You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200408_133813 (resized).jpg
20200325_135452 (resized).jpg
20200325_142602 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Just installed my Black Knight topper, The head does absolutely nothing out of the box, just like my Star wars topper. The motors just seem to be completely dead. The star wars topper literally lasted 3 days before it died. The black knight dead on arrival. Anyone else experiencing these issues? I've checked for any obvious loses connections but I came up empty.

20200325_135452 (resized).jpg20200325_135452 (resized).jpg20200325_142602 (resized).jpg20200325_142602 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

This is the first one I've heard of that arrived DOA. Others have posted videos in the owners thread. Mine was supposed to be here two weeks ago but with all of this who knows when I'll get it.

1 week later
#3 3 years ago

My Star Wars topper also does not move/rotate. I have lights/power and it updated the node board properly -- just no motor function. And this is right out of the box -- it never worked.

A phone call is in order, I think...

#4 3 years ago

Just got my repaired R2D2 topper back after the motor on it didn’t work out of the box
Played a couple of games worked well (though very noisy), went to play it again an hour ago and motor is stuffed again!
This topper is the worst POS ever
Also the finishing on it is amateurish at best
The stickers are placed on crooked with frayed ends
After waiting ages to receive it and finally getting this thing, for $1200 AUD ...OMG
Avoid this topper people!

#5 3 years ago

$1200 for just the topper itself??

#7 3 years ago

$1200 for that topper????? I’m in the wrong business lol

#8 3 years ago

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues.

Stern talked about the Star Wars topper for over 2 years and when it was finally released there were mechanical issues and a poor quality paint job for $750. It seems like Stern's most reliable products are those that don't move (sad considering the price of these items). It's no wonder why Star Wars pro's and Ghostbusters toppers never break...

#9 3 years ago

I had issues with my Star Wars topper, but all works fine now. It wasn’t a parts or even design flaw imo, but careless assembly that is causing these problems.

And I’m pretty sure the 1200 is aud not usd

Is it worth 750? No. Definitely overpriced. Not sure how much of that, if any, is licensing but 500 would’ve been much more reasonable

#10 3 years ago

Still though, I'm glad I bought my toppers when I did. Sheesh!!

John

#11 3 years ago

I just received my topper today. Everything works perfect. One minor flaw on one plastic.

20200408_133813 (resized).jpg20200408_133813 (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago

My Munsters Topper is finally coming from CoinTaker ( ordered November 5th)
Munsters was put back due to SW & BK toppers.

I hope it works!
My SW topper is working well - R2 is doing everything he should... for how long... I don’t know tho.

#13 3 years ago

My KISS topper arrived with a few LEDS out. Replacement from Stern has been fine for a year.

#14 3 years ago

Occasionally even the best manufacturers have a flaw. Or even a tested and working product can develop a problem in shipping. Which is why there is a Manufacturers warranty to cover defects. Just call your distributor or Stern to get the issue resolved.

#15 3 years ago

No issues with my GB Topper

Installed almost a year now

The biggest draw back was lack of it working due to the code but now is nicely integrated - a must for GB

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
11,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 26.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-topper-quality-?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.