Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12592726_10207029057357836_6204638700170360538_n (resized).jpg
    7015CAD4-DC8D-4585-B3DD-B9CB84D6740B (resized).jpeg
    Translite frames (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190114-165134_Chrome (resized).jpg
    234guide (resized).png
    7 (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    897DA392-A97A-44E2-8042-84D6BD3AE9DB (resized).jpeg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Better late than never?

Late yes, better? Not sure yet we got what we ordered, in my case, the larger size frame for pre-LCD translites. Time will tell...

#52 5 years ago

Today's update email: (That answers the translite size issue, the pre-LCD translites will fit it as ordered)

Good Afternoon

Great news! The shipment of frames arrived on our dock today! We are unpacking the shipment and testing the power. I opened two of the units and they are identical to the previous units! We will be getting these out with UPS early next week. We will make sure to send tracking to everyone. I also took a snapshot with my phone of one. Of course with the greatest translite of all time…..Wheel of Fortune!!!!! Thank you again for your patience and support.

Have a great weekend!

Mark Sullivan

Translite frames (resized).jpgTranslite frames (resized).jpg
    #53 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Email from Mark Sullivan yesterday, sent to all of us:
    Greetings to our Stern customers and supporters,
    First, our apologies for the lack of communication on your translite frame orders. I now have all the order information for each customer and will be sending updates. The frames arrived in Chicago customs last week and we are just waiting on the truck to drop them off at our dock (we are in the suburban Chicago area). I will send the shipping updates when the orders are ready to ship. I will also be including a gift along with your order for the inconvenience. Again, our sincerest apologies!
    Thank you for your support of Stern!!

I never received that email.

#54 5 years ago

Today's update email: (That answers the translite size issue, the pre-LCD translites will fit it as ordered)
    Good Afternoon
    Great news! The shipment of frames arrived on our dock today! We are unpacking the shipment and testing the power. I opened two of the units and they are identical to the previous units! We will be getting these out with UPS early next week. We will make sure to send tracking to everyone. I also took a snapshot with my phone of one. Of course with the greatest translite of all time…..Wheel of Fortune!!!!! Thank you again for your patience and support.
    Have a great weekend!
    Mark Sullivan[quoted image]

Didnt get this either. Seriously WTF

#55 5 years ago

Good Afternoon
    Have a great weekend!
    Mark Sullivan[quoted image]

That's the greatest translite of all time?

I hope that you guys finally get your stuff!!

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Didnt get this either. Seriously WTF

I started this thread to broadcast any updates, I hope it is helping.

#57 5 years ago

I started this thread to broadcast any updates, I hope it is helping.

Got the updated emails that night. Got the one that matters today.

#58 5 years ago

Today's update email:

Good Afternoon

The translite frames are on the way! All of the open orders went in our UPS shipment today. Tracking information should be forwarded via UPS Worldship. If you do not get a tracking notification by end of day Tuesday (the 22nd). Please let me know and I will provide it for you.

Thank you again…….

Mark Sullivan

#59 5 years ago

Not that I am trying to make excuses for bad customer service, but I had problems getting stuff through ports in Canada to Chicago/Detroit starting last September. Month long delays in a bonded container yard with no hope of even bribing a teamster to get my container pulled to go to customs. I almost had a multi-million dollar claim as a result.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from newbieinKC:

Not that I am trying to make excuses for bad customer service, but I had problems getting stuff through ports in Canada to Chicago/Detroit starting last September. Month long delays in a bonded container yard with no hope of even bribing a teamster to get my container pulled to go to customs. I almost had a multi-million dollar claim as a result.

If you're not using Central Transport for your International shipments, you could suffer unnecessary delays.....

#61 5 years ago

There in lies the problem...people blindly relying, trusting Stern to do the correct thing all in the face of reality which shows they don't give a rats ass about you as a customer. From tees to pinball machines they simply put out Shit!!, and we continue to encourage (reward) their behavior by purchasing either new pins or non-existing products. Then bitch when we're screwed...……….fu*#^! joke! Guys I'm not anti-stern but damn how much is too much, every other thread has something posted in it about Stern screwing a fellow pinhead; I just get very frustrated is all, sorry for the rant, I'm done.

#62 5 years ago

I don't even see that frame anywhere on their site.

#63 5 years ago

Glad to hear you guys are finally getting those frames, I'm glad I got my money back months ago, but even then it was 4 plus months with no communication. My suggestion to Stern: quit outsourcing your merchandise store, as the lack of communication between them and you is hurting your reputation with your customers.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I don't even see that frame anywhere on their site.

They pulled it off their site months ago when people starting complaining about where the frames were. It was $99 which was super cheap, especially for them, so I think it they start selling them again the price is going to go up.

#65 5 years ago

Got mine today!

7015CAD4-DC8D-4585-B3DD-B9CB84D6740B (resized).jpeg7015CAD4-DC8D-4585-B3DD-B9CB84D6740B (resized).jpeg
    #66 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Got mine today!
    [quoted image]

Looks familiar. I like your ladies better though. At least I have my Divas.

Congratulations to everyone that is finally getting these after a long wait. It's a really nice product.

12592726_10207029057357836_6204638700170360538_n (resized).jpg12592726_10207029057357836_6204638700170360538_n (resized).jpg

#67 5 years ago

Those look great. I would prefer a black frame, but you can't go wrong for the price. Hopefully, they will continue to sell them for $100 a piece.

