You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

button (resized).jpg
84341C79-EC8D-45E9-BFB8-70D418E4511D (resized).png
20191027_123818 (resized).jpg
20191027_123812 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

What are people using for a Tournament Button for Spike System 2 games? The SAM and Spike 1 machines have a square inlay cut out on the cab. The button fits nicely and is tucked away. Spike 2 games like Deadpool have a round cut out but no countersunk hole. Is Stern expecting us to mount that thick ass Square button and have it protrude out of the cab like the Start button? I mean the new round Start button doesn't look obnoxious as its low profile where the Tournament button is pretty thick.

#2 4 years ago

Do international game still have the tournament button installed at stern? You could copy whatever they’ve done. My GoT had it from the factory, but that’s spike 1.

#3 4 years ago

Picture of Aerosmith Spike 2. And Mustang Sam system
My GoT LE didn't have a tournament button. I added one to game but new code doesn't retain setting for tournament after game is turned off.

20191027_123812 (resized).jpg20191027_123812 (resized).jpg20191027_123818 (resized).jpg20191027_123818 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What are people using for a Tournament Button for Spike System 2 games? The SAM and Spike 1 machines have a square inlay cut out on the cab. The button fits nicely and is tucked away. Spike 2 games like Deadpool have a round cut out but no countersunk hole. Is Stern expecting us to mount that thick ass Square button and have it protrude out of the cab like the Start button? I mean the new round Start button doesn't look obnoxious as its low profile where the Tournament button is pretty thick.

I bought this from Happ, but don't have a good way to print a tourney graphic.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/arcade_game_parts/77-0000-255LITj

Was hoping to print a 60's style bat symbol since it is going in my BM66 tourney button area.

#5 4 years ago

That button looks terrible, it sticks out too much. We need a low profile button since hold its not countersunk.

#6 4 years ago

It cost more to counter sink hole than to just drill a hole. Part of Stern cutting corner to reduce cost and boost profits IMO.

#7 4 years ago

Does anyone know if its possible to mod a start button and change the inlay so it says tournament? For instance, you can buy another round start button at PBL.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0094-00

The thickness of the tournament button looks so bad on a cab without the countersink. Shame on Stern

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

That button looks terrible, it sticks out too much. We need a low profile button since hold its not countersunk.

OMG. Who would have a button that sticks out like that?
84341C79-EC8D-45E9-BFB8-70D418E4511D (resized).png84341C79-EC8D-45E9-BFB8-70D418E4511D (resized).png

#9 4 years ago

You have a start button that’s low profile and then a comp button underneath that’s sticking out . It looks like crap.

#10 4 years ago

Is the start button hole the same size as the tourney button hole on these newer cabinets? If so....I would think the suggestion of relabeling a start button would be the way to go. As long as it's not then getting into the legs room. It looks like it might be close.

If nothing else it looks like Stern would look into redoing the official tourney buttons.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I bought this from Happ, but don't have a good way to print a tourney graphic.
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/arcade_game_parts/77-0000-255LITj
Was hoping to print a 60's style bat symbol since it is going in my BM66 tourney button area.

SUZOHAPP Glass Cleaner?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

SUZOHAPP Glass Cleaner?

That's weird. I linked to a button. Lemme try this again.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/arcade_game_parts/77-0000-255LIT

#13 4 years ago

I dont think that will work. The button bezel is deep on that Happ, you need a low profile one like the start button. See the pic. Start button has a thin lip and its tapered. The square tournament button has a thick bezel like the happ you recommended.

The hole for the comp button on the cab is smaller than the start button so if you wanted to put another start button you would have to drilled a larger hole to acommidate, it would clear the leg but it would be close. It wont look good. Also, I am not sure how you swap out the lettering on that button.

We need a small button with a thin tapered lip.

button (resized).jpgbutton (resized).jpg

#14 4 years ago

Ok, so the Pinball Life guys told me you can go with this button:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10696

The only challenge is, you'd have to take it apart and scratch out the legend and print the tournament graphics on translucent paper. Not sure if anyone on the forums have ever done that?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Ok, so the Pinball Life guys told me you can go with this button:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10696
The only challenge is, you'd have to take it apart and scratch out the legend and print the tournament graphics on translucent paper. Not sure if anyone on the forums have ever done that?

So are you gonna try it?

#16 4 years ago

I am traveling on business right now. I may look into the happ button that was posted . I’ll call happ when I get back to get more info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-tournament-button-spike-system-2?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.