Topic Stats

• 354 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jan 2017 PCC (resized).jpg
17073 (resized).jpeg
Pabst Can Crusher at 1up - Colfax (resized).jpg
Can Crusher at Lymans Tavern Wash DC (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher Philly Event flyer (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher SD Event flyer (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher pinball at Shortys 3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20161026_221122 (resized).jpg
20161026_202700 (resized).jpg
20161026_202333 (resized).jpg
20161026_201816 (resized).jpg
20161025_173149 (resized).jpg
IMG_2080.JPG
Playfield_Promo_Comparison.jpg
Ortho_Promo_Comparison.jpg

There are 354 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

New acronym time! PCC

Even though it's not a valid acronym for the game, I feel like we should refer to it as PBRMEASAP

#102 3 years ago

I was just going to post that we had a wooden Pabst sign for years at our house.
And that was it. Lol

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

+1 BILLION for mentioning the classic Midnight Madness

PIN-BALL-SIT-E.. PINBALL CITY!

Cherry point!
how'd you get that?
That's a picture of a chair, so that's chair
That's an E, so that's an E
That's a pin, so that's a point.. cherry point
What about the ball?!
Meh! flip!
YOU IDIOT!

pee-wee-pinball_city_(resized).jpg

#104 3 years ago

This is just promotional thing right, like how American Choppers used to build themed bikes? This is not really the next pin from Stern, I have always thought they are completely out of touch with expanding the market.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

To bad they didn't make the announcement on April 1st. It would have been much more fun

Maybe they will announce the Monster Bash remake on .... April 1st.

#106 3 years ago

Whered the PF & BG pics go?

#107 3 years ago

I figured something like that might happen.

c18e7679fb6095bb7779a65f01ebe0b1cb8acf9d_(resized).jpeg

Oops lost the backglass though.

#108 3 years ago

Apparently with posts #29 and #40 into the "never happened now move along" file...

Looked like a rock concert for zombies in the woods? Really fun yet very strange. I liked it.

But the takeaway I got, from a branding perspective, is "Drink PBR become a zombie". Not sure that's what they wanted. Unless it's commentary about hipsters

#109 3 years ago

Cheers!

2cbd2320c753c10b16eb3208e80a06fd47c833ce_(resized).jpg

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Apparently with posts #29 and #40 into the "never happened now move along" file...

Nice catch. Interesting those posts are missing.

#111 3 years ago

I, myself am not sworn to secrecy.

#112 3 years ago

Information wants to be free

#113 3 years ago

The B&W image looks like a 67 or 68 firebird in the lower right. But the GTO would be way cooler.

#114 3 years ago

An original theme Non DMD....interesting. The BG is all very psychedelic and "the dead" looking with its growing shrooms, purple haze, and skeletal people's. And a flaming skeleton eh??

There are some interesting influences here for sure. I don't get it all but if it's fun than its pinball

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

An original theme Non DMD....interesting. The BG is all very psychedelic and "the dead" looking with its growing shrooms, purple haze, and skeletal people's. And a flaming skeleton eh??
There are some interesting influences here for sure. I don't get it all but if it's fun than its pinball

It's a re-skin of whoa nelly, which was also an original non-dmd.

#116 3 years ago

If I wanted a PBR advertisement in my home I'd just talk to my local beverage disto and get a poster.

I applaud the effort and idea but there is no god damn way I am dropping 5k on anything with a PBR logo on it.

Pass

#117 3 years ago

I like it, but I'm biased. I checked out the same cstom van book from the bookmobile for at least 2 years straight growing up in the early 80's. I'm not sure where in that 2 years I had to start checking it in and leaving it every other week, but I would go through infinite and likely futile and unnecessary complex strateg'ery to wait out the librarian who would put it back on the shelf, then I'd find it, hide it, and keep my fingers crossed for another week, then linger again when it was back to try to 'sneak' it out of the hiding hole.

I'd buy a copy today if I could remember the title but that second to last page in the back, sure won't leave anytime soon.

That said, I don't see this as a PBR theme but more of the PBR 70's lifestyle, theme and like the way it looks. Any other beer wouldn't due. Its a great looking machine and really love the hand drawn art, I like it better than Metallica.

That said, as a hard core van geek, if I had to pick. It would be Whoa Nellie, those hippy chicks don't stand a chance against those farm girls. I'm still glad to see them taking advantage of a simple machine and completed design to produce an alternative machine. I'd like to see more of that, more theme variation, and more risk in theme types. I think this is a stretch and glad they did it. Since were imagining anyway, for the money, I wouldn't hesitate to go for Ghostbusters over either.

Sad when you grow up, even your window shopping has a budget.

#118 3 years ago

I wonder kind of sound effects are going to be in the game.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

If I wanted a PBR advertisement in my home I'd just talk to my local beverage disto and get a poster.

I guess you'll just be sticking with advertising old "b" movies and bands on your pinball machines then?

#120 3 years ago

More pics:

13495048_10209319654924329_7108350694543384793_n.jpg
13497844_10209319655524344_1092487479450261950_o.jpg

#121 3 years ago

This is very cool but we need a Aussie version as well.

CPR12539_487x840px_Pale_Carosel-520x285_(resized).png

#122 3 years ago

Retheme or not I think it looks fricken awesome! I love the colours and art.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

This is very cool but we need a Aussie version as well.

Everyone know that FOSTERS is Australia's beer NOT
Bundaberg Rum is more recognisable as Aussie though, me thinks. At least it has a cool mascot BUNDY BEAR

bundy_b_bear_(resized).jpg

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Everyone know that FOSTERS is Australia's beer NOT
Bundaberg Rum is more recognisable as Aussie though, me thinks. At least it has a cool mascot BUNDY BEAR

Gold ole Bundaberg Fighting Juice!
I'm not a rum drinker but anything would be better than Fosters.

#125 3 years ago

I do believe this kind of theme and pinball layout is definitely the wave of the future. Surprised a day after it's announced it hasn't generated more response. Hard to believe a theme like ghostbusters would get more people enthused than this.

#127 3 years ago

Sasquatch??? Where???Ok saw the layout after I posted.....Bitchin!

#128 3 years ago

Bet this kills it at a bar location

#129 3 years ago

I heard they made around 90 Whoa Nellies...not sure if that's accurate. It could be that they had a lot of parts sitting around and thought a re skin could give the theme a shot in the arm and use up the extra parts. Just a theory.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Bet this kills it at a bar location

I was thinking this right next to a Dominos pin, golden.

LTG : )

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I do believe this kind of theme and pinball layout is definitely the wave of the future. Surprised a day after it's announced it hasn't generated more response. Hard to believe a theme like ghostbusters would get more people enthused than this.

The artwork is cool and I actually like the quirky theme. Already have a WNBJM though so I have no interest in buying the same layout. If it would have been a new playfield design I would be very interested though. I'm just going to have to hold out for the next Wizbang game I guess. This game would look killer in a lot of bars. Probably would eat a lot of quarters.

#132 3 years ago

This thread has me so confused.

Is this really a game or are you guys getting creative with photoshop?

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Picture on Stern's Facebook page, so looks like really a game.

LTG : )

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This game would look killer in a lot of bars. Probably would eat a lot of quarters.

If they mass produced this game and it went on locations everywhere, I think it would be a great earner and truly show that pinball is alive and kicking. Normal people will be able to understand it.

And it will be fun, not tedious like some of the other new games.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This thread has me so confused.

Does it matter? We are on page 3 and still all on the same topic. Beer brings us together.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If they mass produced this game and it went on locations everywhere, I think it would be a great earner and truly show that pinball is alive and kicking. Normal people will be able to understand it.

Can't argue with that. If I've had a long brutal day at work I'm turning on WNBJM or a 1980's Bally for some relaxation, not everything has to be crazy deep or so intense. I never play newer sterns or or 90's b/w games on those days.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Can't argue with that. If I've had a long brutal day at work I'm turning on WNBJM or a 1980's Bally for some relaxation, not everything has to be crazy deep or so intense. I never play newer sterns or or 90's b/w games on those days.

+1 80's Bally pins & excessive alcohol consumption were made for each other. Good times.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

+1 80's Bally pins & excessive alcohol consumption were made for each other. Good times.

Late at night when I'm past the point of no return, it's the 40s and 50s games that I spend hours on. Last night it was 1948's Buccaneer and 1953's Struggle Buggies that took all my nickels. I can see somebody feeding a game like Pabst endless amounts of quarters in a bar location. Kind of like it used to be.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

When PBR was broke ass beer It wasn't a big deal.
Then it got a hipster reboot and it's a thing.
But of course they'll just say they dont really care.

Same thing happened to Point. Stuff sucked ass in the 70's and 80's, now it's a microbrew

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Same thing happened to Point. Stuff sucked ass in the 70's and 80's, now it's a microbrew

Except point makes 1554 which is great. PBR still has a blue ribbon though.

#141 3 years ago

Micky's big mouth. That was the piss beer poison we drank growing up. Now, no clue what's up with it.

#142 3 years ago

I drank quite a bit of Mickey's.

Haven't seen this stuff around in a while though.

WA1731_(resized).JPG

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Games still need to be fun!

Not sure why in the pinside universe themes are 90% of a game's potential...

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Games still need to be fun!

Not sure why in the pinside universe themes are 90% of a game's potential...

Simple layouts with simple goals are the funnest of them all. A cool theme is icing on the cake.

If there's one thing I've learned since I started collecting is if you have games like this, most people would rather play this kind than a more complicated DMD type game. One of the reasons my DMDs are all gone is they were barely getting played because there were now other options. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Now I won't go to somebody's house to play pinball or any location if there is only DMD games. Unless it is their only game. I find most of them monotonous and boring and can think of other things I'd rather be doing with my time.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Everyone know that FOSTERS is Australia's beer

Funny, They did truck loads of advertising in the late 1990's.
Now, how 'bout Castlemaine XXXX Gold?

#146 3 years ago

Love the theme, but if they don't finish/expand/lengthen the code I'm out. Whoa Nellie has a 5 minute rule set and then just starts over.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Funny, They did truck loads of advertising in the late 1990's.
Now, how 'bout Castlemaine XXXX Gold?

XXXX Gold is low % alcohol swill, XXXX full strength ain't bad though. VB ( victoria bitter ) is pretty widely accepted, sort of!
I personally like German/Belgian beer ( Weinhenstephaner Hefe )or a good Aussie Wheat Beer like this

red_back_(resized).jpg

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If there's one thing I've learned since I started collecting is if you have games like this, most people would rather play this kind than a more complicated DMD type game. One of the reasons my DMDs are all gone is they were barely getting played because there were now other options.

That's great if you ideally have guests on a regular basis that actually give a shit about pinball. I'm betting that I'm like most collectors though in that the vast majority (i.e. 99%) of time, guests at my house couldn't care less about looking at a pinball game let alone playing one.

Given this reality (along with space and money restrictions), I've learned the hard way that you should focus on buying what you want to play and you'll get a lot more return on your money as well as pinball enjoyment.

I have a big ball bowler for the other 1% of the time.

#149 3 years ago

Although the theme is unique and kind of cool, the gameplay seems like it would be fun for a few days or so then it's back to another modern machine. Looks like the perfect machine to toss at a location, even one of those hip and cool barber shops that hand out PBR's to patrons. But in a home environment, spending $5k on this would probably not be worth it, in my opinion.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's great if you ideally have guests on a regular basis that actually give a shit about pinball. I'm betting that I'm like most collectors though in that the vast majority (i.e. 99%) of time, guests at my house couldn't care less about looking at a pinball game let alone playing one.

Given this reality (along with space and money restrictions), I've learned the hard way that you should focus on buying what you want to play and you'll get a lot more return on your money as well as pinball enjoyment.

The guests that are heavily into pinball and those that aren't, and myself all seem to gravitate towards the older games I have put together in my collection. One at a time the newer games went away because of lack of play. Now I didn't just put together a cookie cutter selection like many with large EM collections have. They had to be good, challenging machines. And I am very happy with it and don't plan on ever buying another DMD unless the theme and game play really knock my socks off. It doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Electronics
TheDudeMods
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 3.00
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 354 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside