for sure I would unplug the credit wires. I was just wondering if the tournament wires needed to go onto a certain credit switch prong. I know if there's no diode then it shouldn't matter because the switch is just making the connection, but if there's a diode I wouldn't want to possibly damage the game.

Now that I'm thinking about it, one of the tournament switch wires (tan with purple stripe) is connected to a diode. So, if the credit switch has a diode as well I would just have to make sure the tournament diode wire goes to the credit switch prong with the diode. Correct?

I'm probably overthinking this. haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-tournament-setup-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.