• 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top 100 (resized).PNG
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lots of great pins and nice to see people love games like SW or GotG and Beatles.
Don’t think I’ve seen anyone vote for Munsters.

True story; my 11 year old daughter and I played a single game on Munsters premium. She is not a super regular pinball player, and even she made it to Munster Madness on her first game (not sure if it was ball 2 or 3). We were both sort of over it and wanted to move on to another game (my balls were seeming too long as well... possibly too much time spent on the lower playfield?).

I know "Munster Madness" is not necessarily the point of the game, but how casual and shallow is this game? I have tried to give it multiple chances, it just so far is always the least interesting game in whatever lineup it is in...

#52 4 years ago

For as much as people complain about the Top-100, most of these informal polls seem to produce similar results. As of today the Top-100 would have Iron Maiden, Metallica, Batman 66, Star Trek, and Black Knight. With the Top-100 you just have to pretty much ignore ratings until the honeymoon phase passes. I'm going to assume that Black Knight is still in it's honeymoon phase, so likely Deadpool would get bumped into that final spot.

Top 100 (resized).PNGTop 100 (resized).PNG

#53 4 years ago

TWD
SW
Maiden
BKSOR
even though I haven't played it JP2

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

True story; my 11 year old daughter and I played a single game on Munsters premium. She is not a super regular pinball player, and even she made it to Munster Madness on her first game (not sure if it was ball 2 or 3). We were both sort of over it and wanted to move on to another game (my balls were seeming too long as well... possibly too much time spent on the lower playfield?).
I know "Munster Madness" is not necessarily the point of the game, but how casual and shallow is this game? I have tried to give it multiple chances, it just so far is always the least interesting game in whatever lineup it is in...

Something about that game just doesn’t do it for me not the rules or the layout. I usually love Borg games own Tron, IM, Metallica and TWD and owned XMLE. Hopefully he has a home run pin next as I didn’t really love Gotg that much either.

#55 4 years ago

Metallica - One of their best ever. This is a great freaking game. It is a freaking chameleon. Are you in the mood to bash? Bash. Are you in the mood to light lanes and rack up points with good shots? Do that. Do you want the pressure of CIU? Go for it, and don't forget to double it on your way out. So may ways to play it, and just a great package overall.

Aerosmith - It doesn't get the love, but this is my most played game. It is a great relaxing game, and it is fun to play well on it. Not too punishing, and lots of stuff I like in pinball. And yes, I still giggle at balls being shot into the toybox. Just a fun little gimmick. If you ignored this game, play it again with an open mind. Fun times.

Star Trek - Smooth and calculating. This game shoots well, and is enjoyable. It really draws you in to the theme. Caveat... I have the movie soundtrack on mine combined with the original games Vengeance music. It's a great combination, and integrates the theme a bit better than the Stern music on it.

Mustang - Again proving I judge games with an open mind... Mustang is a blast. Does the game have technical defects? Maybe, but really it is a shootout of a game. That wide flipper gap keeps you on your toes, and control is tougher like that. You have to move the ball, and multiballs tend to go quickly. With a different theme, the game would be a winner.

Jurassic Park - I've only got about 5 games on it, so I'm putting it in my 5th slot. This game is pretty damn good. The shots are new and interesting. That is the secret to a good game. It is the reason you want to go deeper into the rules. For what is there so far, this game is going to be a winner. I'm impressed with Keith's second game. I found it more fun than the others in the list.

#56 4 years ago

TWD
Star Trek
Iron Maiden
The Beatles
Black Knight

#57 4 years ago

1. Iron Maiden
2. Deadpool
3. Game Of Thrones (I prefer the Pro over the Premium)
4. KISS
5. Star Trek

#58 4 years ago

Star trek
Metallica
Walking dead
Game of thrones
Dead pool

#59 4 years ago

In Alphabetical Order:

Beatles
BM66
Deadpool
Iron Maiden
Metallica

#60 4 years ago

metallica
spider-man
iron maiden
deadpool

best earners by far

real turd bottom of list earners?
beatles
Guardians

Honorable mention?

