Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1146804_550570998324719_1767512404_o[1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Transformers-ThePin_Underside_Playfiel.jpg
stress-fry-futurama-300x279.jpg
NotOk.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago

If the reliability claims are true, I could definitely see a niche for this but they would have to get the cost below 2k. Also, it really, really needed a LCD. It would have given it a totally higher end look and appeal. In fact, this product line could have been their jumping off point for LCD since the simpler ruleset wouldn't have required as much programming.

If the playfields were user swap-able so that you could get a new game every couple years, that would be a selling point.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I've played a bunch of WOZ and so far, LCD does nothing at all to improve gameplay (I know, wait until Fall when the game is finished).
I'll take fun gameplay over a bunch of silly animations on a display anyday.

It may do nothing for you personally but I think what matters is the broad consumer perception.
The display technology they used is 40+ years old. Early handheld electronic games in the 70s used it.

I'm also underwhelmed by woz as far as what they're doing with the LCD so far, but one game doesn't break the case for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
2,975 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maricopa, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside