20161026_221122 (resized).jpg
20161026_202700 (resized).jpg
20161026_202333 (resized).jpg
20161026_201816 (resized).jpg
20161025_173149 (resized).jpg
IMG_2080.JPG
Playfield_Promo_Comparison.jpg
Ortho_Promo_Comparison.jpg

There are 354 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wish it was set for 5 ball play though. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I played it here.

Yeah, game is brutally hard. I'm not accustomed to the short flippers. I've been playing it for 3 weeks there I think.

#302 7 years ago

If anyone sees one around on the cheap, let me know ... I'll bring one over to NZ. I think it looks sweet!

rd

#303 7 years ago

I'm going to try and play it next time when there aren't too many other games being played so I can hear the audio better. What I did hear sounded kind of low budget. And Red Fang seems to be constantly introduced, but is their music actually played?

#304 7 years ago

I'm going to try and play it next time when there aren't too many other games being played so I can hear the audio better. What I did hear sounded kind of low budget. And Red Fang seems to be constantly introduced, but is their music actually played?

The audio package is one of the things that makes WNBJM great. Perhaps someone who has a PBR in their home can shoot some video for us?

#305 7 years ago

Okay - had a chance to play again earlier today when things were much quieter at Shorty's and quickly discovered that Red Fang plays in the background throughout the entire game! (Oops)

I have a better overall appreciation of the game's sound now too. There are numerous unique callouts as would be expected, but one in particular that stuck with me was being called a "douche" after tilting at one point!

#306 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm a bug for me:

Ball gets stuck between flipper and middle post and you tilt. It seems you have to power cycle game and put a credit in for the flipper to work again.

#307 7 years ago

I went by the Logan Arcade in Chicago last week to see this machine, but they had it turned off. Stopped by again last night to find it on, and had a good time playing it for a while. A fellow let me know they're having a high score tournament on it on Friday:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1777773352489447/
Top 3 scores win prizes (each prize includes tickets to see Red Fang in Chicago in December).

#308 7 years ago

What Red Fang songs does it play?

#309 7 years ago

Got to play this at a show last weekend. The game looks awesome!!!! Wish they were sub 5K NIB as it really is a great looking and playing game.

#310 7 years ago

Maybe a TILT makes you lose the game, instead of the ball. Very old games used to end the game with a TILT.
Can you start a new game if you have credits on it, or does it erase credits too? Now that would be a bug!

Quoted from ZenTron:

Can anyone confirm a bug for me:
Ball gets stuck between flipper and middle post and you tilt. It seems you have to power cycle game and put a credit in for the flipper to work again.

#311 7 years ago

I keep checking the PBR merch page hoping they will have Black Friday or pre-Christmas 20% or more discount code that works for all their merch (including pinball)... no doubt they would try to get out of that, but the website does say "all sales are final."

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I keep checking the PBR merch page hoping they will have Black Friday or pre-Christmas 20% or more discount code

If they do, be sure to post it up!

Dave.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I keep checking the PBR merch page hoping they will have Black Friday or pre-Christmas 20% or more discount code that works for all their merch (including pinball)... no doubt they would try to get out of that, but the website does say "all sales are final."

It does show a small discount, to $6399, not sure if that's recent or not.

http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/products/pabst-can-crusher-pinball-machine

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Don't forget about sales tax...

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

That's not recent.

I've really enjoyed playing this game lately and like the overall PBR art scheme better than Whoa Nellie too. So much so that I've actually been contemplating getting one. Then the logic of what I could buy alternatively for the same amount of $ brings me back down to earth.

Still ...

#316 7 years ago

I'm not usually one to complain about pinball pricing (I just bought a NIB for $10k) but $6399 seems insane for a game that amounts to 5 pop bumpers and a kickout hole. The art style is really cool though.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm not usually one to complain about pinball pricing (I just bought a NIB for $10k) but $6399 seems insane for a game that amounts to 5 pop bumpers and a kickout hole. The art style is really cool though.

Actually - only 4 pop bumpers (the 5th one is "dead") - but WHAT pop bumpers they are!

The game is definitely comparatively simple, but like many EMs (on which it's based), it's damn challenging, a lot of fun, and has a certain allure that keeps you coming back for more. At Shorty's in Seattle, it's set for 3 balls for a quarter and they go fast.

- Tim

#318 7 years ago

I've really enjoyed playing this game lately and like the overall PBR art scheme better than Whoa Nellie too. So much so that I've actually been contemplating getting one. Then the logic of what I could buy alternatively for the same amount of $ brings me back down to earth.

I'm right there with you, Tim. I really want one of these, but it's a lot of money. If it was $1,500 less, I'd be all over it.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm right there with you, Tim. I really want one of these, but it's a lot of money. If it was $1,500 less, I'd be all over it.

Me too. And I think a lot of others would be in, at a 4500-5000 price point.

Which, let's face it, they could easily hit if they wanted to.

rd

#320 7 years ago

We need to get a Pinside group buy together!

#321 7 years ago

Upcoming Pabst Can Crusher party events in San Diego and Philly this week:

Pabst Can Crusher SD Event flyer (resized).jpgPabst Can Crusher SD Event flyer (resized).jpg

Pabst Can Crusher Philly Event flyer (resized).jpgPabst Can Crusher Philly Event flyer (resized).jpg

#322 7 years ago

Upcoming Pabst Can Crusher party events in San Diego and Philly this week:

The pin is proving to be a really good marketing tool for PBR.

rd

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The pin is proving to be a really good marketing tool for PBR.
rd

Also helps that the game is an absolute blast to play for EVERY SKILL LEVEL.
Such great design, well done Wizzbang

#324 7 years ago

Can Crusher at Lyman's Tavern in the "other Washington" (DC):

Can Crusher at Lymans Tavern Wash DC (resized).jpgCan Crusher at Lymans Tavern Wash DC (resized).jpg

#325 7 years ago

Stay home. Drink #Pabst. Shop online at store.pabstblueribbon.com and use code "PABSTFRIDAY" at checkout for 25% off all orders today!

