13%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Premium 7 votes
    4%
  • Aerosmith Premium 11 votes
    6%
  • Beatles Gold 12 votes
    7%

(182 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

Just put a bunch of games on a SW Premium. I have never been more disappointed. In all the games we played we couldn't get the hyper loop feature even ONCE. Just ridiculous that such a cool feature is so difficult.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

SW premium is a great game that’s deep and full of modes and that’s why it got my vote. Most people who play it really don’t understand it and end up walking away with a bad taste, and that’s why I think it’s not a top 20.

A machine on location should be easier to understand. You shouldn't have to own the machine to appreciate it, like it, or see some of the cool features.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea where this idea comes from; silly.

Really? So we should all have to own machines at home to understand them at all. I should be able to walk up to a machine on location, have fun, and be able to get some level of understanding of the code within 10 games or so. Some games do it masterfully, some don't. Not all machines are created equal. Yea, it is silly. When my family and I play machines on location we can walk up to many of them and understand what the code is guiding us to do, some machines we don't have a clue (like star wars). I couldn't even get the hyper drive feature (or whatever its called) to activate after 10 games, no clue what I was doing wrong. Lost patience with the machine and walked away. Had a lot of fun on many others.

I just wanted to see the ball whipping around that loop! Not too much to ask for...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes & no.
I really think it's silly that you basically dismiss a game because you and your family can't figure it out after playing it 10 times.
Not every game is for everyone and not every game needs to be super simple to learn, because not everyone is at the same skill level.
Some games you have to invest a ton more time in to learn everything, we used to just go to the arcade and play the shit out of it which is an option rather than "having to own it."
SW takes some time if you really want to dive into it. I can't believe I have explain this to a WOZ fan, the game that literally invented the huge rules flow chart craze NOT an easy game to grasp all the intricacies of it all. Yet still a big hit on location.

Funny thing, I was going to mention WOZ. I did not like the game at all on location. We owned it for 6 months and it took forever but we started to get the hang of the rules.

We play a lot of pinball on location since we can't afford all these expensive machines. What I've learned is that for me, some games are fun on location, some are not. If anything, I am dismissing SW as a location game. But there is the problem, if I say I don't like a popular machine then the next thing someone tells me is that you have to own it at home to appreciate it and understand it. Well, I can't afford to own these all at home, so my opinion is largely based on location play. Isn't that what these things are supposed to be designed for anyway, having fun on location and earning money for an operator?

SW is still a big hit on location because of the theme more than anything.

What originally annoyed me is that I wanted the 4 of us to see that cool hyper loop feature, I was excited to check it out. Thought we could do that within 10 games, I guess not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 25.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-this-or-that?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.