Ghostbusters, for frying node boards like it’s 4th of july every day!

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lots of great pins and nice to see people love games like SW or GotG and Beatles.

Well, Dwight said it was good enough. So there’s that.

#62 4 years ago

WWE
GHOSTBUSTERS
BATMAN 66
KISS
JURASSIC PARK

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Meanwhile, back in post 30 of this thread:

Quoted from attitude05:

Metallica Deadpool Star Trek Munsters Beatles

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Must have been set up way too easy. On location it most likely had ball save on. I’ve seen location Munsters with ball save, 5 balls and easy outlanes. No fun at all. Game was intended to be like a 90’s game.

I’m an ok player and on my setup at home I’m lucky to get to MM every 5th game or so. But I’m not only trying to get to MM it’s not the point of the game.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Funny, haven’t seen Kiss, Mustang, Spiderman or Aerosmith much either - all good games.

#66 4 years ago

DP
IM
MET
GOTG
SW

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

You and your 11 year old daughter must be fantastic players! My wife and I have put 350 games on our MUNLE and have only got to Munster Madness Level 1 a few times. Game for us rocks and we love it. We also really like GB, TWD and BM66. As I remember these games all got bad reviews at the start as well.

#68 4 years ago

Looking at that list, Stern has been pretty lame since 2013. But...

1. Deadpool
2. Spider-Man VE (Mostly because SM 2007 remains so great)
3. Black Knight: Sword of Rage
4. Munsters
5. Metallica

As for the Beatles, it's only better than Striker Extreme (barely).

#69 4 years ago

This is honestly my favorite era of pinball, by far. Some will think I'm crazy, but I truly enjoy every game on that list (except Ghostbusters, and even that isn't terrible). I have a hard time narrowing it down to five, but if I had to...

Black Knight:SOR
Deadpool
Game of Thrones
Star Wars
Spiderman vault (if it counts...if not probably Batman '66)

Such a tough call though...especially leaving off Metallica and Walking Dead, which I admit are probably better games than most on my list, I just do not personally enjoy them quite as much. And my runner up would be Mustang. Or Guardians. Damn this is hard...LOL!

#70 4 years ago

DP
SW
BM66
Met
JP2 (I am hoping)

#72 4 years ago

DP
BM66
BK:SoR
IMDN
Tie: TWD/Munsters

....have a feeling JP2 is taking one of those top spots, if not THE top spot....

#73 4 years ago
#74 4 years ago

I know.....it felt a bit weird typing it, but I had to be subjectively honest......stellar graphic design + fun factor = Munsters gets in on my 5....

#75 4 years ago

Top 5 IMO.

TSPP
LOTR
Black SM
TRON
STLE
MeTLE
TWDLE

Ok that’s 7, but their best

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Top 5 IMO.
TSPP
LOTR
Black SM
TRON
STLE
MeTLE
TWDLE
Ok that’s 7, but their best

No worries about the 7, only 3 are from the time period listed.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No worries about the 7, only 3 are from the time period listed.

Yup

#78 4 years ago

In order:

1. MET
2. TWD
3. IMDN
4. DP
5. GOT

#79 4 years ago

Nice to see some love for XMen.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Nice to see some love for XMen.

I would've put XMen Magneto 5th, but isn't it a 2012 release?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

In order:
1. MET
2. TWD
3. IMDN
4. DP
5. GOT

Im not mad at this list...

It is tough to list them in order for me.

I like the game play on IMDN, but the theme knocks it down for me. If this went back to 2012...I would put ac/dc up there.

Why only back to 2013?

#82 4 years ago

Iron Maiden
Metallica
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Deadpool

#83 4 years ago

Game Of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Metallica
Star Wars
JP2/IM

#84 4 years ago

IMDN
GB (with an expectation that new code will lift it to a new level)
DP
Met
AS

Would love to play JP2 to test all this

4 months later
#85 4 years ago

And Star Trek

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-top-5-games-since-2013-gtgtgt/page/2?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.