3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-29_(resized).jpg
    1147526_10201725919100330_1486672766_o-625x935_(resized).jpg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    stern-spiderman-playfield-hijpg-0d6f5e_(resized).jpg
    stern-spiderman-armorpng-0d6f5b_(resized).png
    stern-spiderman-backglassjpg-0d6f5a_(resized).jpg
    SM1_(resized).jpg
    SM2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    Gary_(resized).jpg
    wally_(resized).jpg
    Wally-Wood-05_(resized).jpg
    incredsf_(resized).jpg
    eef4ceedb54abab7a1a6beebeca45563_(resized).jpg
    image-20_(resized).jpg
    72002701_(resized).jpg

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago

Bad news guys... its 24 VAULT EDITION!

Countdown-24_(resized).jpg

#52 3 years ago

Well I've got 20 bucks so I hope it's not more then that.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

I can confirm. It will feature Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/raccoon eyes Chloe and that crappy Julian Assange villain.

#54 3 years ago

Finally, an announcement for a code update for Orbitor 1. "Shoot Pinball", "Shoot Pinball"

#55 3 years ago

Six K, no pay.

#56 3 years ago

Isn't that clock used in Jurassic World somewhere?

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I've got 20 bucks so I hope it's not more then that.

Enough to play whatever it is on location, awesome!

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from anthony691:

I can confirm. It will feature Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/raccoon eyes Chloe and that crappy Julian Assange villain.

What about a perimeter? Chloe can set that up.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Thats an awesome game, I hope it is.

#62 3 years ago

Excited to see something new. Hope it's Ghostbusters!

#63 3 years ago

I hope it's just another reissued pile of crap with a higher price tag.

Screw anything new.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I hope it's just another reissued pile of crap with a higher price tag.
    Screw anything new.

Hey Vid, you're normally a glass half full kinda guy. They will do new as well as filling the line with reissues. Something for everyone!

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey Vid, you're normally a glass half full kinda guy.

Yeah, half full of shit...

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

Excited to see something new. Hope it's Ghostbusters!

Does the ball come out covered in dorito dust?

No theme sounds more uninteresting to me. Horrible. Personally I'm hoping for Tron as it is one of the higher demand games that I think would sell real well.

#67 3 years ago

Why would Stern use CES to reveal Spider-Man Vault? What's the innovation / new tech in that pin? They revealed WWE there to announce SPIKE as their new system. That made sense. Wouldn't it make more sense to reveal Spider-Man VE at ComicCon?

#68 3 years ago

BBH VE. For sure!

#69 3 years ago

Any buzz is good buzz...CES gets a very large audience

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Why would Stern use CES to reveal Spider-Man Vault? What's the innovation / new tech in that pin? They revealed WWE there to announce SPIKE as their new system. That made sense. Wouldn't it make more sense to reveal Spider-Man VE at ComicCon?

Thats what I'm thinking too, where's the innovative technology? SMVE with lcd color display!

#72 3 years ago

A lot of Spiderman's have been popping up for sale the last few days in locations that are known to have Stern distributors.........just sayin'.

#73 3 years ago

GUYS! What if it's not just one game? What if it's TWO games? One VE and one new game, both using a new lcd color display? Will we be happy then?

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

GUYS! What if it's not just one game? What if it's TWO games? One VE and one new game, both using a new lcd color display? Will we be happy then?

Stern could announce a Toilet Bowl with an LCD and we'd be happy. LCD=Happy pinsiders.

#75 3 years ago

You're a Toiler Bowl, Kaneda!

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

You're a Toiler Bowl, Kaneda!

Edit: You can fix your typo, Kaneda, but you're still a Toiler Bowl!

#77 3 years ago

Hope Stern knocks Spider-Man VE art out of the park. Will they have learned a lesson from GOT?

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Edit: You can fix your typo, Kaneda, but you're still a Toiler Bowl!

I love you.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

HELL YEAH! Don't you dare talk s*** about Chloe!

FS/FT is my 24 Pro... will trade +cash for nib 24LE!!!

#80 3 years ago

Stern will never learn any lessons about what people want. People have been complaining about shitty photoshop composite artwork as long as I've been here, and it's still the status quo because it's cheaper and easier to get done. Stern does what is profitable, not what the people want, and I can't really fault them for that. What I can do is not buy games that I feel are poorly executed.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from boris_37:

Does the ball come out covered in dorito dust?
    No theme sounds more uninteresting to me. Horrible. Personally I'm hoping for Tron as it is one of the higher demand games that I think would sell real well.

