(Topic ID: 25864)

STERN THUNDERDOME! : THE FINAL 4

By PorkChopExpress

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“BEST STERN PIN”

• AC/DC LE 54 votes
      32%
    • LORD OF THE RINGS 58 votes
      34%
    • SPIDERMAN 28 votes
      17%
    • TRON LE 29 votes
      17%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-04_21.12.23.jpg
    2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
    2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Tied it back up...

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How long ago was your LOTR honeymoon? Mine was in 2008, I remember it well. It was totally awesome. It's actually pretty cool that after all these years and so many machines LOTR has this much love.

I'm sure my LOTR honeymoon was just fine.
    However, when a younger hotter chick comes along.....

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

Tied it back up...

looks like 45 to 44 to me.

No matter which comes out on top, we still get to play them all.

#54 11 years ago

Any chance we can get Spidey or Tron to gain a lot of quick votes to push LOTR from getting into the final Thunderdome cage match? That would be quite entertaining.
    I like both Spidey & Tron better than LOTR.
    Just to clarify, I do like LOTR pinball machine, just not my favorite.

#55 11 years ago

Wow, LOTR and AC/DC close race! Both great games, but I still can't believe how Ritchie outdid his own Spidey- I guess you can get better with age!

#56 11 years ago

I have had ACDC Pro w/ shaker and FF since March of 2012. Hands down the Fastest Stern I ever played. 6 months and Honeymoon is long gone.

Lymans new code is epic. VIP Pass adds depths and a good distraction from the playfield! It has the spirit of a tournament player and experienced rule maker. So freakin balanced and challenging. Great for multiplayer games.

I put up 200 mil today and was jumping all over.

Honestly I cant speak about SM. As for LOTR its pretty and the sword ramps is great. Ring shot is cool. Great for long long ball times.

Great thunderdome match.

#57 11 years ago

I put up over 250m on AC/DC pro and I'm so over it. I switched back to playing Tron LE cause its just so damn addicting. I suppose I should learn the rules better for AC/DC but the music gets old.

#58 11 years ago

Tron: Best looking game
    SM: Best flowing game
    ACDC: Best sounding game
    LOTR: Best players game.

Just depend what you like the most..

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I'm sure my LOTR honeymoon was just fine.
    However, when a younger hotter chick comes along.....

Exactly. ACDC will get old...that's when you'll know how it rates overall. That LOTR is neck and neck with the new kid on the block says a lot. But hey, there is no loser (or spoon for by matter)...this is like the special Olympics. We're all winners!!!

#60 11 years ago

Time for the stern finale......

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-thunderdome-the-final-4/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.