You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
deadwood2.jpg
image.jpg
resident_evil_movie_wallpaper9_by_etha.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

ok, someone said in another thread that between metallica and star trek it's the walking dead.

like i said in that thread, i'm not a big fan because it looks too much like a soap opera.
maybe it will be completly different on a pin, who know?

whats your opinion about it?

#2 11 years ago

I'd love it, but I thought they said they were only doing 2 models this year. Since this is coming out of nowhere and there was no mention ever from anyone I'd be very surprised (and elated) that Stern would be the first out with a Zombie pin. Wow, bring it on if its true!

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought they said they were only doing 2 models this year.

That would be disappointing. When is the last time they only did two pins in a year? I can't remember.

#4 11 years ago

It would be the first NIB for me. that is a fact

#5 11 years ago

I'm in for one!

#6 11 years ago

The Walking Dead - Please NO

Zombies YES

#7 11 years ago

It's going to be the Munsters

#8 11 years ago

Yes, yes, YES!!!! If true The Walking Dead RULES. Man I hope it is I'd sell my whole collection for a TWD Pin. OP where is this thread that you heard this, I'd like to read it?

#9 11 years ago

The only chance of a mainstream Zombie game at this point and time would be Walking Dead. Unless they want too much for the license and then call Romero...he would do it for cheap

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

The Walking Dead - Please NO
Zombies YES

Generic zombie theme > the walking dead

#11 11 years ago

Ummm, did anyone see Night of the Living Dead or what? It is a drama with zombies. The movie is as much about the struggle between the two groups as it is about zombies. Its layered thats why its good. This is the same reason why the walking dead is good.

#12 11 years ago

Only if its from the graphic novel and not the tv show. The TV show hasn't been on long enough for content for the pin.

#13 11 years ago

The Walking Dead is definitely NOT a soap opera wherever you heard that it is false. TWD is just incredible the storytelling is just EPIC!!!

#14 11 years ago

umm...I just mentioned Romero....The original NOTLD was as much about racism and Vietnam as it was about Zombies....but I like the Walking Dead too...read the comics from the first publication. The TV is alright too...not as good as the books but good enough for TV

#15 11 years ago

There is plenty of content to make a pin and you don't want too many game modes or the game gets cluttered IMO you want just enough which TWD would be able to have.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

The only chance of a mainstream Zombie game at this point and time would be Walking Dead. Unless they want too much for the license and then call Romero...he would do it for cheap

Romero would not have to be paid at all. Public Domain

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

Only if its from the graphic novel and not the tv show. The TV show hasn't been on long enough for content for the pin.

I don't think I understand your point. We've got pins based on a single 2-hr movie. There's probably 20 times more direct TWD content already. But, equally important, it can pull from a TON of zombie hype and generic zombie content out there....

#18 11 years ago

Elvira And The Monster Extravaganza!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

Stop being pretentious...they are comic books.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Romero would not have to be paid at all. Public Domain

only night of the living dead...the rest of the series is not...I would like to see at least the first trilogy

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

only night of the living dead...the rest of the series is not...I would like to see at least the first trilogy

That would be a cluster.... Its not a trilogy. Three seperate movies.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

That would be a cluster.... Its not a trilogy. Three seperate movies.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I don't think I understand your point. We've got pins based on a single 2-hr movie. There's probably 20 times more direct TWD content already. But, equally important, it can pull from a TON of zombie hype and generic zombie content out there....

The pins that are made based on movies are mostly have sequels or trilogies. Don't get me wrong I love TWD it's my favorite show. If there was a pin made I would be all over it and would possible be my first NIB pin. I think the whole package would look better with the art work and different story lines they could pull. Its pinball and its all good! This is all for not The Munsters is coming.

#24 11 years ago

If this were true I would buy sight unseen. I kind of hope it's not true though, because I really only have money and space to buy one this year and that will be Star Trek.

#25 11 years ago

Stupid rumors! Now I have to sell my MB. I have no will power. Must have new Sterns...

#26 11 years ago

When people complain about the code not being finished, Stern can point out that the TV show and comic book aren't finished either...