I have a Tron and Spiderman so none of those vault editions would add anything to my collection.

#82 3 years ago

BTTF Vault with color DMD, new rules by Lyman and Michael J Fox on the backglass

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Oh would you stop with the logic, nobody here wants to hear that.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Stern will never learn any lessons about what people want. People have been complaining about shitty photoshop composite artwork as long as I've been here, and it's still the status quo because it's cheaper and easier to get done. Stern does what is profitable, not what the people want, and I can't really fault them for that. What I can do is not buy games that I feel are poorly executed.

Well somebody must want the games they put out because they're still crankin out games and people are still buyin um.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Stern could announce a Toilet Bowl with an LCD and we'd be happy. LCD=Happy pinsiders.

I don't like any of the games with toilet bowls on them, and a couple of them have great themes. I hope they don't doom this with another toilet bowl.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh would you stop with the logic, nobody here wants to hear that.

I'm sure you're a witch... Burn him! Dont come in here with your fancy logic!

#87 3 years ago

If it is Spiderman does anyone think that Stern will expand on the games existing rules? If so maybe that is the real reason why Lyman hasn't been the lead programmer on a game since TWD.

Also, what prices are we expecting if it is Spiderman? $5k-$6k?

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well somebody must want the games they put out because they're still crankin out games and people are still buyin um.

That's because most of the power users here are like crack addicts when it comes to new games. You can burn people with pre-order woes and they will still line up the next time one pops up. People just want new and shiny things. But, given the choice between beautiful hand-drawn art and cheap photoshop art, which do you think people would go for? Just because it isn't an option doesn't mean people don't want it. Similarly, just because the "ideal" package doesn't exist, that doesn't mean people are just not going to buy the machine.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

I'm sure you're a witch... Burn him! Dont come in here with your fancy logic!

I'm a guy so wouldn't I be a Worlock? Now you've got me confused.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

KISS is a completely hand drawn art package, and it is awesome.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

That's because most of the power users here are like crack addicts when it comes to new games. You can burn people with pre-order woes and they will still line up the next time one pops up. People just want new and shiny things. But, given the choice between beautiful hand-drawn art and cheap photoshop art, which do you think people would go for? Just because it isn't an option doesn't mean people don't want it. Similarly, just because the "ideal" package doesn't exist, that doesn't mean people are just not going to buy the machine.

Whatever.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

KISS is a completely hand drawn art package, and it is awesome.

For sure, and it's definitely a step in the right direction. I don't have any interest in KISS, or any music themed pins, for that matter, but the art is definitely moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, GOT looks like garbage in the art department, so it's unclear as to what Stern is doing.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

People have been complaining about shitty photoshop composite artwork as long as I've been here, and it's still the status quo because it's cheaper and easier to get done.

The studios supply a Style Book, and Stern is required to use those images.

The studios want a unified image across all media.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

For sure, and it's definitely a step in the right direction. I don't have any interest in KISS, or any music themed pins, for that matter, but the art is definitely moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, GOT looks like garbage in the art department, so it's unclear as to what Stern is doing.

True that. Not sure why the difference between two successive games was so great. I personally don't "hate" GOT's artwork, but it could have been much better.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from anthony691:

I think you are confusing the Mara sisters. Kate Mara, from 24, is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo's sister. Loved her in House of Cards too.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

That is a LCD display in the picture so I think they are revealing a new display in a new machine.

I guess it's just a printscreen of a phone app

gsmarena_190_(resized).jpg

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xaqery:

I think you are confusing the Mara sisters. Kate Mara, from 24, is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo's sister. Loved her in House of Cards too.

Kate is great. I think I discovered her! I was going to use her and Rob Iler from the Sopranos in my film Destination Fame years ago. We did a bunch of publicity photos from clubs around NYC. Sopranos pulled Rob when our production schd got too close to theirs. We lost Kate when her girl band got a big gig around the country.
    .........and I always wondered why she knew so much about football!

Df_kate_mara_Rob_Iler_(resized).jpg

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, what prices are we expecting if it is Spiderman? $5k-$6k?

What does GoT Premium sell for street price? $7,595 MSRP, so what? $6500 shipped or so?

#99 3 years ago

Seems the countdown has not much to do with the pin,
    because it was requested by a fb follower as a comment to the black cover, 1 hour before Stern put the actual countdown...
    req1_(resized).jpgreq2_(resized).jpg

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What does GoT Premium sell for street price? $7,595 MSRP, so what? $6500 shipped or so?

$6600 I think

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 24.50
    There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside