Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-117.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

So it seems that Stern's The Walking Dead Pro is temporarily out of stock.

Yesterday, 10/27/2014, I had two distributors tell me that TWD Pro games would not be available again from Stern until the middle of November.

Luckily, I was told that my TWD LE should be here in the next couple of weeks. So I have that going for me.

This is a good sign that TWD is a hot commodity.

Way to go Stern!

Marcus

#2 5 years ago

Very excited to get my LE. It's a sexy machine. Might not be my absolute favorite for flow but there's a lot of toys and it's state of art nothing like a NIB.

#3 5 years ago

I think this is such a great game, for me it’s a great balance of flow and stop and shoot. I have fast flow machines and POTC and this fits perfectly between them. I think the more people play this the more popular it’s going to be, especially as the code matures.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Yesterday, 10/27/2014, I had two distributors tell me that TWD Pro games would not be available again from Stern until the middle of November.
Luckily, I was told that my TWD LE should be here in the next couple of weeks. So I have that going for me.
Way to go Stern!
Marcus

I completely agree. I own several machines, some of which were heavily criticized early on then they became hits months and years later. The same I belive is true with TWD and I believe even right out of the box and especially as the code matures and mods are added this will become one of my all time favorite pins. The US LE production begins next week so they should start delivering in two weeks or so here in the US.

#5 5 years ago

I personally love the theme and it will be a great add to the collection, if you don't like the show then the game may only be a C+. Add the theme and LE and that pushes it to an A-. I've got a guy doing custom voice overs for me so I can them to my game. He's going to rip voice overs from the show and burn them to file for me to add once I get the game! YA!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

What about the MMR?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I personally love the theme and it will be a great add to the collection, if you don't like the show then the game may only be a C+. Add the theme and LE and that pushes it to an A-. I've got a guy doing custom voice overs for me so I can them to my game. He's going to rip voice overs from the show and burn them to file for me to add once I get the game! YA!

Can I get that file?

Marcus

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

What about the MMR?

Sorry, I did not ask about MMr. As I am no longer in the MMr buyer's group, I'll leave that task to a MMr buyer.

Marcus

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I've got a guy doing custom voice overs for me so I can them to my game. He's going to rip voice overs from the show and burn them to file for me to add once I get the game! YA!

One hurdle I see with using quotes from the show is that they are often accompanied by music and/or sound effects. When Stern uses sound quotes from the original source material, I'm sure they are pure clips of the voices only.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

What about the MMR?

I believe the reason that TWD pros will not be available for a few weeks is because Stern is going to building just TWD LEs and MMRs for a while.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I believe the reason that TWD pros will not be available for a few weeks is because Stern is going to building just TWD LEs and MMRs for a while.

Does anyone know how many they produce a day?

#12 5 years ago

I have heard up to 50

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Does anyone know how many they produce a day?

I've been told anywhere from 20-50 depending on the title and the schedule for the day.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Way to go Stern!
Marcus

All new games sell well when they're first released, including OOS notices from some distributors.

Gonna wait until they've had time to release updated code to see if this puppy has legs...

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Gonna wait until they've had time to release updated code to see if this puppy has legs...

Code is overrated. The best thing to do is just dive right in and hope for the best!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have heard up to 50

I for some reason was thinking 60 a day isn't a problem.

#17 5 years ago

From what I've seen, I'm leaning toward pulling out from my LE order. Just doesn't impress like it did when I first saw AC/DC,& Tallica.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

From what I've seen, I'm leaning toward pulling out from my LE order. Just doesn't impress like it did when I first saw AC/DC,& Tallica.

I'm doing my best to at least see some solid code before deciding on my LE. I was hoping it would have been by now. I like the layout and shots seem fun so still optimistic

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

What have you seen thus far gameplay wise? I've only seen that one video from France, I think Coneheads every time, "we come from France". Still I couldn't tell until I get it home and loud in the dark. I wouldn't back out based on appearance, especially what we've seen.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

It does, four of them.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

From what I've seen, I'm leaning toward pulling out from my LE order.

If you are wavering in the slightest, you should probably back out. It makes more sense to play the game, and then decide. Once you take delivery and unbox it, you will most likely lose a grand instantly. The risk just isn't worth it if you are on the fence. I, on the other hand, am not on the fence at all. I really enjoyed playing the pro, and the LE looks even better. I just mailed in a check today for the rest of my LE payment, and I can't wait to get the game.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I walked away from buying a AC/DC Luci for a TWDLE. First NIB of 3 coming. Can't wait! Love what I see so far...no indecisiveness here. Unlike the Hobbit

#23 5 years ago

TWDLE is a strong playing pin. It's like the Pro, only with a lot of added stuff and the code is different.

Voices are getting reinstated in next update as far as I know.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What have you seen thus far gameplay wise? I've only seen that one video from France, I think Coneheads every time, "we come from France". Still I couldn't tell until I get it home and loud in the dark. I wouldn't back out based on appearance, especially what we've seen.

I think most people are referencing the videos that came out of Expo on YouTube, and Pinball news had a video from Expo too I believe.

#25 5 years ago

I thought they didn't have one at Expo?

#26 5 years ago

Its obviously good they are out of stock but couldn't a major reason be because they are limited due to how many simultaneous games they are producing? I haven't been in this hobby long, but they have six major titles and different versions. I assume this is part of the reason they are relocating to a new facility.

My point is that it might not be demand that is the issue here, but simply supply. There weren't a lot of TWD produced initially, just speculation based on limiting manufacturing capabilities Stern has now pre-move.

#27 5 years ago

George Gomez was showing off the new Stern mods on an LE at the Stern factory. That's the only LE I saw in Chicago. (Fishtank topper looks really cool in person). I took some video of the Pinball Refinery TWD at PBL open house. Sorta looked like an LE.

#28 5 years ago

It's a little early. We've read this book and seen this movie before. Give it at least 6 months.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TWDLE is a strong playing pin. It's like the Pro, only with a lot of added stuff and the code is different.

Voices are getting reinstated in next update as far as I know.

So would you say the difference is significant between the LE and Pro, enough to justify the cost?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

So would you say the difference is significant between the LE and Pro, enough to justify the cost?

That's a tough question because only you could know if its justified or not, its personal taste. There a pinsiders that don't feel any LE really justifies the 2500 dollar increase and some like myself who find it totally acceptable. I couldn't own a ST after my STLE with the lighting and extra toys, same goes for Metallica and Tron. TWDLE seems to be the same, I have to have the extra zombie head, the GI lighting and fishtank etc. If your not sure then probably better to get the pro.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I couldn't own a ST after my STLE with the lighting and extra toys

Sorry, I like you man but I think we both know this is BS. STLE doesn't have any "extra toys" who are you tring to kid? It has a useless VUK, that's it, no extra toys STLE is the one LE I don't think is worth the extra dough

Metallica on the other hand does have extra toys that IMO are worth it.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Sorry, I like you man but I think we both know this is BS. STLE doesn't have any "extra toys" who are you tring to kid? It has a useless VUK, that's it, no extra toys

Well, it does have the Vengeance that actually crashes, as well as the kickback. I don't know if those would necessarily be considered "toys", but they are nice physical upgrades.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's a tough question because only you could know if its justified or not, its personal taste. There a pinsiders that don't feel any LE really justifies the 2500 dollar increase and some like myself who find it totally acceptable. I couldn't own a ST after my STLE with the lighting and extra toys, same goes for Metallica and Tron. TWDLE seems to be the same, I have to have the extra zombie head, the GI lighting and fishtank etc. If your not sure then probably better to get the pro.

Yeah, I'm just curious if others that have played the game feel the difference justifies the cost to them. For me to determine that I would have to play it myself, which I have not been able to yet. I'm hoping there is a difference in gameplay between the two, which from the description it appears to be, but again not having played it, I don't know.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Yeah, I'm just curious if others that have played the game feel the difference justifies the cost to them.

The problem is that barely anyone has played the LE yet.

#35 5 years ago

Sorry, I like you man but I think we both know this is BS. STLE doesn't have any "extra toys" who are you tring to kid? It has a useless VUK, that's it, no extra toys

The lighting, powder coated armor with custom el lighting, back on flashers, kick back, laser show thing, wore ramps, speaker lighting, flashers in back on, some other stuff I'm sure. I can't remeber as I haven't touched it since my IM got here. All in all, I wouldn't even play a pro after playing the le. STLE was worth the extra cash.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Might not be my absolute favorite for flow but there's a lot of toys and it's state of art nothing like a NIB.

It is??? In what way exactly?

#37 5 years ago

Sorry, I like you man but I think we both know this is BS. STLE doesn't have any "extra toys" who are you tring to kid? It has a useless VUK, that's it, no extra toys STLE is the one LE I don't think is worth the extra dough

I agree, just speaking in general regarding LE's. The big factor for me and STLE is the lighting and cosmetics, that makes it worth it to me and actually same with Metallica, love the hammer but I loved the lighting more. I will always buy the LE version of a game as I want the best representation and not to sound like a big shot but money isn't really a concern especially when it comes to pinball. You ready to sell me your T2 yet?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Well, it does have the Vengeance that actually crashes, as well as the kickback. I don't know if those would necessarily be considered "toys", but they are nice physical upgrades.

They are not "toys" at all. Have you seen the crash? Lame. I think the violent shaking in the pro is much better and the pro has a virtual kickback so I would hardly count that at all either. Pro is the way to go on ST.

#39 5 years ago

It's a blast to play. The pro that is. I have not seen an le yet.
Code is pretty good out of the box. Not finished but an improvement.
Layout is fun and the art is good.
Again, all around continued improvements from stern in each title.
If you have not played twd yet give it a chance.
You might be surprised.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You ready to sell me your T2 yet?

lol, no not really ready to let it go but I am keeping my eye open for you and asking around for one.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I walked away from buying a AC/DC Luci for a TWDLE. First NIB of 3 coming. Can't wait! Love what I see so far...no indecisiveness here. Unlike the Hobbit

Wow huge mistake. Back out on one of if not the best Stern releases ever for a game that probably cost around 1k more & has major question marks going forward. I'd have jumped on that Luci & waited to see what TWD LE had to offer. I imagine many LE buyers will grow tired of it and plenty will be available on the secondary market. Probably much cheaper too.

#42 5 years ago

lol, no not really ready to let it go but I am keeping my eye open for you and asking around for one.

Come on, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

images-117.jpg
#43 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

as well as the kickback. I don't know if those would necessarily be considered "toys", but they are nice physical upgrades.

Wrong. No le upgrade, but a pro downgrade by removing them.

#44 5 years ago

I am really liking mine, got it yesterday. Dialed it in and it plays great, ramps are fast. When I saw pics of the prison, I was not impressed, but in person it has nice lighting effects. The riot shot is a nice tight and challenging shot.

#45 5 years ago

I'm excited about the TWD. I played the pro and really liked the music, art, layout, and the lights. It might be my favorite music in any Stern pin. The ramps are very satisfying to shoot. I really wish the prison did more.

I have an LE coming and I think it's going to hold up very well compared to other sterns. I think the disappointment I have had so far has to do with my own expectations or thoughts on what could have been. When you look at the big picture, at Stern's body of work, it appears to have the potential to be right there with their best titles.

I was hoping for more of a leap forward with some innovation, an LCD, and better toys, but Stern has a winning formula with exciting game play, open layouts, and deep code (in time). This game follows that formula, but it has enough variety to still feel fresh and fun. With the LE adding spinners, drop target, bicycle girl bash toy, wellverine magnet, fish tank, color changing LEDs, and the crossbow, I think this game will be a blast. Do I think it will be a top 10 all time great? Probably not, but as a big fan of the theme and the vibe of the pin, (minus the callouts) I think I'll enjoy it for a long time.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The problem is that barely anyone has played the LE yet.

Yeah, that is why I was asking Underlord, it seems like he is familiar. I was hoping he could go a little more in depth on it for us.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I am really liking mine, got it yesterday. Dialed it in and it plays great, ramps are fast. When I saw pics of the prison, I was not impressed, but in person it has nice lighting effects. The riot shot is a nice tight and challenging shot.

I agree Tim, the prison does have great lighting. With the magnet holding the ball, along with sounds in the game, they could do some really cool "destruction" sequences. I really like the challenge of the riot shot too.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Wow huge mistake. Back out on one of if not the best Stern releases ever for a game that probably cost around 1k more & has major question marks going forward. I'd have jumped on that Luci & waited to see what TWD LE had to offer. I imagine many LE buyers will grow tired of it and plenty will be available on the secondary market. Probably much cheaper too.

I disagree that it was a big mistake to give up the ACDC for the WDLE as I believe the WDLE will be one of Sterns best titles. ACDC is an amazing pin also for ACDC fans based on the theme and associated music included just as WDLE is a better pin for those owners that like the franchise of the WD series and overall Zombie theme. Apples and Oranges as game play is excellent on both but what one person purchases depends more on that individuals preferences between a music and a series pin. In an ideal world one would be able to get one of each

Post edited by captaincam: spelling

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from captaincam:

just as WDLE is a better pin for those owners that like the franchise of the WD series and overall Zombie theme

Too bad there is basically nobody from the show in the voice package. It just looks like a zombie pin so far, which is fine for some.

#50 5 years ago

Rumor has it that this may be changing...

Quoted from smassa:Too bad there is basically nobody from the show in the voice package. It just looks like a zombie pin so far, which is fine for some.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside