Classic Stern - Drops 2 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPG
Classic Stern - Drops 1 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPG
Classic Stern - Drops 3 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).jpeg
AF5761F2-FBB7-42BC-AAC9-5F160D4FAEBB (resized).jpeg
AA8F6221-32D2-41B0-B96E-1263B54AEC78 (resized).jpeg
89AE27EC-088A-4802-A413-8E29B5CDB32A.jpeg
1e9a79ea5f3f432c0e8e7c924d546cc49cbe8a1c.jpg

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago

Installed V3s in my Lightning's center 3-bank so far (waiting for new decal set too). That's the horrible bricker bank in this game, the ball just murders it.

It's fixed, I can't make these targets brick. Amazing. It's actually weird to see these center drop targets go down *every* time I hit them.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Installed V3s in my Lightning's center 3-bank so far (waiting for new decal set too). That's the horrible bricker bank in this game, the ball just murders it.
It's fixed, I can't make these targets brick. Amazing. It's actually weird to see these center drop targets go down *every* time I hit them.

that is awesome to hear and stoked for you to enjoy the game in it's original and proper state - enjoy and thanks heaps for sharing.

#153 1 year ago

I got my order awhile back and the targets are perfect.
I just got them all decaled and installed.
Thank you Jady for making these available!

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I got my order awhile back and the targets are perfect.
I just got them all decaled and installed.
Thank you Jady for making these available!

great to hear, enjoy

4 weeks later
#156 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

PM sent for a set for my Meteor. Thanks!

thanks for the support, will send tomorrow.

#157 1 year ago

For others still considering these I just got more v3's (replica's) yesterday.

In Stock
65 x v3's
11 x v4's

cheers

Jady

#158 1 year ago

Update - 23-10-22

Stock

45 x v3's
0 x v4's

I will order more v4's shortly

thanks for the ongoing support - very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jady

#159 1 year ago

We have the V4’s at the arcade and used them all weekend at YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Park Expo. They are excellent, have them installed in Stars and Trident with zero issues to date.

#160 1 year ago

I need drop targets for a 1978 Stern Stars. Any help would be appreciated.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I need drop targets for a 1978 Stern Stars. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the drop targets, just send a pm if you want any

#162 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for V4’s.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Please add me to the list for V4’s.

no worries, am ordering another batch of v4's soon.

2 weeks later
#164 1 year ago

A small update on these targets:
I have the following stock
v3's x 33
v4's x 0

Due to pinball pricing ever increasing and my mod sales slowing down alot, I just can't afford to have stock of 75-100 of each target type sitting in stock at all times hoping for sales.

I will now change it to:
- take names and quantities that they desire
- when I hit 50 targets on order from people of a particular version out of the 75 target minimum order I will place the order
- then I will send out your targets 2 weeks later after ordering.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want any targets send me a PM with name, address and quantity and once I get 50 I will order 75 of that target type. I do ask that please stay committed to those targets ordered as I don't want to be lumped with alot of stock.

regards

Jady

#165 1 year ago

I just want to comment that I put these in my stars on the right drop bank and kept the originals on the left and no one could tell which is which after several hundred plays at a show.

Much Much better than the bricking repros I had in there

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I just want to comment that I put these in my stars on the right drop bank and kept the originals on the left and no one could tell which is which after several hundred plays at a show.
Much Much better than the bricking repros I had in there

that is great to hear and a great test to copare original to these reproductions

thanks heaps for the feedback.

#167 1 year ago

I still am working on my 'Stars' cabinet but should start the playfield soon... Can't wait! Thanks again

#168 1 year ago

Anyone using these in a heavy use setting? How are they holding up?

#169 1 year ago

I have the V4's setup on our Stars at the arcade. I am sure the game has had over 2,500 plays on them since install from YEGPIN show and at the arcade since. I don't have a counter to tell but we go through a ton of plays as our facility is free play. The drop targets have held up perfectly and glad I spent the money on them as they play good and are very durable. In a home setting you may never have to change them out again.

Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Anyone using these in a heavy use setting? How are they holding up?

#170 1 year ago

Got the V3s installed the other day. They are working perfect--no bricking, they drop everytime, and all the targets fully reset and latch without fail.

Very happy with them!
20221107_130001 (resized).jpg20221107_130001 (resized).jpg

#171 1 year ago

My Meteor luckily still has all of its original targets and they work like a charm.

But I'm interested in picking up a set of these to future proof my game.

For those of you who have replaced your drops, how difficult of a job is it? I've never needed to dig into the drop target assembly for older Sterns and it seems like it could be a finnicky mech to deal with.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from anathematize:

My Meteor luckily still has all of its original targets and they work like a charm.
But I'm interested in picking up a set of these to future proof my game.
For those of you who have replaced your drops, how difficult of a job is it? I've never needed to dig into the drop target assembly for older Sterns and it seems like it could be a finnicky mech to deal with.

