Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-117.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Rumor has it that this may be changing...

Rumor started by who?

#52 5 years ago

Well, if you read any of Underlord's post in the "main" Walking Dead thread he's got a friend who played a version with them in there (or at least Rick I believe) and apparently Stern has heard everyone's dislike of the current voice work and may be working to reinstate that code in an update.

I just hope that update is what ships with the LE's and perhaps is the reason they're slightly delayed?

I was really excited preordered. Then a bit let down when I heard the voice work, but as the LE's are about to ship I've found myself excited again to get it. Even if I have to drop another G to get all the cool extra toys.

Seems like most people who like the theme and or The Walking Dead are very pleased so far and well naturally there are some who just aren't going to like it no matter what. I'm most likely in the camp that will like it in spite of any flaws it may have, because I love the theme and the art so much.

#53 5 years ago

Underlord has proven pretty reliable with the rumors, at this point I'd believe it if he says they are changing the voices (or adding quotes at least from the show).

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Too bad there is basically nobody from the show in the voice package. It just looks like a zombie pin so far, which is fine for some.

You are so right. As has been said over and over on this forum, if Stern would include actual actor voice work on this pin it would make all the difference. I completely agree and find this as really this pinballs only real fault. With voicework it would more appropriately match the heavy AMC branding and give the true TWD franchise fans what they want. Hopefully Stern is 1. listenening and 2. cares enough to pick up on this critique and make this simple edit to the software with voice work that I am sure the actors and AMC would like to have on this machine.

#55 5 years ago

3 of the actors in the show are in the code.
At the very last minute they were pulled for some reason.
I think some of it will come back.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Why not all of it?

#57 5 years ago

Hopefully they utilize actor voices better than they did with ST. The Karl Urban sound/callout update was quite disappointing.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Hopefully they utilize actor voices better than they did with ST. The Karl Urban sound/callout update was quite disappointing.

I have a feeling that they were strictly using sound clips from the show. I haven't heard anything yet that would lead me to believe that they had recorded custom callouts.

#59 5 years ago

I am considering buying a TWD pin as my first machine. Played it at the Owl Farm in Brooklyn, and the pin junkies there were captivated. Not an easy game to score high on, from what I can tell.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I hope one of them wasn't Bob! I can't imagine TWD, or any game based off a hit show for that matter (Sopranos) not having at least some lines from the show.

Has there ever been a T.V. show-based pin that hasn't used any actor speech whatsoever -- either custom or pulled from the show itself?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Has there ever been a T.V. show-based pin that hasn't used any actor speech whatsoever -- either custom or pulled from the show itself?

I don't believe so. It would be completely illogical to licence the theme just for the artwork and music. I'm sure there was some kind of last minute legal snafu, and Stern wasn't able to resolve it on time for the game's early public showings.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I hope one of them wasn't Bob! I can't imagine TWD, or any game based off a hit show for that matter (Sopranos) not having at least some lines from the show.

What's wrong with Cletus doing the call outs?

#63 5 years ago

I wouldn't call it a hit just yet. I have a slightly better feeling about the game now that I've put over 50 games on it. Between the launch party and playing it in league for 3 weeks now I have a much better sense of how the game plays. It really has two contrasting ways to play it. Bash the prison and well walker, or combo city and utilize the inlane multipliers. I way prefer combos as the way to a good score. Get multiple kill shots going with the drop targets and pretty soon you are collecting 250k-350k per shot, which can also be doubled. Of course the modes on the current code are just repeat this shot until the timer runs out. Left and right ramp modes really make me feel like I'm playing BSD, which is not a bad thing. If and when the code matures we may have a great game. The jury is still out on that.

As far as voices, I was completely turned away from an NIB pro purchase by those silly and lame voices. Add in some quotes from the show and the actual actors and I may reconsider!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This was the beta code. My friend played it, I have no other info on the LE other than what I've shared. I wanted to remain ignorant on purpose to enjoy the pin, not go, "oh, there's that voice clip Guy told me about," and "yeah, there's the wizard mode graphics." I hate that. Feels like a show spoiler.

I think the beta version was .9 on the LE? I think that's what Guy said. Anyone overseas that has the LE already confirm what version is in theirs? (Foreign versions may be different though).

Crossbow incorporation, Bicycle girl ramp, Woodbury target are all different from Pro. Not like Tron LE with just the Daft Punk mode. Pro owners got the budget version, LE owners got the bling AND the upgrades, so Stern is trying to give the LE buyers a higher advantage than just add on parts, since they are now selling those parts additions for the LE and the Pro directly now.

I believe there are extra modes in the LE also to incorporate the added pf mechanics.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The Karl Urban callouts suck, should have just added more movies clips, I would like to have voice work for TWD but no custom call outs, stuff from the show. Stern is not very good at all with custom call outs, sound cheesy and out of place.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Karl Urban callouts suck, should have just added more movies clips, I would like to have voice work for TWD but no custom call outs, stuff from the show. Stern is not very good at all with custom call outs, sound cheesy and out of place.

It depends on the game. I agree that the Karl Urban callouts are kind of lame. Stephen Lang's Avatar callouts, on the other hand, are awesome and really add to the immersion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Houston, TX
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside