regular-gold (resized).JPG
IMG_4360 (resized).JPG
IMG_4357 (resized).JPG
regular (resized).jpeg
generic-deluxe (resized).JPG
download (resized).png
Pinside_shopitem_7922_2 (resized).jpg
#1 11 months ago

Hello I've been asked if I can make a deluxe "snap on" armor for Sterns the Beatles similar to the ones I already made
(https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order)

I'd certainly be willing to design and make one if there's enough interest. Generally I'd need about 10 people (or more) interested to do this.

If your interested please reply to this thread, also if you interested please please please give me some ideas of what you'd like to see on the armor in terms of cutouts or shape of the armor as I have NO idea what to do for a Beatles theme (maybe a guitar shaped armor?) or maybe a yellow submarine. not really sure.

#2 11 months ago

May be tough to match the gold powder coating well - I’d be happy with clear plastic just to avoid wear around the flipper button area.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

May be tough to match the gold powder coating well - I’d be happy with clear plastic just to avoid wear around the flipper button area.

oh right these are all powder coated aren't they? that's definitely a problem.
I could do clear acrylic in my non-deluxe design (the ones that simulate those generic stern rails
like shown here but laser cut from clear acrylic/plexiglass

that would be easy and about the same price as my regular armor. probably around $50 + shipping per set I'd imagine.
Though with clear plexi I could also make a design and "etch" the plexi to put in some art or logos or someth.ing. though plain would be easiest and wouldn't require a minimum number of people as I'm sure others would want that for other games not just Beatles.

anyway I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else chimes in with ideas. I'm going to be busy with the end of may pre-orders for rush, foo fighters, JP, godzilla and 007 as well as the new Elvira design I'm making anyway for a while. I may also do a avengers too since I already have a non-deluxe design for that and they are doing another AIQ run at stern soon I believe so there probably so It probably would be best for me to do those before moving on to Beatles.

Pinside_shopitem_7922_2 (resized).jpgPinside_shopitem_7922_2 (resized).jpg
#4 11 months ago

If you can’t match the gold color than yes clear would be cool. Need to think what might look good etched.

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you can’t match the gold color than yes clear would be cool. Need to think what might look good etched.

are all the beatles models the same color rails or do they have different rails? if they are the same color I could try to match but I'd need a reference
if they are all one color that would be easier, but I"d still need a reference. I do have a gold LoTR LE if it's the same color but I don't know for sure.

#6 11 months ago

the majority are gold
some platinum
very few Diamond

#7 11 months ago

Hello everyone, my first post! Your idea sounds interesting, brzezicki... I'd be interested and clear units sound great.

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from 4-Square:

Hello everyone, my first post! Your idea sounds interesting, brzezicki... I'd be interested and clear units sound great.

hey 4-square welcome to the forum as a posting member!
thanks for the feedback!

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

the majority are gold
some platinum
very few Diamond

if anyone has or seen an LoTR LE let me know if the gold is the same as the gold on the LoTR. (I imagine they use the same colors but then again it was 15 years ago so they may have different suppliers and colors now) I can try to color match the LoTR gold as I have one that I can use as a reference color

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

if anyone has or seen an LoTR LE let me know if the gold is the same as the gold on the LoTR. (I imagine they use the same colors but then again it was 15 years ago so they may have different suppliers and colors now) I can try to color match the LoTR gold as I have one that I can use as a reference color

Completely Different from each other.
LoTR is plated, giving it a mirror-like appearance.
Beatles is powder-coated with metallic flakes/sparkles.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Completely Different from each other.
LoTR is plated, giving it a mirror-like appearance.
Beatles is powder-coated with metallic flakes/sparkles.

OK thanks @thatguybo, looks like clear acrylic will have to be the way to go.

#12 11 months ago

let me know when ready and I'll place an order.

Perhaps with the standard Beatles logo etched in?

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#13 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

let me know when ready and I'll place an order.
Perhaps with the standard Beatles logo etched in?
[quoted image]

sounds good. it will be a bit before I do these (maybe a month or a little more)
but if I do clear acrylic with the standard design it won't be too much work, I should be able to run even if only a few people are interested.

2 months later
#14 9 months ago

if anyone is still interested in these I can make a clear version basically the same shapes as my regular or my deluxe, cut into clear acrylic with or without the beatles logo" etched in.

let me know.
a clear set of (regular) (right and left) version of the semi-circle would be $45 + shipping
the deluxe would be $80 + shipping

both of these with no logo, I"m assuming logo would be an extra $10 or so as I'm going to screw up a bunch making them for just a one or two off order.

if your interested PM me.
generic-deluxe (resized).JPGgeneric-deluxe (resized).JPGregular (resized).jpegregular (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#15 6 months ago

I just made a set of pseudo powdered coated protectors (they are not really powder coated but match pretty well, not 100% perfect but nice) for my LoTR and realized this would be great for Beatles gold

Here's a video of what the gold looks like (you can see the shine in the video as I tilt it in the light

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwXh9Mg1RApLev3VA

Here's what it looks like on my LoTR LE

if anyone wants these in the round lollipop style I'll sell a set for $50 + $5 shipping. The are kind of a pain to make which is why they are more than my regular lollipop armor ($35 + shipping)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07922-pinbawlers-stern-and-sega-flipper-button-wear-protectors

IMG_4357 (resized).JPGIMG_4357 (resized).JPGIMG_4360 (resized).JPGIMG_4360 (resized).JPG
#16 6 months ago

picture of the gold regular armor... super shiny!

regular-gold (resized).JPGregular-gold (resized).JPG
#17 6 months ago

Looks great!

#18 6 months ago

Here's a picture of the installed gold armor on the Beatles.

DSC03112 (resized).JPGDSC03112 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

10,282 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-the-beatles-deluxe-armor-interest-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.