468a8f17fb4da4bdc3df2bc0256b7b66 (resized).jpg
neil-young-by-terry-richardson-for-supreme-0 (resized).jpg
12C396BD-09A8-48F5-9995-96B406BE08F5 (resized).jpeg
lf.jpg
292AD5ED-108D-4C2B-8A83-DB7298F142BA (resized).png
136C1B52-C5A8-4AC2-A8A3-23E32124D427 (resized).png
BE2CB2F1-EB92-48A5-84B7-3845C2048A84 (resized).png
d4dafbd834ecc67b9666e869edc0eebb_listingImg_IHnxpLv5Dg (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 4 years ago

Does Supreme actually make anything or do they just slap their dumb logo on things? Maybe if Supreme actually made the pinball machine, it might be a little more impressive. I understand other licensed themes, like rock bands, for instance. They made music that people liked and that music is incorporated into a pinball machine with other band-related imagery and toys. But Supreme? So, it's a brand that's about a brand? Is that pretty much it?

#272 4 years ago

Supreme can only exist in an era where "Kardashian Culture" reigns supreme (no pun intended). Famous strictly for being famous. Pop culture has always been frivolous to a certain extent, but in the past something occasionally groundbreaking and "all-time" would occur like The Beatles.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That “era” has always existed!
Unless you think Zsa Zsa Gabor was a great actress?

Is that really a fair comparison? The Kardashians are at the top of the shit heap, unfortunately.

Quoted from o-din:

It also seems to exist in an era and place where outdated and obsolete culture reigns supreme. A culture I never knew existed until pinside.

Are you sure you're not VID in disguise? He too was an old guy that thought he had a finger on the pulse of the youth. And if you're referring to the Beatles as obsolete, bad choice. A 50 year old album (Abbey Road) with outtakes reached #3 in the U.S. and #1 in the U.K. on the Billboard 200. Again, what has Supreme created to justify its popularity?

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No. But I have found out with many people, it is quite normal to stop accepting or seeking out any new culture after high school. While with others age 30 is the magical number.
Others like myself and I'm sure vid is as well, it never stops.

Well, at least in pinball, you actually get something. And with a well-themed pinball based on something creative, like music or a movie, you actually have fun things to do in the game related to that theme. So, I suppose the Supreme pinball truly illustrates the point that Supreme is about nothing. What do you do in that game?

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe first off it takes coin drop to play. Next up you push the start button. Then you use the flippers and nudging skills to score as many points as you can with the main goal of earning a replay or putting up a high score. Maybe even getting multiball. All the while lights are flashing and it is making cool sounds. And not being attached or representing gawd awful music or a movie from 30-50 years ago.
Certainly a game about nothing. Pinball is and never was about anything like that.

There are certainly some questionable movie themes in pinball, but which Stern are you referring to is based on "gawd awful music from 30-50 years ago"? Now I will say that a gawd awful pinball was made for The Beatles. Stern completely squandered the greatest license they ever had on that. I'd probably rather play a Supreme.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yup, super rare is what people pay for. It has nothing to do with a pinball machine. It's just another item in the supreme catalog.
My wifes uncle was a well off land developer. He had a Ferrari that was one of three. 7 figure car. The money meant nothing but damn did you hear about there's only 3 of these cars made.

Right, but GM didn't make the car and then have Ferrari slap their name on it. Ferrari actually makes high-end cars. What exactly does Supreme do again besides con people with a name?

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:Nothing, and that’s the beauty of it.

"The beauty of it" as in you admire their gall or that you really think they've done something fantastic?

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I am officially out of touch. I already knew that but this auction is confirmation.

That's because when you grew up, there was something actually called "shame" and it was ingrained into you. I would say that we're blessed. Others would say that we're cursed by it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-supreme-pin-up-for-auction-minimum-bid-20000?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.