I wouldn't call it difficult per se, but it is fairly time-consuming. Lots of steps to disassemble and reassemble the mechanism. Since the drops are game controllable, there are a number I extra bits compared to a standard drop target mech.

But that being said, I didn't find it too hard to do, and I made the target swap with most of mech still attached to pf.

I suppose it depends quite a bit on how comfortable you are with pinball repair and maintenance in general.

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I suppose it depends quite a bit on how comfortable you are with pinball repair and maintenance in general.

I'm about a 3/10 in terms of pinball specific stuff. But usually have no issues disassembling and re-assembling mechanical things. Also have some friends up here who are much more skilled than I am.

Luckily the current drops are in amazing shape and work really well. So maybe its just a case of "don't fix what isn't broken"

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I have the V4's setup on our Stars at the arcade. I am sure the game has had over 2,500 plays on them since install from YEGPIN show and at the arcade since. I don't have a counter to tell but we go through a ton of plays as our facility is free play. The drop targets have held up perfectly and glad I spent the money on them as they play good and are very durable. In a home setting you may never have to change them out again.

wow, alot of games and performing well - music to my ears - thanks for the update

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Got the V3s installed the other day. They are working perfect--no bricking, they drop everytime, and all the targets fully reset and latch without fail.
Very happy with them!
[quoted image]

looking good and great to hear they are performing well, enjoy

Thanks for the support guys

4 weeks later
#175 1 year ago

Update - 10-12-22

I have the following in stock
- 10 x v3's (replica's)
- 57 x v4's (replica's with the back filled in)

I ended up ordering 75 x v4's as a few said they definitely wanted them, to then pull out

Send me a pm if you want any as might make it before Christmas.

Thanks for the support this year and have a great Christmas

cheers

Jady

1 month later
#176 1 year ago

@Jady

Do you have any V3 targets available? I need a bunch, as I have 6 classic Sterns

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from ita47:

@Jady
Do you have any V3 targets available? I need a bunch, as I have 6 classic Sterns

Hey @ita47
I have the following in stock:
- 10 x v3's
- 58 x v4's

v4's just have the back of the target face fully filled in, from the players perspective you would not know which is which. v3 is on the left and v4 on the right.

I won't be getting more v3's unless someone orders a larger order and pays in advance as like to to clear what I have in stock preferrably.

cheers

Jady

Classic Stern - Drops 1 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPGClassic Stern - Drops 1 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPGClassic Stern - Drops 2 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPGClassic Stern - Drops 2 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPGClassic Stern - Drops 3 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPGClassic Stern - Drops 3 - v3 and v4 (resized).JPG

#178 1 year ago

I would like 8 v4 target shipping to montreal... does this work with Flight 2000?

2 weeks later
#179 1 year ago

Just ordered 75 - v3 drop targets from Jady, enough to do all my classic Sterns as well as two of my dad's. Jady's communication has been top notch so far. I'm really looking forward to no more bricked shots! Now to buy or make all the target faces.

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from ita47:

Just ordered 75 - v3 drop targets from Jady, enough to do all my classic Sterns as well as two of my dad's. Jady's communication has been top notch so far. I'm really looking forward to no more bricked shots! Now to buy or make all the target faces.

thanks for your support Aaron - will order the bulk batch for you over the next day and keep you updated.
Jady

#181 1 year ago

Just broke the original "o" target in my Meteor. I'll take 6 of the v4's if you have them in stock?

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Just broke the original "o" target in my Meteor. I'll take 6 of the v4's if you have them in stock?

will send you a pm, yes have them in stock.

#183 1 year ago

a pinsider updated me with a photo and positive feedback re his drop targets in his unique Stars game

1e9a79ea5f3f432c0e8e7c924d546cc49cbe8a1c.jpg1e9a79ea5f3f432c0e8e7c924d546cc49cbe8a1c.jpg
#184 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:pinsider updated me with a photo and positive feedback re his drop targets in his unique Stars game

You beat me to it!

I can’t overstate how nice these drops are. I just finished the playfield swap this weekend and the difference from the commonly available aftermarket drops that were in the game is night and day. ZERO bricking, and the drops want to drop more of the time - more double hits and sweeping than I ever got before.

Big ups to Mike at Beehive pinball for doing such a nice job with making playfields, and REAL big ups to Jady for filling a serious void. These things are well worth the investment. I will definitely be putting them in my other machines and in any future classic stern restoration jobs.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

You beat me to it!
I can’t overstate how nice these drops are. I just finished the playfield swap this weekend and the difference from the commonly available aftermarket drops that were in the game is night and day. ZERO bricking, and the drops want to drop more of the time - more double hits and sweeping than I ever got before.
Big ups to Mike at Beehive pinball for doing such a nice job with making playfields, and REAL big ups to Jady for filling a serious void. These things are well worth the investment. I will definitely be putting them in my other machines and in any future classic stern restoration jobs.

sorry, yes thanks for supporting - very much appreciated

and huge props toMike for the Stern Stars Beehive version - looks original and looks so awesome, enjoy

2 weeks later
#186 1 year ago

Got my cheetah and we put the swinks tombstones everywhere in it. Very happy with them. I do have a few drop targets that fall upon reset though. My first thought is stronger springs, as the ones in there are very weak right now.

