(Topic ID: 130099)

Stern to Make Batman v Superman Next Year?

By BackFlipper

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Kcbbq13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    iamlegend_batmansuperman.jpg
    Batman V Superman Movie.jpg
    Batman-Superman-movie-logo.jpg
    Stern Art.jpg
    Stern Marvel.png
    Stern ABC.jpg
    Stern Eggs.jpg
    Gary w Batmobile.jpg

#1 8 years ago

The evidence is starting to pile up in the Facebook posts. I realize there are probably 2 titles that will come before it, but I would actually love this title. I actually would not even mind if they went the "Transformers" route and split the playfield down the middle.

Here is some of the evidence from Facebook. I have been saving it all from Stern's Facebook for a year. This is the photo and caption they posted last night:

"This booth is very interesting. #SternPinball #LicensingExpo #WhatsNext"

Gary w Batmobile.jpgGary w Batmobile.jpg

These are photos I have saved for a year. The only one missing (It was deleted I think) is the one of Steve Ritchie holding a DVD of Man of Steel.

Stern Eggs.jpgStern Eggs.jpg
    Stern ABC.jpgStern ABC.jpg
    Stern Marvel.pngStern Marvel.png
    Stern Art.jpgStern Art.jpg

#2 8 years ago

This would be a KILLER backglass:

Batman-Superman-movie-logo.jpgBatman-Superman-movie-logo.jpg
    #3 8 years ago

I think your reaching a bit with your pictures. Since Batman/Superman are DC comics properties i'm not sure what a marvel picture has to do with it. Also the first superman movie wasn't a overwhelming success, so i think they would wait a bit and see how this movie does first. If it does well there are a ton more coming after so there is no rush.

#4 8 years ago

It's Batman v Superman

Its not a versus

The title is Dawn of Justice

Its the beginning of the Justice League franchise from DC.

#5 8 years ago

So what's the v for?

#6 8 years ago

Anyone ever notice the batman v superman easter egg in the movie I am legend? Was watching the movie this weekend and in one of the city shots there was the s over bat logo on a movie marquee.

#7 8 years ago

Here is the deal Batman V Superman isn't even a fight! Batman is just a dude with a utility belt... Superman could end him with one punch! What am I missing here?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is the deal Batman V Superman isn't even a fight! Batman is just a dude with a utility belt... Superman could end him with one punch! What am I missing here?

#9 8 years ago

Put me in for the LE..Will break the no code no buy pledge for that one..

#10 8 years ago

Well Christopher Reeve is no longer with us but I'm sure Adam West and Burt Ward would be up for it.
    What's that, . . .
    Oh, sorry, you meant a new movie.
    Never mind what I said.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Force951:

I think your reaching a bit with your pictures. Since Batman/Superman are DC comics properties i'm not sure what a marvel picture has to do with it. Also the first superman movie wasn't a overwhelming success, so i think they would wait a bit and see how this movie does first. If it does well there are a ton more coming after so there is no rush.

$290 million domestic.

Higher than either Captain America movie or either Thor movie.

Last two Batman movies averaged around 500 million domestic.

Throw Superman and Batman together? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

So what's the v for?

It's versus, but the studio toned it down a bit in the marketing with just the "v". WB said they didn't want to market it as a boxing match or something like that.

#13 8 years ago

A Steve Ritchie Batman v Superman game in 2016 with LCD would be my next purchase easy.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Force951:

Agreed. Marvel does not connect, but I did not want to exclude anything.

Quoted from gatordad:

It's Batman v Superman
    Its not a versus

Got it. Edited the title.

#15 8 years ago

Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Kind of like when my wife and I fight,
    Then.... We unite against the kids (who constantly are at war with us, and want to take over the house)

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Boy I wonder what could happen is this movie named "dawn of justice?"

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I'd gladly pay $12 to watch Superman beat the shit out of my DirecTV installer!

#18 8 years ago

The game NEEDS Wonder Woman featured prominently. My recent purchases have been WWELE, STLE, Metallica and KISS. And, I was thinking about building Hammer of the Godz. My game room desperately needs some beautiful women on the games.

Batman V Superman Movie.jpgBatman V Superman Movie.jpg
    #19 8 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

The game NEEDS Wonder Woman featured prominently. My recent purchases have been WWELE, STLE, Metallica and KISS. And, I was thinking about building Hammer of the Godz. My game room desperately needs some beautiful women on the games.

Batman V Superman Movie.jpg

Doesn't get much better than Gal Gadot!

#20 8 years ago

Still love the joke about Wonder Woman and the invisible man.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Still love the joke about Wonder Woman and the invisible man.

How does it go?

#22 8 years ago

I have seen enough of these superheros.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

It's Batman v Superman
    Its not a versus

It most certainly does stand for verses. Read up. He used "v" instead of "vs" because he didn't want people the think of "vs" in a limiting way. Batman and Superman's relationship evolves throughout the movie.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Anyone ever notice the batman v superman easter egg in the movie I am legend? Was watching the movie this weekend and in one of the city shots there was the s over bat logo on a movie marquee.

Warner Brothers was pushing hard for a Superman VS. Batman movie for the past 15 years - it was one of the pitches to reboot Batman and Superman before the Nolan/Bale Batman flicks.

#25 8 years ago

OP - Stern also did a Facebook post a long time ago with all the different versions of Superman .. They've been mentioning it on and off for quite some time, and always thought it meant they were going to do it. Guess we'll find out a bit later.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

I have seen enough of these superheros.

I haven't. Bring them on!

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

OP - Stern also did a Facebook post a long time ago with all the different versions of Superman .. They've been mentioning it on and off for quite some time, and always thought it meant they were going to do it. Guess we'll find out a bit later.

I think the license was nailed down already. The movie Release was delayed from the original date of July 2015, so the timelines changes. The licenses were already worked out on major product lines.

#28 8 years ago

So batman basically becomes Iron Man to fight Superman?

Quoted from robertmee:Anyone ever notice the batman v superman easter egg in the movie I am legend? Was watching the movie this weekend and in one of the city shots there was the s over bat logo on a movie marquee.

Here is the shot that robertmee is referring to from I am Legend.

iamlegend_batmansuperman.jpgiamlegend_batmansuperman.jpg

1 week later
    #29 8 years ago

Any comic book nerds here? Batman held his own in "The Dark Knight Returns."
    // Error: Image 419356 not found //

#30 8 years ago

Kryptonite...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-to-make-batman-vs-superman-next-year and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.