PinSmall (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_204459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_191405 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_191037 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_190855 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_190138 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_185926 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200627_183107 (resized).jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Just saw a preview of the TMNT topper. It has all 4 turtles and a 3D Technodrome that moves. I couldn't see any other features, but it looks pretty sweet!

Update: it is out, it is expensive (999.00) and you can easily take the "Turtles" logo off.

turtles top (resized).JPGturtles top (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

Pics?

#3 3 years ago

On Stern insider..

Eye moves... question is what’s the $$$$

#4 3 years ago

Can't share pics yet, but it has a cityscape in the background, the four turtles in the foreground with the logo in the middle and the Terrordome center back with a moving eye.

#5 3 years ago

No pricing announced to dealers quite yet, but we are taking an interested list.

Zach Meny
Flip N Out Pinball

#6 3 years ago

$1,000 ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 3 years ago

Uh...Turtles logo directly above another Turtles logo? Fail.

#8 3 years ago

Teenage Mutant Ninja Plastic.

#9 3 years ago

Has to have an add on mode, maybe pizza eating mode! Eat my shorts man!

#10 3 years ago

I'll never understand the fascination with toppers. Most are just cheap flat plastic with redundant artwork like this piece of crap. Please.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah, doesn't seem necessary

Quoted from pipes:

I'll never understand the fascination with toppers. Most are just cheap flat plastic with redundant artwork like this piece of crap. Please.

I like certain types of toppers - best Stern Toppers have been: TWD, Munsters, Black Knight, BM66
I agree, 0 desire for the ones that are made up of just flat plastics - at around $250 I would consider them but not at current prices

#12 3 years ago

Moving eyeball! Big deal Not worth the money I bet.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I agree with most of this. However, adding animation does add another element in bringing a game to life. I think we all agree that the BKSoR topper is bad ass, and SW is cool in nature and piss poor in price and execution (they used Sharpee for detail lines on R2D2 FFS!). Movement and interaction are something really unique if someone wants that. But more flat plastics and repetition of logos is weak.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I agree with most of this. However, adding animation does add another element in bringing a game to life. I think we all agree that the BKSoR topper is bad ass, and SW is cool in nature and piss poor in price and execution (they used Sharpee for detail lines on R2D2 FFS!). Movement and interaction are something really unique if someone wants that. But more flat plastics and repetition of logos is weak.

Ghostbusters topper is another example of great execution. Better than Star Wars in my opinion and at retail, 250 bucks cheaper!

#15 3 years ago

Question, is it referred to as the Terrordome somewhere? I feel like I've seen a few people call it that. I've always known it as the Technodrome.

#16 3 years ago

I think it looks just okay. The TMNT Logo in the topper is redundant.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

The TMNT Logo in the topper is redundant.

Yeah, definitely removed day 1 if somehow the price tag isn't too much for me to accept.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Question, is it referred to as the Terrordome somewhere? I feel like I've seen a few people call it that. I've always known it as the Technodrome.

Oh yea, I think you're right! Too much Public Enemy in my younger days. I'll make the correction.

#19 3 years ago

It will be $599. Turtles logo looks to be removable. In fact, perhaps all the flat plastic Turtles are removable. Looks like screws at the bottom on all of them. Then one could place Turtles action figures of their choice on top with the moving Eye.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

AGREE

#22 3 years ago

Any price for this yet?

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any price for this yet?

Word on the street is
$599.

#24 3 years ago
4F2F9319-38AB-4761-AAFE-DAB2501D06B9 (resized).jpeg4F2F9319-38AB-4761-AAFE-DAB2501D06B9 (resized).jpeg
#25 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Word on the street is
$599.

Not as bad as I thought after seeing the Elvira topper. Although that’s the JP and AIQ topper price both of which have additional modes attached to them, hope we aren’t seeing that with TMNT.

#26 3 years ago

Now this would look good as back drop to the stern dome topper and drop the ever too close turtles “ double vision” redundancy .

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not as bad as I thought after seeing the Elvira topper. Although that’s the JP and AIQ topper price both of which have additional modes attached to them, hope we aren’t seeing that with TMNT.

Since I'm buying it anyway, I sure hope I get an additional mode out of it.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Since I'm buying it anyway, I sure hope I get an additional mode out of it.

