Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sternnnnnn 006.jpg
same twins.JPG
310732.jpg
image-620.jpg
care bears.gif
stern-star-trek-compare-playfields.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

Yes I love it.

Yes I want my bolder flashers, backbox flashers extra coded. No excuse these aren't active during gameplay.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

When did Stern ever say the asteroids would be interactive? Or the side rails for that matter? They are just cosmetic things. If they were not 'asteroids' and instead just normal hat lights would it be such an issue? Complaining about 'non working' siderail lighting?? what? Before this game, there had never been a production game with animated laser cut siderails at all by anyone. Most of this is the result of getting waaay caught up in the little quibbles that tend to become insurmountable hurdles when the herd effect hits. Almost everything I read that is hyped up as being so critical as to make the game unplayable are in reality just really minor things that you could say about pretty much any game ever made if that's what your mind wanted to do. Can I say the game is a trainwreck because a few lights don't blink or an animation isn't to my taste? nah, not really.

There are flashers inside the asteroids. It's not just a cosmetic thing. They don't light at all unless you go into test mode. Would you expect a dome in a flasher in it to light up at some point during gameplay?
Does it make it unplayable.....No! Should the flashers inside them flash....Yes!
Minor.....yes! Paid for feature at launch.....Yes! Working......No!

You have a Tron LE (in your pinside collection). If the ramp lights did nothing would you care? It doesn't really make Tron unplayable? Does it?

Others are complaining the games code sucks. I don't agree with this personally. If that was the case I would have sold the game already. I love the game, just would like the features of the LE/Premium to actually work.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

Whether or not those asteroids flash is pretty insignificant really. Not fair to compare the main cosmetic feature of Tron to just some flashers that aren't really important Now if you were more fair about it and said there's a mech to move the vengeance and it's not used and compared that to the ramp lights on tron it would be a very reasonable argument. WHen the day comes those flashers actually flash i'm betting most people won't even realize it's happening, just one of those cases where it doesn't do something so it becomes a mental block. I'll be pleasantly surprised the day they do work, but do I look at it every day and get upset that they don't? nah. Now if there was some super important effect visually or to gameplay that's different, but just some enhanced lighting on an already well lit toy? I guess I kinda looked at it like it's really probably not needed, like one of those ideas that seemed good at the time but once the game was actually built became unnecessary so why use it just to use it? The effect if used would be similar to the flashers on sparky in Metallica, not real sure that's necessary in ST but works great for met.
Kinda fun to play the what if game

I don't share your thoughts. Sorry. If they intended not to use them then they shouldn't have made them.

Stern Pinball needs to stop being lazy and get their asses in gear. If people want to keep making excuses for Stern, well that's their problem. I'm sick and tired of their BS. Must be extremely hard to add a few flashers into gameplay. Just excuses for more laziness on the next title.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, really - this behavior goes back to the very first LE with extra stuff - Avatar LE. The AMP suit had coils on each foot so it could "stomp" or "march" ...but no stomping choreography was ever programmed. It just shakes like the one on the Pro.

PA- Pinballs Anonomysus.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-thank-you-for-making-star-trek?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.