Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

intro-1558739743-1 (resized).jpg
    sdn.gif
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from tkur85:

I applaud this move as i have been waiting patiently for my JP premium build. Hoping they can spend time balancing the scoring on TMNT. Stern said fewer cornerstones, does that include home pins?

The current released home pins are part of the backlog.

#52 2 years ago

It doesn’t matter how many lines or how many games they CAN produce in a week if they don’t have the parts. Doesn’t make sense to keep releasing new titles at a certain point when you can’t catch up on the backlog of orders.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

It doesn’t matter how many lines or how many games they CAN produce in a week if they don’t have the parts. Doesn’t make sense to keep releasing new titles at a certain point when you can’t catch up on the backlog of orders.

That doesn't make sense since they are turning out pins.

They simply have more demand then they have capacity.

#54 2 years ago

I wonder if the production schedule will change for spring? I'm hoping to get my Godzilla Premium in March. Be cool if they added another month of production but I fear those schedules are probably set up way in advance.

Was this announcement on the Stern website?

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

They didn't listen to us. They listened to the thought of having a license but not being able to maximize their profits on said license due to a huge backlog of games with expiring licenses.

Ok NPO got it 100%

This is a business move not a gesture, which is understandable. Stern wants to maximize their expiring licenses and delay others-makes total sense to me. Deadpool is on that list and I know they are selling like hot cakes and that license has to be towards the end of the contract expiration.

I do think it is a hard pill to swallow for some when you buy a new title and have to wait months for delivery. Then another new title is released and you see the new owners glamouring with their new machine while your left holding a bag of Doritos reading Pinside still waiting for the previous title to arrive.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Ok NPO got it 100%
    This is a business move not a gesture, which is understandable. Stern wants to maximize their expiring licenses and delay others-makes total sense to me. Deadpool is on that list and I know they are selling like hot cakes and that license has to be towards the end of the contract expiration.

Makes sense to me!

#57 2 years ago

I'm not sure it's in the right direction, I just think they had no choice. They can't complete their current releases in time. When they secure a license for a new title I'm pretty sure it's only for a limited time, if they can't produce a set about of pins within that time they loose out.

So yea, I don't think they are "listening to us"

#58 2 years ago

I may be in the minority, but I'd rather them crank out *more* titles every year.

6 releases per year with approximately 3k units/title, then spend a couple months at the end of the year re-running the more popular titles.

It employees more design teams, makes Stern more money (as LEs have the biggest profit margin), allows them to streamline their supply stream b/c of the known quantities and is more exciting for the consumers.

Waiting until Aug for the next release just sucks!

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from DoCPooF:

I'm not sure it's in the right direction, I just think they had no choice. They can't complete their current releases in time. When they secure a license for a new title I'm pretty sure it's only for a limited time, if they can't produce a set about of pins within that time they loose out.

They have to be listening to upset customers waiting for games. Easy to understand frustration waiting 6+ months for a game and then see tons of people jump to the front of the line to get new title.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Next they need to step back the pricing. Glad they are putting the effort into producing current releases instead of focusing on future releases that will add to the backlog.

That will never happen in a million years, but it's still nice to dream sometimes...

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

It's a good start. They should cancel the second game of the year as well, fulfill their backlog, and then vault some of the games that have skyrocketed in value in recent years. We really don't need any new games right now. If we could just get the games that we actually want at a reasonable price...

There's a decent shot a lot of folks would jump at the chance to get a brand new TSPP or Tron... Heck I'd even love a chance to get Sopranos, since I finally got around to watching through it at the start of the pandemic... such a great show. There's definitely no shortage of demand.

#62 2 years ago

Where is the announcement?

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from DoCPooF:

They're not listening to YOU. Cause you just got here.
    Now go sit in the corner while the grown ups are speaking.

#64 2 years ago

Think whatever ya want, I don't really give a shit.
    But they ARE listening.
    Of course this was a business decision. Aren't they all?!
    Yes licenses expire and they gotta move! We all know this for you noob mf's.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-takes-a-step-in-the-right-direction/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.