(Topic ID: 25864)

STERN THUNDERDOME! : THE FINAL 4

By PorkChopExpress

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“BEST STERN PIN”

• AC/DC LE 54 votes
      32%
    • LORD OF THE RINGS 58 votes
      34%
    • SPIDERMAN 28 votes
      17%
    • TRON LE 29 votes
      17%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-04_21.12.23.jpg
    2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
    2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drbond.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

Looks like its going to be a duel to the death. Two Ritchie games (sorry Tron). Only one will be left standing!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I agree in theory, but I've never been this impressed with a pin, and even in the height of my infatuation with LOTR and SM, I never had as much of an urge to play them (and keep playing them) as I do with AC/DC. Neither SM nor LOTR get the adrenaline pumping to the same degree as AC/DC.

I agree with RobT. AC/DC Premium...heck even the Pro model....is a refined piece of kinetic art (not really original and kinda ugly...but well designed nonethless).

Its been almost 14 years, and can honestly say that not since the first time I played Monster Bash at Nickel City in 1998 (the game that officially re-awakened my love/adoration/worship of pinball), has a game put a stupid grin on my face...after it obliterated my a$$ and I walked away getting ready to play it again...and again...and again (even after Steve Ritchie, my game design hero, told me "to play better" and that "I suck").

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

By chance, did you work at nickel city?

Man...you'd think my friend Jesse and I worked there, because we were at that nickel city location every other night playing Monster Bash.

Btw...AC/DC Pinball praise seems to just be for Steve Ritchie. The game is probably only solid...until you add Lyman Sheats' masterful coding/rules/lighting code, Mark Galvez's exquisite DMD animation work, David Thiel's sound design, along with John Rotharmel & Rob Blakemen's mechanical engineering work (the bell is awesome-sauce). Then the game turns into a mind-blowing experience!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drbond.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-thunderdome-the-final-4?tu=drbond and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.