• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

071C3E86-5CF6-44D0-9F22-29772BA881CA (resized).jpeg
8C78EAB8-4C25-4A5D-94BF-3AD4385090F1 (resized).jpeg

#1 9 months ago

Installed the Stern Leonardo shooter rod on my LE and when manually plunged all the way back the ball won’t even make it onto the playfield, until it’s auto plunged. The shooter rod tip is back further on this plunger than any of my other games. The rod/spring is the exact same as the one it came stock with, as I even tried swapping them with the same result. It comes with the “red” spring which looks to be the strongest. I thought about shortening the spring by the sword handle to make up some of the gap. I read about “stuffing” the rubber shooter tip add length. Any other thoughts?
Thanks!

071C3E86-5CF6-44D0-9F22-29772BA881CA (resized).jpeg8C78EAB8-4C25-4A5D-94BF-3AD4385090F1 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#2 6 months ago

Hey mate I just got mine having the same issues, did you end up being able to solve the issue?

#3 6 months ago

It comes stock with an orange spring, it kind of looks red. I had the same issue and swapped the orange with a purple spring and it works much better. This one, https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-inner-spring-purple.html

3 months later
#4 3 months ago

Fools dont even test their own products, sad!! Yes the stock spring is too weak, needs the red spring. I had same issue

3 weeks later
#5 74 days ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Fools dont even test their own products, sad!! Yes the stock spring is too weak, needs the red spring. I had same issue

Red spring from pinball life worked for you? I'm having the same issue. Tried both springs to no avail.

#6 74 days ago

Just my opinion. The sword shooter rod feels cheap and doesn't work well. I've had it on mine for almost a year now and I am goin back to the stock rod.

#7 69 days ago

I reached out to Stern and they instructed me to remove the washer on the katana side. It helped a lite, but it's still weaker.

#8 64 days ago

Replace the shooter spring with the red version
That fixed my issue

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside