r (resized).jpeg
o (resized).jpeg
q (resized).jpeg
j (resized).jpeg
f (resized).jpeg
d (resized).jpeg
b (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

Hmmmm.....way over priced and to be honest not much of an improvement over the original

#6 1 year ago

Well done....I'm shocked the guy is trying to sell these for $425 ....

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Not much improvement you say? [quoted image]

Not $400 worth of improvement. Sounds like u think so, which is great. I assume u forked over the $400?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I follow what Lior puts out, as often times it's for machine I might have. Don't have this one..yet.
Clearly the quality and detail of this sculpt is much higher than the OEM. For people to say it's marginal are probably letting the price skew their opinion.
After seeing the potc topper sell out in the first 15 minutes at $2500, I mean...is it really that surprising?
Go purchase a mass produced games workshop plastic mini and you'll pay $125 for a nice sized unpainted, unassembled, not for pinball, mini.
Shrug

I have purchased his stuff in the past. I own a very nice TWD that has many incredible mods so I'm not immune to spending $ on stuff if I think it adds value. How do u not skew your opinion on a mod based on its price? When I first looked at the mod I thought it was a $100-$150 piece.....$400+ is a joke

Toppers are entirely different animal....by the way the original TWD Stern topper is worth well north of $2K...rumor has it the last one sold for $3k

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

marginal improvement over OG I appreciate the effort; but instead work on a crowd of zombies coming out of the barn instead of one big head.

Good idea....now that I might pay for

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

No thanks. I was serious when I said would not take the well walker for free, just don't like it. I would only resell it, which is unfair to you.
I thought your T-Rex looked great up close, but not really much different in the game, and not worth the cost. Since we're getting personal here, I also thought you were far too precious about keeping the installation video private.
Like most artists & mod creators here, you seem very sensitive. Just gotta get over it when you post something for public discussion. Keep doing the work and praise will come. No one bats a thousand.

I almost bought his Trex head, and signs as well. I thought they both looked great, but for almost $700+shipping it seemed way over priced for the value I was getting.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I dared to say his godzilla popbumper was expensive and he even went so far as to write angry threats to me on my phone and have me banned for purchase of any of his items ever at littleshop of games…
and for what? I gave my opinion about the price.It’s this type of guy that will not accept any criticism and if you do he will mobilize his fanboys to silence you.
Lior plays now the charming card because now al ost everybody is negative about this new product.
You see, he has all the right to ask whatever he wants for his products.
I admit, with 5000 usd toppers it is worth the try to squeeze more money out of it. hehe.
I’m not buying his stuff anymore.

That sucks...He's a very talented guy (yes thats a compliment), and if he wants to send me his JP mods for free I'll be happy to install. If I'm wrong about the value vs cost I'll be the first to admit it on PinSide.....I won't hold my breath

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Not one of Lior's best IMO, but he does have some great work.
The best well walker I've seen is the one my wife did for me years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/119#post-4200895

Wow ..... nice work

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would not have posted it if it wasn’t.
But Lior has reached out to me and states his account was hacked, loads of downvotes dished out from his account and all his followers are blocked.
Regardless of what’s happened he offered me a first class apology and that has to be respected.

He responded to me in a very similar fashion so I have no doubt its true. At the time he also offered to send me a free mod (like he did above) of my choice, which of course he never did (which is fine)...nice that he apologized to u

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he sounds like a true asset to Pinside; at least there's the over priced mods.

Exactly !

2 weeks later
#44 1 year ago

Well I'm gladly eating crow. Lior actually sent me a Trex and signs to try in my Stern JP. I will happily admit that the quality is pretty incredible, and I instantly tell the attention to detail. Specifically the Trex head was on a completely different level than the stock Stern POS. The material and workmanship really are second to none. What I found interesting was he used some sort of flexible cast material on the head, which makes installation much easier. Its a bit of a process to install, but the instructional video provided were very well done and easy to follow. Once finished I powered the game on and the Trex worked flawlessly.

Well done Lior

image0 5 (resized).jpegimage0 5 (resized).jpegimage1 2 (resized).jpegimage1 2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-the-walking-dead-sculpted-zombie-by-the-art-of-pinball?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.