I am not so sure the extra mode is worth the money. On JP the topper mode just gives you x amount of flips to gain a few extra points. You get to the mode by completing a stage that you have to complete anyway. Nothing spectacular.

If Stern are smart, they will make the eye move around so it looks at you and mocks you!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am not so sure the extra mode is worth the money. On JP the topper mode just gives you x amount of flips to gain a few extra points. You get to the mode by completing a stage that you have to complete anyway. Nothing spectacular.
If Stern are smart, they will make the eye move around so it looks at you and mocks you!

I'm not saying it is. I was saying that I'm buying it anyway because has a mechanical eye, and an extra mode would be a cherry on top!

#30 3 years ago

The extra logo looks removable in the pics.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

The extra logo looks removable in the pics.

Yup. And the Turtles themselves. Could make for action figure replacements.

2 weeks later
#32 3 years ago

I think this is the best turtles topper

BB7E44F8-C0DB-48A7-A5A8-39640A0C6477 (resized).jpegBB7E44F8-C0DB-48A7-A5A8-39640A0C6477 (resized).jpeg

E6A38A70-5983-4BEE-8107-B7122358E43F (resized).jpegE6A38A70-5983-4BEE-8107-B7122358E43F (resized).jpeg

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks disgusting and I love it.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

i like this one, where did you find that? may have to get one...

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Get some leds in that Krang !

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from firefly9r68:

i like this one, where did you find that? may have to get one...

It was made by a friend. He worked long on it.

1 week later
#37 3 years ago

Any info when the Topper comes available?

#38 3 years ago

End of this month along with the AIQ topper from what I’ve heard

3 weeks later
#39 3 years ago

The new code update has topper info added in the notes. Release incoming?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from WokeDrone:

The new code update has topper info added in the notes. Release incoming?

Must be soon, I’m sure someone posted a distributor with AIQ toppers in stock.

#41 3 years ago

They’re released, mines on the way

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmatthall:

They’re released, mines on the way

For the low low price of $999.99

#43 3 years ago

What a deal!!! I know it’s a lot, but this is my only pinball machine and I grew up with this cartoon series. Like everyone said, I hope the logo is removable but we shall Saturday. Per my supplier, it sounds like these are limited quantity and drove up the price some? Who knows, I’m a sucker for TMNT so they got me

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmatthall:

What a deal!!! I know it’s a lot, but this is my only pinball machine and I grew up with this cartoon series. Like everyone said, I hope the logo is removable but we shall Saturday. Per my supplier, it sounds like these are limited quantity and drove up the price some? Who knows, I’m a sucker for TMNT so they got me

You can remove the logo.

#45 3 years ago

THE OFFICIAL TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (TMNT) PINBALL MACHINE TOPPER FIRST LOOK & INSTALL

#46 3 years ago

I like the videos to show off the toppers (so you can really see it) and zach I understand you're a distributor so I get it.....just basing this on the product...

wow what an absolute piece of shit. For 1k - only complete fools would buy this.

For the record, I thought the black night topper was awesome - all they needed to do was change that to shredder head. Now we have this garbage with the same TMNT logo right about the translite TMNT.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like the videos to show off the toppers (so you can really see it) and zach I understand you're a distributor so I get it.....just basing this on the product...
wow what an absolute piece of shit. For 1k - only complete fools would buy this.
For the record, I thought the black night topper was awesome - all they needed to do was change that to shredder head. Now we have this garbage with the same TMNT logo right about the translite TMNT.

Yeah.. if this was $399 i'd drop some cash... for $999 im thinking this should come with twenty Stern HDMI capture boards

#48 3 years ago

Also, the logo is using removable with a couple nuts. Almost like it was designed that way because of licensing.

5E3CB03C-71D4-4892-A95B-834CB9A9FE89 (resized).jpeg5E3CB03C-71D4-4892-A95B-834CB9A9FE89 (resized).jpeg
#49 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Also, the logo is using removable with a couple nuts. Almost like it was designed that way because of licensing.
[quoted image]

Any word on AIQ toppers Zach?

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any word on AIQ toppers Zach?

No word yet. We often don’t get word, they just show up haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-tmnt-topper-thread?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.