#27 11 years ago

Walking dead is losing its luster Imo. Would rather see a plants vs zombies if we're doing a zombie pin. Or perhaps on some more serious note maybe world war z or even resident evil. Further if you're going to do an adult theme with zombies then you need to at least get some sexy curves to offset it so resident evil would be the better option. In short - not keen on a WD theme and wouldn't buy.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Walking dead is losing its luster Imo. Would rather see a plants vs zombies if we're doing a zombie pin. Or perhaps on some more serious note maybe world war z or even resident evil. Further if you're going to do an adult theme with zombies then you need to at least get some sexy curves to offset it so resident evil would be the better option. In short - not keen on a WD theme and wouldn't buy.

RE would be sweet....I loved those flix.... Couple years late tho...

resident_evil_movie_wallpaper9_by_etha.jpgresident_evil_movie_wallpaper9_by_etha.jpg

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

like i said in that thread, i'm not a big fan because it looks too much like a soap opera.

If it's a soap opera, then I am big fan of this kind of soap opera... and I love the 'comic' as well (is there a better word !?). Note that the walking dead is not about zombies... it's about the living!!
So I would love to see it as a Pin... but would not consider it as a zombie pin.

And I would love a zombie pin too!!

#30 11 years ago

I would buy a walking dead pin sight unseen, I don't watch a whole lot of TV or follow shows except this one, one of the greatest shows ever in my opinion. Made me go back and read the comics as well. I could see so much potential for a cool pinball, the one downfall is to make it best it could be they would need to use plots/characters that haven't been seen much or even introduced yet on TV show like Tyreese and Alexandria/Hilltop characters and more recently Saviors and Kingdom. Although I think they have more than enough content to still make it rock. I would be really torn if a comic book or TV version would be better but I'd lean to TV just cause the characters are more recognizable to most and IF a pin was ever done I am certain they would do it off the TV show.

#31 11 years ago

Love the comic books, have not seen the tv show yet. But i would be curious to see the results.

#32 11 years ago

I love the zombies theme and the show Walking Dead, I'm just not sure if WD will translate into a great theme for a pin. I think Resident Evil has more potential.

#33 11 years ago

I'm torn on this one. TWD is my favorite TV show, but I'm not sure how well it will transfer to pinball. I'm in on RAZA which is a bit more of a humerous take on Zombies which seems easier to implement. The more serious take on Zombies via TWD seems more difficult to implement: too light and there's not enough Zombie action, too heavy and it becomes too gory and might alienate some people. I hope it works out, because the show is a gigantic hit and if implemented well, it could be too. The cast is a bit of a revolving door, so it would be hard to base it on characters. Just look at all the love and hate of killing off Andrea. They'll also probably have to cut trigger happy Carl out of it all the way given the recent school shootings. It may seem like a no brainer ( ), but whoever makes TWD will have to be careful how they go forward.

#34 11 years ago

All this talk of Walking Dead and Iron Maiden is just cruel. It's like you're telling a kid, "We'll think about getting a puppy, dear. We'll see..."

#35 11 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the show and never read the comics (I just don't get into any comics...ahem, I mean graphic novels). For the first time today I looked up the walking dead comic online to see what it looks like. I never knew it was in black and white (so THAT'S why they're re-running the episodes in B&W).

I selfishly would prefer a pin based on the show, since it is what I know. I also think they would be smart to follow the show since that's where most of the mainstream popularity has come from. That said, how cool would it be to do it based on the comic in all Centaur-style B&W art? Now that would be sweet and a welcome divergence from the typical photoshop stuff being churned out.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

RE would be sweet....I loved those flix.... Couple years late tho...

My guess is RE will be the first LCD display pin Stern releases. Talk about a huge library of video for the LCD display. Should be awesome!!!!!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My guess is RE will be the first LCD display pin Stern releases. Talk about a huge library of video for the LCD display. Should be awesome!!!!!

Please Stern make it so!!!

Or for that matter anyone, JJP, Skit-B, Heighway i just want a RE pin!

#38 11 years ago

Gore, sex, violence and black comedy? How about Return of the Living Dead? Now THERE is a zombie movie that had it all!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gore, sex, violence and black comedy? How about Return of the Living Dead? Now THERE is a zombie movie that had it all!

The first time my parents ever let me choose a horror movie to rent from the video store, I chose this. One of the best, ultra campy acting, hilarious scenes and lines, just awesome. I hunted down the soundtrack I love it so much. And I still remember one of the neighborhood kids telling me there was a sequel coming out, and me just totally refusing to belive him.

It's not popular enough to be a pin now, but yes, it would have been a great one!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

The first time my parents ever let me choose a horror movie to rent from the video store, I chose this. One of the best, ultra campy acting, hilarious scenes and lines, just awesome. I hunted down the soundtrack I love it so much. And I still remember one of the neighborhood kids telling me there was a sequel coming out, and me just totally refusing to belive him.
It's not popular enough to be a pin now, but yes, it would have been a great one!

Did you ever really listen to the original lyrics of Party Time? Wow, dark.

Yeah, other than the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead, this is my all time favorite movie. Of course with World War Z coming up, well, change IS the only constant.

#41 11 years ago

Please please please don't do a walking dead yet. Who want another unfinished pin, you would think everyone who has an IM would know this. No Mandarin WTF. I want a walking dead pin, but I want it complete. Not just a part of the theme!!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I love the zombies theme and the show Walking Dead, I'm just not sure if WD will translate into a great theme for a pin. I think Resident Evil has more potential.

100% agreed. I'm a huge The Walking Dead fan, but it just wouldn't translate into a pinball machine. There is almost zero humor in The Walking Dead, which is probably my biggest issue with the conversion--it's also just way to character driven to translate into a good theme. I've said it many times, but Zombieland would have been the best "theme" for zombies. It had a good mix of horror and humor; Bill Murray, Twinkies, circus clown zombies, rules and zombie kill of the week. I just think it would have worked.

I'd also really like a cool western theme.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

100% agreed. I'm a huge The Walking Dead fan, but it just wouldn't translate into a pinball machine. There is almost zero humor in The Walking Dead, which is probably my biggest issue with the conversion--it's also just way to character driven to translate into a good theme. I've said it many times, but Zombieland would have been the best "theme" for zombies. It had a good mix of horror and humor; Bill Murray, Twinkies, circus clown zombies, rules and zombie kill of the week. I just think it would have worked.
I'd also really like a cool western theme.

I agree with all this....

Western Theme with comedy?

DeadWood Pinball!!!!

Best (R-rated) callouts ever!!!!!

deadwood2.jpgdeadwood2.jpg

#44 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgRE went down path with the last movie. It was horrible. Return of the Living Dead, Zombieland, The Walking Dead, Romero's movie's, Dawn of the Dead Remake; all are good. If Stern was listening, they may want to secure license for World War Z. Maybe a blockbuster movie!

Any Living Dead based pin that has a mixture of dark humor and survival-seriousness would be a sellout theme! RE, between the Lickers, and those giant axe-weilders, just goes into uber-campy territory, which is why I didn't sign up for BHZA.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190 image.jpgimage.jpg

See? F*ing clown shoes!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

RE went down path with the last movie. It was horrible.

You might be right, but by that same logic, they would never have considered a Predator pinball machine.

The sequels to that moved were absolute trash!

RE, on the otherhand, did have a weak sequel #5, but all the others made money... and there's a #6 in production.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I agree with all this....
Western Theme with comedy?
DeadWood Pinball!!!!
Best (R-rated) callouts ever!!!!!

Ah, Deadwood... that would be a cool one
Was so frustrated by the way it ended...

#47 11 years ago

If this happens My wife may buy me a NIB pin she loves this show

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Ah, Deadwood... that would be a cool one
Was so frustrated by the way it ended...

yup... horrible way to go.

They also promised a feature length movie to tie all the loose ends.... never happened. Bummer.

I loved the Al Swearengen character.... absolute perfection for a cable tv series.
Every once in a while, I see shades of "Seth" in Justified as well...

1 month later
#49 10 years ago

not the biggest fan of most stern machines but i would buy a walking dead pin sight unseen from stern.

#50 10 years ago

Im a walking dead fan but to be fair the writing on the tv show has been horrible since the first season ended. Still a good show but it drags And had the most forced dialogue. The comics are what's good, I buy monthly and in trades for my collection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-the-walking-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.