Topic Stats

• 354 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jan 2017 PCC (resized).jpg
17073 (resized).jpeg
Pabst Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax (resized).jpg
Can Crusher at Lymans Tavern Wash DC (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher Philly Event flyer (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher SD Event flyer (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher pinball at Shortys 3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20161026_221122 (resized).jpg
20161026_202700 (resized).jpg
20161026_202333 (resized).jpg
20161026_201816 (resized).jpg
20161025_173149 (resized).jpg
IMG_2080.JPG
Playfield_Promo_Comparison.jpg
Ortho_Promo_Comparison.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this a corporate promo thing like Domino's or are they going for the hipster demographic?

Quoted from o-din:

I wonder now many of the nerdy types are very disappointed with this as a theme selection.
Utter shock, I tell you!

A lot of Pabst drinkers (and hipsters) at my favorite pinball hangout.

Shorty's_(resized).png

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If there's one thing I've learned since I started collecting is if you have games like this, most people would rather play this kind than a more complicated DMD type game. One of the reasons my DMDs are all gone is they were barely getting played because there were now other options.

That's great if you ideally have guests on a regular basis that actually give a shit about pinball. I'm betting that I'm like most collectors though in that the vast majority (i.e. 99%) of time, guests at my house couldn't care less about looking at a pinball game let alone playing one.

Given this reality (along with space and money restrictions), I've learned the hard way that you should focus on buying what you want to play and you'll get a lot more return on your money as well as pinball enjoyment.

I have a big ball bowler for the other 1% of the time.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

looks like the band on the bg is Mastodon ! at least it resembles them !

I don't know either band, but they look more like Red Fang (as was posted earlier in the thread) to me.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well I bought one today and only have one question.....
Is this actual beer or cooled up dog piss?
This beer is absolutely disgusting lol
I saw....I drank.... I almost puked

You're a sensitive fellow. But you sell nice decals!

Chase it with some bourbon. Deeelicious!

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

I can get a 30 pack of Hamm's here in Salem, IN for $11.99... And in my opinion, it's a hell of a lot better tasting than PBR! It's pretty much all I drink anymore.
-Steve

While I don't share your affection for Hamm's beer, I will say one thing for it - I've always LOVED their Scene-o-Rama signs! A nostalgic memory of mine from vacations in Wisconsin as a kid.

4 months later
#295 3 years ago

They are smaller.

Added over 4 years ago: close

1 week later
#298 3 years ago

I was recently pleasantly surprised (but not shocked as they typically get every new Stern LE) to discover a Pabst Can Crusher at Shorty's in Seattle. Pumped a bunch of quarters into it this eve for the second time and enjoyed playing it.

Pabst Can Crusher pinball at Shortys 3 (resized).jpg

#300 3 years ago

Wish it was set for 5 ball play though. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I played it here.

#303 3 years ago

I'm going to try and play it next time when there aren't too many other games being played so I can hear the audio better. What I did hear sounded kind of low budget. And Red Fang seems to be constantly introduced, but is their music actually played?

#305 3 years ago

Okay - had a chance to play again earlier today when things were much quieter at Shorty's and quickly discovered that Red Fang plays in the background throughout the entire game! (Oops)

I have a better overall appreciation of the game's sound now too. There are numerous unique callouts as would be expected, but one in particular that stuck with me was being called a "douche" after tilting at one point!

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

It does show a small discount, to $6399, not sure if that's recent or not.
http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/products/pabst-can-crusher-pinball-machine

That's not recent.

I've really enjoyed playing this game lately and like the overall PBR art scheme better than Whoa Nellie too. So much so that I've actually been contemplating getting one. Then the logic of what I could buy alternatively for the same amount of $ brings me back down to earth.

Still ...

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm not usually one to complain about pinball pricing (I just bought a NIB for $10k) but $6399 seems insane for a game that amounts to 5 pop bumpers and a kickout hole. The art style is really cool though.

Actually - only 4 pop bumpers (the 5th one is "dead") - but WHAT pop bumpers they are!

The game is definitely comparatively simple, but like many EMs (on which it's based), it's damn challenging, a lot of fun, and has a certain allure that keeps you coming back for more. At Shorty's in Seattle, it's set for 3 balls for a quarter and they go fast.

- Tim

#320 3 years ago

We need to get a Pinside group buy together!

#321 3 years ago

Upcoming Pabst Can Crusher party events in San Diego and Philly this week:

Pabst Can Crusher SD Event flyer (resized).jpg

Pabst Can Crusher Philly Event flyer (resized).jpg

#324 3 years ago

Can Crusher at Lyman's Tavern in the "other Washington" (DC):

Can Crusher at Lymans Tavern Wash DC (resized).jpg

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Stay home. Drink #Pabst. Shop online at store.pabstblueribbon.com and use code "PABSTFRIDAY" at checkout for 25% off all orders today!
Bastards took the "can-crusher" off the store today! So much for my brilliant plan

Thanks for the code. Yeah - I had high hopes that Pabst might be discounting it too as part of their Black Friday sale. No such luck as discovered earlier this week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pabst-can-crusher-sold-out#post-3461575

Quoted from Blu:

Thanks for posting this. Been dying to get a feel for it, and to top it off it's a relatively short drive away

You're most welcome. Now go play it - it's a fun game!

#330 3 years ago

Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax in Denver:

Pabst Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax (resized).jpg

1 week later
#333 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As far as I know, the only place you can buy one is the PBR web store, but they temporarily removed it from the site. The price is $6,300:
http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/

Yeah - Pabst temporarily removed it again this past week to fix their checkout process which was incorrectly charging a shipping fee for the game.

Actual price (sadly) = $6,399 + applicable state sales tax. Shipping included in price.

Even Pinsiders with business connections through Pabst have apparently not been able to get much of a discount so far.

#337 3 years ago

- FLASH -

It's my understanding that Stern has now released Pabst Can Crusher games in very limited numbers to their top distributors due to demand. The cost is still comparatively expensive, but less than the Pabst store price. If you're seriously considering buying this game, I'd recommend you call around.

#339 3 years ago

Yes - price is higher than WNBJM's understood $5,300 +/- street price which I know many in the hobby consider to already be way too high.

I supposedly got the last of 3 PCCs allotted to my distributor at nearly $1,100 less than what I would have had to pay through Pabst (including WA state sales tax). I didn't shop around though so prices may vary somewhat.

1 month later
#340 3 years ago

I've really been enjoying my Pabst Can Crusher game - very fun!

Here's a pic and a few videos for those interested in seeing (and hearing) one in a home environment. The first video is a short one just showing the game and the last two are of a couple of games I played on it recently. I have mine set for 5 balls and outlane posts at max gap.

Jan 2017 PCC (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 14.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside