Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190219_183811 (resized).jpg
Stern_TB_new.jpg
Shrek_TB2.jpg
Shrek_TB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Cripes! I already have a headache thinking about this. There is a place to harness in a tourney button, yet they don't sell the harness prewired to a button anymore? Instead you have to buy a button, buy and solder on a diode, buy an LED bulb and solder all the unlabled wire yourself?!?

Someone needs to start pre-wireing these buttons for some spare scratch. I'll be your first customer...name your price.

#25 7 years ago

Keep us posted.

I see Cointaker and BC's both carry #86 LED bulbs. I would try one of those since you mentioned the 555 LED in the start button worked with the wires you tried.

If that is the only issue, it seems that Stern would either put the word out to vendors that are selling the buttons to pass along that info to people that are buying them, or better yet include an LED in the button (AND the harness while they are at it).

I hope it works out for you....as I am planning on putting a button in my X-Men LE when the time arrives. Better a button than a useless square hole in the cabinet.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Update. Chaz confirms I need to use a LED style 86 bulb. The LE's and Premiums are not set up to output the voltage for incandescents. Ordering some LEDs stat. So, for future LE purchasers, get a LED 86 when you order your tourney button.

Glad you got things figured out. The bad part is I dount any of the people that stock LED #86 bulbs sell tourney buttons and people that sell tourney buttons don't sell #86 LED bulbs. Double shipping...yeah!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Evansville, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside