(Topic ID: 101301)

Stern to announce upcoming game this week !?! OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!!!

By movingpictures

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Stern announce their new game this week?”

• YES 36 votes
      20%
    • NO 91 votes
      51%
    • MAYBE SO 50 votes
      28%

(177 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cha-ching.gif
    told-ya.jpg
    image.jpg
    TWD.jpg
    image-945.jpg
    th-2-950.jpeg
    images.jpg
    Fingerboy.jpg
    Zombies 2.jpg
    Jawbreaker.jpg
    220px-Top_secret_ver1.jpg
    002_chevrolet_el_camino.jpg
    image.jpg
    tumblr_m392mnrr6C1qcq2vho1_500.gif
    There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

I hope it's TWD.. I have something pretty cool started and here's a sample..

The perspective on Fingerboy's outstretched arm is poor. Hand needs to be bigger to represent the pose you're going for. Also the hand itself could use a little anatomical help, even for a zombie.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Chocolate Mousse Multiball is going to kick so much ass! "Viva la France!"

Skeet Surfin' Multiball!

#53 9 years ago

For those certain of WD, I'm wondering if such a pin could be produced while Zen is making a licensed Walking Dead table (based on the show). Not that they wouldn't license both simultaneously, but it seems like current Zen tables (Star Wars, Captain America, GoTG, PvZ) are not being done as Stern tables, FWIW.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

For those certain of WD, I'm wondering if such a pin could be produced while Zen is making a licensed Walking Dead table (based on the show). Not that they wouldn't license both simultaneously, but it seems like current Zen tables (Star Wars, Captain America, GoTG, PvZ) are not being done as Stern tables, FWIW.

One has nothing to do with the other for multiple reasons.

The whole point of licenses is to get as many people to license a property as possible.

Zen makes video games. Stern makes pinball machines. The're different products with different development cycles and different customer demographics.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

Well my distributor here all but confirmed TWD is up next, so I would be extremely surprised if it's not.

When I talked to this same distributor, I pressed them on where this information comes from, and was told from the internet. They are not privy to anything from Stern before Stern is ready to announce it. So I'm betting money this is a Pinside rumor that won't die. I'm certain it is not TWD.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm betting money this is a Pinside rumor that won't die. I'm certain it is not TWD.

How much money are we betting then ?

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Zen is rolling out TWD this week, and that is another reason I think Stern is likely to announce this week or next.
    Some cross promotion would be good for business.
    I recall someone from Stern mentioning in an interview that eventually they would like to simultaneously release tables on Pinball Arcade while the physical machine is being produced.
    This would be a good cross-promotional strategy and would allow us to check out the game in digital form.
    A quicker, different kind of 'try before you buy'.

I wonder if this would lead to more impulse buys and higher sales?

Zen TWD releases:

Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 & Vita: August 26th (North America), August 27th (Europe)
    Zen Pinball 2 on Mac, August 27th
    Pinball FX2 for Steam, Xbox 360: August 27th
    Pinball FX2 for Xbox One: August 28th
    Zen Pinball 2 for Wii U: August 28th
    Zen Pinball for Android, iOS, & Amazon: August 28th

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

So I'm betting money this is a Pinside rumor that won't die. I'm certain it is not TWD.

How much money are we betting then ?

A wager must be made now.

#59 9 years ago

Led Zeppelin is coming

images.jpgimages.jpg

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

Led Zeppelin is coming

images.jpg 9 KB

That would be sweet.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Hand needs to be bigger

The hand is actually a separate file / piece that will be pushed forward for a 3D look.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

Led Zeppelin is coming

images.jpg 9 KB

How do you know?

#63 9 years ago

Its official the backstreet boys is the next music pin coming.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Its official the backstreet boys is the next music pin coming.

With douchebag multiball.

#65 9 years ago

I think it should be Dethklok.

th-2-950.jpegth-2-950.jpeg

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If I were a betting man I would put money on movingpictures. Just sayin'...

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With douchebag multiball.

BackStreets back? ALRIGHT!

#68 9 years ago

TWD would be hard to pass up if the art package and shot lay out locked good. Borg is up for the next one as well right? His are my favorite layouts...

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've got $20 down if a trusted 3rd party wants to run it. I'll paypal $20 to someone. That'll make things interesting.

This is the bet as I see it:

-I'm betting the next Stern is not TWD against whether it IS.
    -We are talking about the NEXT Stern announcement, we're not going to have a never ending bet.
    -If a new Stern is not announced in a reasonable time frame (60 days?) the bet expires.

and I'll throw this other stipulation in...

-A "Vault Edition" announcement does not count as a new Stern title. We are betting on a new title. Another VE might push the 60 days thing, but we can't wait forever.

PS: I'm also willing to be a gentleman about it and not need a 3rd party holding the money. I won't be risking my pinside reputation over $20 and hope you do the same.

#70 9 years ago

If it's Borg and it's TWD, I will seriously have to consider selling a game to make room for one more. First on the chopping block would be Congo or TZ. Of course, I'd hate to part with either one but what you gonna do?

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'd hate to part with either one but what you gonna do?

Get rid of Tommy instead

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

TWD would be hard to pass up if the art package and shot lay out locked good. Borg is up for the next one as well right? His are my favorite layouts...