Thoughts?

89AE27EC-088A-4802-A413-8E29B5CDB32A.jpeg89AE27EC-088A-4802-A413-8E29B5CDB32A.jpeg
2 weeks later
#187 12 months ago

I got my drop targets from Jady today! Very pleased, can’t wait to try them.

AA8F6221-32D2-41B0-B96E-1263B54AEC78 (resized).jpegAA8F6221-32D2-41B0-B96E-1263B54AEC78 (resized).jpeg
#188 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do have a few drop targets that fall upon reset though. My first thought is stronger springs, as the ones in there are very weak right now.

There’s nothing wrong with the springs, leave them alone.

The problem with the Stern drop banks is that, despite it seeming intuitively obvious to tighten the mechanism with everything at rest, you really need to tighten those cap screws when the targets are *up*, and past the shelf where they rest when reset. The targets need to clear that metal lip by a healthy margin - when you get dropped targets upon reset, it’s because the targets aren’t getting pushed up quite high enough to click into place. It’s especially cumbersome to adjust because you have to tighten the cap screws on both sides and get them to “agree.”

I posted about this in the Meteor thread about a year ago, I’ll see if I can find the pics and put a link in here…

#190 12 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

There’s nothing wrong with the springs, leave them alone.
The problem with the Stern drop banks is that, despite it seeming intuitively obvious to tighten the mechanism with everything at rest, you really need to tighten those cap screws when the targets are *up*, and past the shelf where they rest when reset. The targets need to clear that metal lip by a healthy margin - when you get dropped targets upon reset, it’s because the targets aren’t getting pushed up quite high enough to click into place. It’s especially cumbersome to adjust because you have to tighten the cap screws on both sides and get them to “agree.”
I posted about this in the Meteor thread about a year ago, I’ll see if I can find the pics and put a link in here…

Yep. Those set screws on the reset bar needed loosened and the reset bar adjusted. All good now.

My last issue is the drown down coils do not drop any other drop but number 1. They click and actuate, but they don’t move enough it seems to drop the drop target. I wonder if I should got back to weaker springs for this issue.

#191 12 months ago

Drop targets are a pain we have same issues with Big Game, Meteor and Nine Ball... It is maddening to get them adjusted right to not auto drop on ball return.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Those set screws on the reset bar needed loosened and the reset bar adjusted. All good now.
My last issue is the drown down coils do not drop any other drop but number 1. They click and actuate, but they don’t move enough it seems to drop the drop target. I wonder if I should got back to weaker springs for this issue.

#192 12 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Drop targets are a pain we have same issues with Big Game, Meteor and Nine Ball... It is maddening to get them adjusted right to not auto drop on ball return.

All good on the auto drop. It’s the memory coils I have left. They are firing, but not strong enough to drop the target. Wondering if a weaker spring will help with that.

#193 12 months ago
Quoted from ita47:

I got my drop targets from Jady today! Very pleased, can’t wait to try them.
[quoted image]

great to hear, glad they arrived safe n sound, enjoy

#194 12 months ago

Stock Update - 22-3-23

Stock:
Classic Stern Tombstone Drops v3's x 9
Classic Stern Tombstone Drops v4's x 0

Have ordered and in stock in 3 weeks time:
Classic Stern Tombstone Drops v3's x 80
Classic Stern Tombstone Drops v4's x 80 - with 26 allocated to a Pinsider

cheers

Jady

#195 12 months ago

These are working great in my Cheetah! Time will tell on their longevity, but very happy so far.

#196 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These are working great in my Cheetah! Time will tell on their longevity, but very happy so far.

some people have let me know that they have had over 1000 games in sited locations and still looking good, which is great to hear.

2 weeks later
#197 11 months ago

Classic Stern Tombstone Drop Targets back in stock

Currently have:
- 89 x v3's
- 54 x v4's

with 26 leaving today for Roanoke Pinball Museum, VA

IMG_0283 (resized).jpegIMG_0283 (resized).jpeg
#198 11 months ago

Some slight bricking once in a blue moon on my 5 bank in cheetah. Nothing widespread at all though. Very happy with these.

4 weeks later
#199 10 months ago

Ordered 6 v4’s for my Stars machine and they arrived remarkably quick for coming from Australia to the US! And they are *fantastic* - I played many many games today, focusing on the drops, and got *zero* bricks. With the prior targets (which were the hooded ones) I was probably at 25% bricks. It dramatically improves the game - I was having a blast!

Thanks for the quick order fulfillment and the amazing drops!

#200 10 months ago

Requesting 12 V4’s

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monessen, PA
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
$ 169.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 125.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
$ 45.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-tombstone-drop-targets-13a-11-any-interest/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.