Bastards took the "can-crusher" off the store today! So much for my brilliant plan

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Stay home. Drink #Pabst. Shop online at store.pabstblueribbon.com and use code "PABSTFRIDAY" at checkout for 25% off all orders today!
Bastards took the "can-crusher" off the store today! So much for my brilliant plan

LOL!!! It was a good plan, but I guess they are smarter than we thought ....

#327 7 years ago

Can Crusher at Lyman's Tavern in the "other Washington" (DC):
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting this. Been dying to get a feel for it, and to top it off it's a relatively short drive away

#328 7 years ago

Does anyone have the game code for PBR? I'm wondering if you can run it in WNBJM similar to what FGY/Shrek owners can do.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Thanks for the code. Yeah - I had high hopes that Pabst might be discounting it too as part of their Black Friday sale. No such luck as discovered earlier this week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pabst-can-crusher-sold-out#post-3461575

Quoted from Blu:

Thanks for posting this. Been dying to get a feel for it, and to top it off it's a relatively short drive away

You're most welcome. Now go play it - it's a fun game!

#330 7 years ago

Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax in Denver:

Pabst Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax (resized).jpgPabst Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax (resized).jpg

1 week later
#331 7 years ago

I want to buy one ? What's the best price I can get ??

Thanks

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I want to buy one ? What's the best price I can get ??

As far as I know, the only place you can buy one is the PBR web store, but they temporarily removed it from the site. The price is $6,300:

http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As far as I know, the only place you can buy one is the PBR web store, but they temporarily removed it from the site. The price is $6,300:

Yeah - Pabst temporarily removed it again this past week to fix their checkout process which was incorrectly charging a shipping fee for the game.

Actual price (sadly) = $6,399 + applicable state sales tax. Shipping included in price.

Even Pinsiders with business connections through Pabst have apparently not been able to get much of a discount so far.

#334 7 years ago

We got one on location here in Nashville now at
Cobra Bar
2511 Gallatin ave
Nashville, TN 37206

17073 (resized).jpeg17073 (resized).jpeg

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was told they are offering all sorts of kickbacks to bring the cost under 5k if you have it in a bar serving pbr

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told they are offering all sorts of kickbacks to bring the cost under 5k if you have it in a bar serving pbr

I'd be willing to serve that swill in my basement if they would let me buy one for $5k ...

#337 7 years ago

- FLASH -

It's my understanding that Stern has now released Pabst Can Crusher games in very limited numbers to their top distributors due to demand. The cost is still comparatively expensive, but less than the Pabst store price. If you're seriously considering buying this game, I'd recommend you call around.

#338 7 years ago

The cost is still comparatively expensive, but less than the Pabst store price.

Thanks for the heads up! When you say "comparatively expensive", do you mean compared to WNBJM?

#339 7 years ago

Yes - price is higher than WNBJM's understood $5,300 +/- street price which I know many in the hobby consider to already be way too high.

I supposedly got the last of 3 PCCs allotted to my distributor at nearly $1,100 less than what I would have had to pay through Pabst (including WA state sales tax). I didn't shop around though so prices may vary somewhat.

1 month later
#340 7 years ago

I've really been enjoying my Pabst Can Crusher game - very fun!

Here's a pic and a few videos for those interested in seeing (and hearing) one in a home environment. The first video is a short one just showing the game and the last two are of a couple of games I played on it recently. I have mine set for 5 balls and outlane posts at max gap.

Jan 2017 PCC (resized).jpgJan 2017 PCC (resized).jpg

#341 7 years ago

Nice work Dude, totally addictive game. I have WNBJM and love it. Would love to throw the PCC code in her one day for a change.

#342 7 years ago

Looks pretty cool, don't really car for the theme.

Could this be a great candidate for a custom re-theme assuming one didn't mind spending the money and if callouts and music could be altered with the pinball browser?

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Nice work Dude, totally addictive game. I have WNBJM and love it. Would love to throw the PCC code in her one day for a change.

+1 to this.

Can the code be backed up from PCC?

2 months later
#344 6 years ago

PBR just tweeted a tax weekend sale of 25% in their store! I tried applying the code PBRTAXDAY to my cart with the Can Crusher in it, and it reduced the price to $4,799.25.

https://twitter.com/pabstblueribbon/status/853001272609316864

6 months later
#345 6 years ago

Anyone willing to send me the PCC code as you can't get it on STERN website
please please please
I love mixing things up

1 month later
#346 6 years ago

Would like the PCC code to. Can someone point me to it..

#347 6 years ago

Trying to find a "SAFE" way to do it and soon as this is figured out will let all know.
Going to be after xmas now.

3 months later
#348 5 years ago

Here's a video that I shot at MGC 2018. This is the first time I have really gotten close to this game. The artwork is stunning!

Enjoy
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem Crew

#349 5 years ago

Respect the bounce.
I have a mate who wants one of these in Australia. No can do apparently
He loves my WNBJM and he ain't getting that!

7 months later
#350 5 years ago

Looking for a Pabst Can Crusher. Hit me up!

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Tired of your existing PBR? Want to raise some cash for a new game experience? Well I'm your man. Hit me up and we'll make a deal!”
2018-12-17
Montecito, CA
Wanted
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 116 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 354 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-the-pabst-can-crusher/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.