468a8f17fb4da4bdc3df2bc0256b7b66 (resized).jpg
neil-young-by-terry-richardson-for-supreme-0 (resized).jpg
12C396BD-09A8-48F5-9995-96B406BE08F5 (resized).jpeg
lf.jpg
292AD5ED-108D-4C2B-8A83-DB7298F142BA (resized).png
136C1B52-C5A8-4AC2-A8A3-23E32124D427 (resized).png
BE2CB2F1-EB92-48A5-84B7-3845C2048A84 (resized).png
d4dafbd834ecc67b9666e869edc0eebb_listingImg_IHnxpLv5Dg (resized).jpg
There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 4 years ago

The real question is will the new owner bring to expo?

#402 4 years ago

Only 6% of Pinsiders were correct in guessing it's worth. Congrats, you win nothing but a supreme pat on the back (which could be worth a couple of hundred dollars if you have a Supreme bumper sticker in your hand).

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Well, that lack of auction activity was a supreme disappointment.

HA!

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I guess we now know what someone is willing to pay for one of these at auction.

Not really.

I stood behind a guy who bid $5100.00 for a Game Plan Cyclopes. It shipped to a California buyer for $5200.00 + any other costs.

A few weeks later, a Cyclopes sold at auction in Washington state for $3,000.00. You never can tell.

But, yeah, this auction probably threw some cold water on other people who own this pin.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But, yeah, this auction probably threw some cold water on other people who own this pin.

The used out of the box part is probably what killed the value of this one.

#406 4 years ago

I guess I am really curious now who won this bid and where the Supreme machine will be located. Also wondering if they will actually play the game. I bet it will disappear from public viewing.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not really.
I stood behind a guy who bid $5100.00 for a Game Plan Cyclopes. It shipped to a California buyer for $5200.00 + any other costs.
A few weeks later, a Cyclopes sold at auction in Washington state for $3,000.00. You never can tell.

Auction prices are a funny thing.
They are not necessarily a direct indication of what the market value is on an item.
What they are an indication of is what two people (high bidder and underbidder) were willing to pay for that item on the day of the auction.

#408 4 years ago

38750 for one super brand pin. Or 38750 for 5-6 HUO premiums. Hmmmmmmmmm
I’m glad to have friends and family who would be more impressed with option 2.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

For a lot of people, it’s all about having what no one else does.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yup, super rare is what people pay for. It has nothing to do with a pinball machine. It's just another item in the supreme catalog.

My wifes uncle was a well off land developer. He had a Ferrari that was one of three. 7 figure car. The money meant nothing but damn did you hear about there's only 3 of these cars made.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I get it, but for me rare items also have to be cool to have appeal. If the rare item is tacky or lame then who cares?

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I get it, but for me rare items also have to be cool to have appeal. If the rare item is tacky or lame then who cares?

I’m with you, but the guy who paid $38,750 seems to care.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m with you, but the guy who paid $38,750 seems to care.

True. I wonder if it would make a difference to him to learn it's basically a re-skinned $3k home pin. I'm guessing it wouldn't make a difference. There's some odd brand loyalty with this company. Seems like they can slap their logo on anything and get big bucks.

#414 4 years ago

True. I wonder if it would make a difference to him to learn it's basically a re-skinned $3k home pin. I'm guessing it wouldn't make a difference. There's some odd brand loyalty with this company. Seems like they can slap their logo on anything and get big bucks.

The brand doesn’t make sense to me, but most of my children’s friends love it (ages 10-16).

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yup, super rare is what people pay for. It has nothing to do with a pinball machine. It's just another item in the supreme catalog.
My wifes uncle was a well off land developer. He had a Ferrari that was one of three. 7 figure car. The money meant nothing but damn did you hear about there's only 3 of these cars made.

Right, but GM didn't make the car and then have Ferrari slap their name on it. Ferrari actually makes high-end cars. What exactly does Supreme do again besides con people with a name?

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Right, but GM didn't make the car and then have Ferrari slap their name on it. Ferrari actually makes high-end cars. What exactly does Supreme do again besides con people with a name?

Nothing, and that’s the beauty of it.

#417 4 years ago

I wonder if o-din won it. I have not seen him here today and he did change his avatar to the supreme logo a few days ago.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No offense but I'm sure the person who bought this doesn't give a shit about your opinion or money. Also, they might have 5-6 HUO Premiums too for all we know. LEs more likely. Option 3.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:Nothing, and that’s the beauty of it.

"The beauty of it" as in you admire their gall or that you really think they've done something fantastic?

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

That's my bid.

So, did you end up winning this? It seems the winning bid was $31,000 and then with fees we ended up at the higher amount.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I didn't buy this pin to impress my friends and family; I bought it to get laid.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I didn't buy this pin to impress my friends and family; I bought it to get laid.

Will this get you more laid than the immamaculate Baywatch?

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I bought it to get laid.

My girlfriend does not like those colors(red and white), so it would have not helped me.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Do let us know how that goes. Hope it's a real panty-dropper.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

"The beauty of it" as in you admire their gall or that you really think they've done something fantastic?

I admire the skills of selling for 1000$ a piece of cloth that cost 5$ to make.

Selling one is not easy but keeping it going for a decade with an audience that’s volatile by nature is very impressive.

#426 4 years ago

as i always say "title is everything" . not game play, not art, not sound. you start to throw non pinballers in the mix who have money and are buying based on name alone and sky is the limit.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I’ve dont dumber shit to get laid.
Maybe not as expensive, but certainly dumber.

#428 4 years ago

I am officially out of touch. I already knew that but this auction is confirmation.

#429 4 years ago

So it seems that at least 12 of these were made. Let's do a quick count:
1. Sunshine Laundromat
2. BNL Ed Robertson
3. @afm95
4. @asoa
5. @datschwandt
6. @freegoldwatch
7. @maplesyrup
8. @mike_j

#430 4 years ago

So you still don't get it?

#431 4 years ago

Anyone who has to get their pinball machine at Rent-a-Center will not understand this,

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from motorbreth77:

Actually I think his comment shows he gets it completely.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from motorbreth77:

$3k for the home ed. pin
$1k for the new DMD dots
$34.75k for the rare, pinball-sized Supreme stickers

What’s not to get? If you’re into pinball and don’t care about Supreme this seems crazy. If you’re into Supreme, whether or not you care about pinball, this just might make sense.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So it seems that at least 12 of these were made. Let's do a quick count:
1. Sunshine Laundromat
2. BNL Ed Robertson
3. @afm95
4. @asoa
5. @datschwandt
6. @freegoldwatch
7. @maplesyrup
8. @mike_j

I think Stern confirmed 100 were contract produced to be distributed by Supreme.

Also it's amusing how many people in this hobby want to talk shit about other collectors. People in glass houses and all that.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think Stern confirmed 100 were contract produced to be distributed by Supreme.
Also it's amusing how many people in this hobby want to talk shit about other collectors. People in glass houses and all that.

I doubt Supreme released all of them to the market.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They gave some away to cronies/skateshops/bars.

I'm pretty sure the one on location at Max Fish bar downtown NYC was a freebie.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I bet they did. That company is lean by design. They take an Apple like approach of minimizing how much merchandise they have in the channel. If they still have any, it's very few.

I would think they probably sold maybe half of them in private deals with their most loyal customers, select restaurants/bars/offices/etc conducive to "the brand", and then let their fanbase fight for whatever scraps were left.

#438 4 years ago

I’ll tell you what. I’m not sure how long Supreme will have before people move on, but that’s a hell of a ROI and it’s got me interested.

#439 4 years ago

I am less shocked by this than someone paying $87K for a piece of tiny piece of cardboard https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/28/17625830/magic-the-gathering-black-lotus-auction-sold

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I know what you mean. If I wasn't married, I'd be throwing out the "I have a Star Trek Premium pinball machine" line all the time. I'd be up to my neck in T & A.

With the fanatical following this stuff generates, "I have a Supreme pinball machine" will probably have them fighting over you. Lucky bastard!!

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I am less shocked by this than someone paying $87K for a piece of tiny piece of cardboard https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/28/17625830/magic-the-gathering-black-lotus-auction-sold

Not that shocking when you realize there are high stakes Magic tournaments where that card is legal. I have a friend who occasionally wins major tourneys. He's won at least $50k over the years. (Probably spent as much on cards, traveling, etc... but you get the idea)

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I am officially out of touch. I already knew that but this auction is confirmation.

That's because when you grew up, there was something actually called "shame" and it was ingrained into you. I would say that we're blessed. Others would say that we're cursed by it.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not that shocking when you realize there are high stakes Magic tournaments where that card is legal. I have a friend who occasionally wins major tourneys. He's won at least $50k over the years. (Probably spent as much on cards, traveling, etc... but you get the idea)

Oh I get it but hey, a beat $500.00 BL works just as good in play as a $87,000 9.5/10 one

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Damn. Was every part gold plated?

Richie Rich was ha ha!

#445 4 years ago

So has everybody recovered from their heart attacks yet?

#446 4 years ago

Lol no. Still some old farts who don’t get it...

I remember when I told these clowns it worth 35k...yep ahhhh

#447 4 years ago

The jewelry and the hat on the dude in the commercial is all you need to know about who the Supreme brand appeals to:

At least one thing about the Supreme brand is cheap - the card on the apron shows 1 play for a $.25 or 5 plays for $1.

Also, is the dude trying to twist the flipper button at 0:25 in the commercial?

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Lol no. Still some old farts who don’t get it...
I remember when I told these clowns it worth 35k...yep ahhhh

Definitely a case where apparently the whole is worth substantially more than the sum of its parts (at least to one person in the world).

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Definitely a case where apparently the whole is worth substantially more than the sum of its parts (at least to one person in the world).

Well duh. Pretty sure same is true for every new pin.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The jewelry and the hat on the dude in the commercial is all you need to know about who the Supreme brand appeals to:

How about on the aging rock star?

"Keep on rockin' the Supreme world..."
neil-young-by-terry-richardson-for-supreme-0 (resized).jpgneil-young-by-terry-richardson-for-supreme-0 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-supreme-pin-up-for-auction-minimum-bid-20000/page/9?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.