• 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-117.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captaincam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

So it seems that Stern's The Walking Dead Pro is temporarily out of stock.
Yesterday, 10/27/2014, I had two distributors tell me that TWD Pro games would not be available again from Stern until the middle of November.
Luckily, I was told that my TWD LE should be here in the next couple of weeks. So I have that going for me.
This is a good sign that TWD is a hot commodity.
Way to go Stern!
Marcus

I completely agree. I own several machines, some of which were heavily criticized early on then they became hits months and years later. The same I belive is true with TWD and I believe even right out of the box and especially as the code matures and mods are added this will become one of my all time favorite pins. The US LE production begins next week so they should start delivering in two weeks or so here in the US.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Wow huge mistake. Back out on one of if not the best Stern releases ever for a game that probably cost around 1k more & has major question marks going forward. I'd have jumped on that Luci & waited to see what TWD LE had to offer. I imagine many LE buyers will grow tired of it and plenty will be available on the secondary market. Probably much cheaper too.

I disagree that it was a big mistake to give up the ACDC for the WDLE as I believe the WDLE will be one of Sterns best titles. ACDC is an amazing pin also for ACDC fans based on the theme and associated music included just as WDLE is a better pin for those owners that like the franchise of the WD series and overall Zombie theme. Apples and Oranges as game play is excellent on both but what one person purchases depends more on that individuals preferences between a music and a series pin. In an ideal world one would be able to get one of each

Post edited by captaincam: spelling

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Too bad there is basically nobody from the show in the voice package. It just looks like a zombie pin so far, which is fine for some.

You are so right. As has been said over and over on this forum, if Stern would include actual actor voice work on this pin it would make all the difference. I completely agree and find this as really this pinballs only real fault. With voicework it would more appropriately match the heavy AMC branding and give the true TWD franchise fans what they want. Hopefully Stern is 1. listenening and 2. cares enough to pick up on this critique and make this simple edit to the software with voice work that I am sure the actors and AMC would like to have on this machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captaincam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-the-walking-dead-seems-like-a-hit?tu=captaincam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.