#68 5 years ago

Where are you all ordering these?

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Where are you all ordering these?

Stern sometime in June or July.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Stern sometime in June or July.

Thanks. So they only had them for a short time, as I don't see them there now.
    Hope they sale them again soon.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Thanks. So they only had them for a short time, as I don't see them there now.
    Hope they sale them again soon.

They had some kind of problem with the supplier and had to change. They were not on the website long.

#72 5 years ago

Email from Mark Sullivan yesterday, sent to all of us:
    Greetings to our Stern customers and supporters,
    First, our apologies for the lack of communication on your translite frame orders. I now have all the order information for each customer and will be sending updates. The frames arrived in Chicago customs last week and we are just waiting on the truck to drop them off at our dock (we are in the suburban Chicago area). I will send the shipping updates when the orders are ready to ship. I will also be including a gift along with your order for the inconvenience. Again, our sincerest apologies!

I see people are finally getting their frames now. What did you guys end up getting as a gift?

"I will also be including a gift along with your order for the inconvenience."

#73 5 years ago
    #74 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I see people are finally getting their frames now. What did you guys end up getting as a gift?
    "I will also be including a gift along with your order for the inconvenience."

I received the 3 frames yesterday, unpacked one so far. My observations: It seems to be as advertised, a nice product worth what we paid for it and fits the pre-LCD size translites as ordered at the time. The snap frame, which has 4 separate snapping sides like any other snap frame, has very sharp edges where they were corner machined. I filed these down using a model railroad track sand block. The gifts were a stern drawstring bag and an Iron Maiden comic book I guess that came with the pin purchases. One gift, bag plus comic, for every frame ordered.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

....and sold out!

LCD Version is in stock DMD version out of stock.

#77 5 years ago

I have dealt with Dorothy, she was pleasant and professional to work with on a mixup order for me also.

#78 5 years ago

I received the 3 frames yesterday, unpacked one so far. My observations: It seems to be as advertised, a nice product worth what we paid for it and fits the pre-LCD size translites as ordered at the time.

Time to change the title of the thread.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Time to change the title of the thread.

Agreed. Wasn't sure how to do it so I marked the thread as resolved when I got the frames. On second look now I found how to edit it. Done. I would recommend the frames, just be careful about the sharp snap frame segment machined edges and if concerned you can file the edges using what I did: (can get them with free shipping on eBay)

https://www.walthers.com/bright-boy-abrasive-track-cleaner-standard-grit

#80 5 years ago

Last update. I unboxed the remaining 2 frames and both boxes had impact damage, the frames did as well. Each of them had a divot (compressed area 1 in by 1/8 in or so) on the back side. I think it'll be fine, maybe the nano wires got deformed a little bit. The packaging should be better.

My main reason to post here is that I was able to, in addition to GB and Transformers, mount Indiana Jones TPA translite without modification. It overspills the fitted area side to side and is less high than a Stern translite, but I left the protective film on the translite to prevent the frame from cutting into it. All in all, I was surprised that I did not have to trim the WPC translite. (The last "E" in "Adventure" is under the snap frame not visible, so it's not perfect). Anyway, good News!

#81 5 years ago

I received the 3 frames yesterday, unpacked one so far. My observations: It seems to be as advertised, a nice product worth what we paid for it and fits the pre-LCD size translites as ordered at the time. The snap frame, which has 4 separate snapping sides like any other snap frame, has very sharp edges where they were corner machined. I filed these down using a model railroad track sand block. The gifts were a stern drawstring bag and an Iron Maiden comic book I guess that came with the pin purchases. One gift, bag plus comic, for every frame ordered.

Yep that is what I got as well.

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago

I tried to order a few things from Stern's website and received a bunch of errors. When I tried contacting them via email and Facebook messenger I received zero responses. I followed up at least four times and still no answer. It's now been over a week and half. Do they not want money? I have to say their lack of communication was infuriating, I cant even imagine what its like trying to contact them about something more serious.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I tried to order a few things from Stern's website and received a bunch of errors. When I tried contacting them via email and Facebook messenger I received zero responses. I followed up at least four times and still no answer. It's now been over a week and half. Do they not want money? I have to say their lack of communication was infuriating, I cant even imagine what its like trying to contact them about something more serious.

Call the Sullivan Group number on the website when you get any errors. I've had to do that in the past when getting an error using a store credit and they were really helpful and put the order through right away for me.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Call the Sullivan Group number on the website when you get any errors. I've had to do that in the past when getting an error using a store credit and they were really helpful and put the order through right away for me.

Thanks for the info! What I wanted is now out of stock unfortunately. Just a little upset that they didn't even respond even a week later. A simple apology would have been nice.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Les I saw your frame photo in the other thread. How did you mount it with no cable showing like that? Also, does the electrical cable come out of the side of your frame? Ours comes out the back.

#86 5 years ago

Les I saw your frame photo in the other thread. How did you mount it with no cable showing like that? Also, does the electrical cable come out of the side of your frame? Ours comes out the back.

Mine comes out the side I believe. The wall it is mounted on is open on the backside, so I just ran the cord through the wall and plugged it in on the back side of the wall where you can't see it.

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-took-my-33350-on-august-21st-and-ran-away-with-it-beware/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.