If it's Borg and Lyman it is going to be good.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I've got $20 down if a trusted 3rd party wants to run it. I'll paypal $20 to someone. That'll make things interesting.
    This is the bet as I see it:
    -I'm betting the next Stern is not TWD against whether it IS.
    -We are talking about the NEXT Stern announcement, we're not going to have a never ending bet.
    -If a new Stern is not announced in a reasonable time frame (60 days?) the bet expires.
    and I'll throw this other stipulation in...
    -A "Vault Edition" announcement does not count as a new Stern title. We are betting on a new title. Another VE might push the 60 days thing, but we can't wait forever.
    PS: I'm also willing to be a gentleman about it and not need a 3rd party holding the money. I won't be risking my pinside reputation over $20 and hope you do the same.

If you need someone to hold it, I would. You're up movingpictures, what do you want to do?

#74 9 years ago

Can I get in on that bet? Its TWD.

#75 9 years ago

Proud to announce!

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

If you need someone to hold it, I would. You're up movingpictures, what do you want to do?

Alright, Les, you can hold the money. That'll make things interesting knowing the bet is on for sure, no worry about welching. Someone is getting paid. The bet would not be officially "on" until both parties have paid in.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Alright, Les, you can hold the money. That'll make things interesting knowing the bet is on for sure, no worry about welching. Someone is getting paid. The bet would not be officially "on" until both parties have paid in.

PM sent with paypal address to frolic and movingpictures.

#78 9 years ago

Ahhh, betting makes me so excited. Although I want movingpictures to be right as I would totally be in on WD. I kinda hope frolic is right so I can save some money. Good luck!

#79 9 years ago

This will be fun. I have a feeling we will have our answer by Sep. 15th.

#80 9 years ago

image-945.jpgimage-945.jpg

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Can I get in on that bet? Its TWD.

I'll take your money . Please contact LesManley.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

This will be fun. I have a feeling we will have our answer by Sep. 15th.

Les has been sent my money for 2 bets.

Expo is less than 60 days away so all will be known soon enough.

#83 9 years ago

Frolic did you send US or CAD funds?
    Also, will you be at the Ottawa show?
    If so we can take care of our business in person.

#84 9 years ago

Well my distributor here all but confirmed TWD is up next, so I would be extremely surprised if it's not.
    Maybe you should wait to see if it's any good first before selling your beloved?

All but confirmed? What does this mean?

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

All but confirmed? What does this mean?

He said the next Stern will be TWD.
    The "all but" means I am not 100% sure his source was stern.
    I "assume" it is. He has sold multiple NIBs to me and friends and was trying to get us pumped on ordering the next game. At least I think....

#86 9 years ago

Frolic did you send US or CAD funds?
    Also, will you be at the Ottawa show?
    If so we can take care of our business in person.

Les was sent US$. I will not be at the Ottawa show.

#87 9 years ago

Frolic, if I win you can go ahead and just donate the 20 bucks to pinside. If I lose then I'll contact you and send your your payment directly.

#88 9 years ago

I've sent Les the money. I'm going to use Les as the officiant to keep everything on the level and everyone knows there will be a conclusion. There are no bets if Les doesn't receive both ends of the bet.

I'm not holding anyone to this, so if no bets are made so be it, but I've already laid my money down.

#89 9 years ago

I'd say it's pretty safe to take this page from the Walking Dead season 4 Blu-ray set as confirmation. Looks like Stern gets scooped on their own announcement...again.

TWD.jpgTWD.jpg

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I've sent Les the money. I'm going to use Les as the officiant to keep everything on the level and everyone knows there will be a conclusion. There are no bets if Les doesn't receive both ends of the bet.
    I'm not holding anyone to this, so if no bets are made so be it, but I've already laid my money down.

It's on like Diddy Kong.
    Funds sent.

#91 9 years ago

WOO!

Nicely done.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'd say it's pretty safe to take this page from the Walking Dead season 4 Blu-ray set as confirmation. Looks like Stern gets scooped on their own announcement...again.

TWD.jpg 160 KB

Come Chris. We know you photoshopped that.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

TWD.jpg 160 KB

doh! no more bets!! .

#94 9 years ago

Can I still get in on the bet?

Post edited by Erik: damn too late

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Come Chris. We know you photoshopped that.

You seem to be implying that I'd have that sort of talent, LOL!

As if you aren't picking it up today too. Check it yourself.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Get rid of Tommy instead

No Way! Tommy Stays!

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

You seem to be implying that I'd have that sort of talent, LOL!
    As if you aren't picking it up today too. Check it yourself.

Not the pinball machine.

That will come when it is ready.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

doh! no more bets!! .

Don't worry about mine dude it's all good.

I just want to see the game!

#99 9 years ago

Wow just as I sent the funds the proof arrives!

Frolic, we should bet more often

#100 9 years ago

Well, I always saw this bet as a "win win" for me since I'm a huge TWD fan, and I'll buy the pin site unseen basically. I had/have no insider knowledge, was just betting that we were all circle jerking ourselves from the same self-feeding rumors.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-to-announce-upcoming-game-this-week/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.