New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276980)

Stern TMNT Topper Thread

By Karl_Hungus

16 days ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Napoleon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4F2F9319-38AB-4761-AAFE-DAB2501D06B9 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 16 days ago

Just saw a preview of the TMNT topper. It has all 4 turtles and a 3D Technodrome that moves. I couldn't see any other features, but it looks pretty sweet!

#2 16 days ago

Pics?

#3 16 days ago

On Stern insider..

Eye moves... question is what’s the $$$$

#4 16 days ago

Can't share pics yet, but it has a cityscape in the background, the four turtles in the foreground with the logo in the middle and the Terrordome center back with a moving eye.

#5 16 days ago

No pricing announced to dealers quite yet, but we are taking an interested list.

Zach Meny
Flip N Out Pinball

#6 16 days ago

$1,000 ?

pasted_image (resized).png
#7 16 days ago

Uh...Turtles logo directly above another Turtles logo? Fail.

#8 16 days ago

Teenage Mutant Ninja Plastic.

#9 16 days ago

Has to have an add on mode, maybe pizza eating mode! Eat my shorts man!

#10 16 days ago

I'll never understand the fascination with toppers. Most are just cheap flat plastic with redundant artwork like this piece of crap. Please.

#11 16 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah, doesn't seem necessary

Quoted from pipes:

I'll never understand the fascination with toppers. Most are just cheap flat plastic with redundant artwork like this piece of crap. Please.

I like certain types of toppers - best Stern Toppers have been: TWD, Munsters, Black Knight, BM66
I agree, 0 desire for the ones that are made up of just flat plastics - at around $250 I would consider them but not at current prices

#12 16 days ago

Moving eyeball! Big deal Not worth the money I bet.

#13 16 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

I agree with most of this. However, adding animation does add another element in bringing a game to life. I think we all agree that the BKSoR topper is bad ass, and SW is cool in nature and piss poor in price and execution (they used Sharpee for detail lines on R2D2 FFS!). Movement and interaction are something really unique if someone wants that. But more flat plastics and repetition of logos is weak.

#14 16 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I agree with most of this. However, adding animation does add another element in bringing a game to life. I think we all agree that the BKSoR topper is bad ass, and SW is cool in nature and piss poor in price and execution (they used Sharpee for detail lines on R2D2 FFS!). Movement and interaction are something really unique if someone wants that. But more flat plastics and repetition of logos is weak.

Ghostbusters topper is another example of great execution. Better than Star Wars in my opinion and at retail, 250 bucks cheaper!

#15 16 days ago

Question, is it referred to as the Terrordome somewhere? I feel like I've seen a few people call it that. I've always known it as the Technodrome.

#16 16 days ago

I think it looks just okay. The TMNT Logo in the topper is redundant.

#17 16 days ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

The TMNT Logo in the topper is redundant.

Yeah, definitely removed day 1 if somehow the price tag isn't too much for me to accept.

#18 16 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

Question, is it referred to as the Terrordome somewhere? I feel like I've seen a few people call it that. I've always known it as the Technodrome.

Oh yea, I think you're right! Too much Public Enemy in my younger days. I'll make the correction.

#19 16 days ago

It will be $599. Turtles logo looks to be removable. In fact, perhaps all the flat plastic Turtles are removable. Looks like screws at the bottom on all of them. Then one could place Turtles action figures of their choice on top with the moving Eye.

#20 16 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

AGREE

#22 15 days ago

Any price for this yet?

#23 15 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any price for this yet?

Word on the street is
$599.

#24 15 days ago
4F2F9319-38AB-4761-AAFE-DAB2501D06B9 (resized).jpeg
#25 15 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Word on the street is
$599.

Not as bad as I thought after seeing the Elvira topper. Although that’s the JP and AIQ topper price both of which have additional modes attached to them, hope we aren’t seeing that with TMNT.

#26 15 days ago

Now this would look good as back drop to the stern dome topper and drop the ever too close turtles “ double vision” redundancy .

#27 15 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not as bad as I thought after seeing the Elvira topper. Although that’s the JP and AIQ topper price both of which have additional modes attached to them, hope we aren’t seeing that with TMNT.

Since I'm buying it anyway, I sure hope I get an additional mode out of it.

#28 14 days ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Since I'm buying it anyway, I sure hope I get an additional mode out of it.

I am not so sure the extra mode is worth the money. On JP the topper mode just gives you x amount of flips to gain a few extra points. You get to the mode by completing a stage that you have to complete anyway. Nothing spectacular.

If Stern are smart, they will make the eye move around so it looks at you and mocks you!

#29 14 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am not so sure the extra mode is worth the money. On JP the topper mode just gives you x amount of flips to gain a few extra points. You get to the mode by completing a stage that you have to complete anyway. Nothing spectacular.
If Stern are smart, they will make the eye move around so it looks at you and mocks you!

I'm not saying it is. I was saying that I'm buying it anyway because has a mechanical eye, and an extra mode would be a cherry on top!

#30 14 days ago

The extra logo looks removable in the pics.

#31 13 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

The extra logo looks removable in the pics.

Yup. And the Turtles themselves. Could make for action figure replacements.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside