468a8f17fb4da4bdc3df2bc0256b7b66 (resized).jpg
neil-young-by-terry-richardson-for-supreme-0 (resized).jpg
12C396BD-09A8-48F5-9995-96B406BE08F5 (resized).jpeg
lf.jpg
292AD5ED-108D-4C2B-8A83-DB7298F142BA (resized).png
136C1B52-C5A8-4AC2-A8A3-23E32124D427 (resized).png
BE2CB2F1-EB92-48A5-84B7-3845C2048A84 (resized).png
d4dafbd834ecc67b9666e869edc0eebb_listingImg_IHnxpLv5Dg (resized).jpg

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like a financial advisor

More specifically, a bad financial advisor. This machine could easily be worth $1,000 as early as next year.

Upside is very limited, risk is high.
Not an investment profile I'd recommend to a client.

#102 4 years ago

Supreme has taken our hobby and the money we spend on it's legitimacy to a whole new level. And research tells me their pinball machine is one of the most expensive and desirable items in their line not just ours. Sounds like a win win to me.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Supreme has taken our hobby and the money we spend on it legitimacy to a whole new level. And research tells me their pinball machine is one of the most expensive and desirable items in their line not just ours. Sounds like a win win to me.

Meh. It's still a dog-shit pinball machine. Nobody here needs to play it to know that. Re-skinned Spider-Man Home pin? No thanks.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Re-skinned Spider-Man Home pin?

We all know that.

However SMHE layout is a good shooting game, and perfect for the job. Found a better use than another rehash of a cartoon we watched in the 60s. Plus this model takes coins.

You want a good example of prioritized software? Find the code download for Supreme.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like a financial advisor

Thank you. I am not a financial advisor, bur think about money a lot.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

More specifically, a bad financial advisor. This machine could easily be worth $1,000 as early as next year.
Upside is very limited, risk is high.
Not an investment profile I'd recommend to a client.

This collectible has a higher upside than most pinball machines out there (TBL, etc.). The value is not that it is a pinball machine or a particularly good pinball machine. The value is that there is an extremely limited and expensive product that is unique in a collection of limited products that a hot company releases on a semi annual basis. The fans of this company have disposable income and want to have the weirdest, most limited collaboration that this company (Supreme) puts out. I know it is hard for pinball people to grasp this, but stop thinking of it as a pinball machine. I’d speculate that this sells for 36-40k before buyer’s premium.

#107 4 years ago

Just to explode some of your heads

6F822F70-BF27-4DCF-B59D-A0CFBEE5AF93 (resized).png6F822F70-BF27-4DCF-B59D-A0CFBEE5AF93 (resized).png
#108 4 years ago

Cant wait for... Supreme Multiball!!!

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just to explode some of your heads[quoted image]

That trunk is the most expensive Supreme item to ever sell. It went for $104,218 USD.

#110 4 years ago

I personally find it sad that someone has enough money to buy a 104k trunk, yet many American's struggle to afford housing. I'm a skater and I hate everything supreme stands for.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I personally find it sad that someone has enough money to buy a 104k trunk, yet many American's struggle to afford housing. I'm a skater and I hate everything supreme stands for.

Didn’t realize they were a skateboard company, must have been back before they got into the money printing business.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn’t realize they were a skateboard company, must have been back before they got into the money printing business.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#113 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This collectible has a higher upside than most pinball machines out there (TBL, etc.). The value is not that it is a pinball machine or a particularly good pinball machine. The value is that there is an extremely limited and expensive product that is unique in a collection of limited products that a hot company releases on a semi annual basis. The fans of this company have disposable income and want to have the weirdest, most limited collaboration that this company (Supreme) puts out. I know it is hard for pinball people to grasp this, but stop thinking of it as a pinball machine. I’d speculate that this sells for 36-40k before buyer’s premium.

I genuinely hope that Supreme succeeds with this bid offering and is wildly successful.
Perhaps they can draw in new people that have enough money to make a difference.
There will likely be maintenance opportunities for these people also...
That Supreme machine is going to need maintenance just like any other pinball machine and these people will not likely be doing that.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I genuinely hope that Supreme succeeds with this bid offering and is wildly successful.
Perhaps they can draw in new people that have enough money to make a difference.
There will likely be maintenance opportunities for these people also...
That Supreme machine is going to need maintenance just like any other pinball machine and these people will not likely be doing that.

For context, this is a 3rd party sale. I think 12 of these machines were made, and they sold out instantly. From what I have read about Supreme, they limit everything that they release, and do no re-release their products.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Supreme has taken our hobby and the money we spend on it legitimacy to a whole new level. And research tells me their pinball machine is one of the most expensive and desirable items in their line not just ours. Sounds like a win win to me.

Most insightful comment. The game play is literally irrelevant at this level. This is Stern creating desire in hearts and minds for more games, at a wealth level that assures that if someone wants one, they will learn they can easily buy a new one with a theme they like.

#116 4 years ago

^^^^ This guy gets it.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just to explode some of your heads[quoted image]

That Vuitton trunk is pocket change. Supreme needs to up its game..

How about a diamond encrusted chessboard for $370,000.00?

To play chess with, this setup is absolutely worthless. But some rich bastard will buy it to set on a shelf that is close to his Surpreme pinball machine. It is Show and Tell, folks.

This is the same ilk as those lawn chessboard setups which are equally worthless for playing a game of chess with (kind of like the Hercules pinball machine).

https://luxurylaunches.com/other_stuff/fancy-a-solid-gold-diamond-encrusted-chess-set-for-370000.php

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.24.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.24.48 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.32.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.32.51 AM (resized).png

As someone who plays chess occasionally, I can tell you that the best chess board to play chess with is just the regular old style pieces that are about 2.5" high.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.26.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.26.46 AM (resized).png

All I can really say is that is must be nice to have enough money to be able to afford this stuff or even buy a car that is so rare you plan to never drive it. Sort of like pinball machines that will never be played.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.40.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.40.38 AM (resized).png

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

^^^^ This guy gets it.

Kind of.

It's not Stern doing anything, except accepting a contract from a customer and delivering what they ordered. Just like another loathed project around here that everybody took as a symbol of how much Stern despises and resents us, Primus.

Don't get cheer or jeer Stern on these projects. Take it up with Supreme. Take it up with Primus.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kind of.
It's not Stern doing anything, except accepting a contract from a customer and delivering what they ordered. Just like another loathed project, Primus.
Don't get cheer or jeer Stern on these projects. Take it up with Supreme. Take it up with Primus.

You are correct.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Breaks my heart too.

We should probably all sell off our pinball collections and donate the money to charity.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Breaks my heart too.
We should probably all sell off our pinball collections and donate the money to charity.

Misery loves company. We can all be in the poorhouse together. And discuss the collections we used to have.

#122 4 years ago
6DC181B0-F283-496F-824D-1D9FA298EE2A (resized).jpeg6DC181B0-F283-496F-824D-1D9FA298EE2A (resized).jpeg
#123 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

That trunk is the most expensive Supreme item to ever sell. It went for $104,218 USD.

Note that a « standard » LV trunk sells for 70k so the Supreme premium is fairly low compared to the pinball.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Note that a « standard » LV trunk sells for 70k so the Supreme premium is fairly low compared to the pinball.

Good point.

However, the fact that slapping "Supreme" on a LV trunk gives it 150% more value says something about Supreme as a brand.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Breaks my heart too.

Touché, I guess I really just hate what the brand stands for and the culture that surrounds it. I'd rather own a pinball machine than a branded brick..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'd rather own a pinball machine than a branded brick..

Well there's no accounting for taste!

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I guess I really just hate what the brand stands for and the culture that surrounds it.

Sure it is a pricey brand, but to me what it stands for and for many of the faithful, is sort of a tribal thing. A tribe that is involved in modern counterculture and does not conform to the norm. Exactly the way Supreme goes about marketing.

Money does have a way of overshadowing that though. The bigger it gets, the more in common it does have with the norm. I do however like the spirit of the thing.

#128 4 years ago

I though we were going to get together and start counterfeiting Supreme pinball machines by re-skinning SM home games.
I wonder if the Hardtop guys could do an overlay? All we would need then would be decals.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I though we were going to get together and start counterfeiting Supreme pinball machines by re-skinning SM home games.

As mentioned earlier, where does one find the code to download?

And also is the cabinet the same? Could it be retrofited to take coins? Backbox looks to be different as well. Supreme has a DMD, does SMHE?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure it is a pricey brand, but to me what it stands for and for many of the faithful, is sort of a tribal thing. A tribe that is involved in modern counterculture and does not conform to the norm. Exactly the way Supreme goes about marketing.
Money does have a way of overshadowing that though. The bigger it gets, the more in common it does have with the norm. I do however like the spirit of the thing.

How is supreme counter culture?

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

How is supreme counter culture?

Was a time when skateboarding alone was counterculture. Apparently in the pinball world, it is now. Besides Supreme, what was the last game that represented skateboarding at all? Or any other kind of extreme sport.

Plus Supreme is a brand many in the hip hop community proudly display. One could argue if that is counterculture or not today, but at one time it certainly was.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And also is the cabinet the same? Could it be retrofited to take coins? Backbox looks to be different as well. Supreme has a DMD, does SMHE?

Game would need a new cabinet, a DMD, software update, new plastics and playfield, and of course cabinet decals, and of course it would all have to work.

Seems like a pretty big project involving two machines everybody here hates and nobody owns.

May as well just retheme a Jubilee to Supreme.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Was a time when skateboarding alone was counterculture. Apparently in the pinball world, it is now. Besides Supreme, what was the last game that represented skateboarding at all? Or any other kind of extreme sport.
Plus Supreme is a brand many in the hip hop community proudly display. One could argue if that is counterculture or not today, but at one time it certainly was.

There is no counter culture in 2019.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is no counter culture in 2019.

I thought I was part of pinside's counterculture.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I said "counterfeit", not "duplicate". Just close enough to fool the uninformed bidding on Ebay.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I said "counterfeit", not "duplicate". Just close enough to fool the uninformed bidding on Ebay.

You just need a picture of the machine or box for that.

Supreme buyers may be dedicated, but nobody said they were all very bright.

#137 4 years ago

I think most here would agree this is overpriced and silly money, but we’re also not the market for it either.

I also don’t care what people spend their money on. If it makes them happy then so be it. Just don’t ask me to help you pay for it. I got my own stupid shit to buy and waste my money on.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are Pinside's counterculture.

LTG : )

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I got my own stupid shit to buy and waste my money on.

Yes, I see you have four LE pinball machines in your collection. But Supreme is a true LE.

Quoted from LTG:

You are Pinside's counterculture.

I was waiting on that! lol. I was going to say Lloyd and I are pinside's counterculture

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I see you have four LE pinball machines in your collection. But Supreme is a true LE.

Haha. Correct.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was waiting on that! lol. I was going to say Lloyd and I are pinside's counterculture

Ha! Love the SUPREME avatar! Lolololol

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's official now !

dogcigar (resized).jpgdogcigar (resized).jpg
#143 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Lot of people on here are stuck in their ways. Supreme valued at a billion dollars is worth what, 15x the entire pinball market? Maybe 20x? You don’t have to like their product but you should respect the brand and business they have built.

Until they turn out to be WeWork and drop 80%+ in value in 6 months once people get wise to the ridiculousness of some of these valuations...just because someone values a fad company at $1B doesn't mean it's actually worth that much...

#144 4 years ago

The thing with supreme is they don’t sell initially for such high prices. It’s the resale on the collector market that drives their prices up. It also looks like they team up with manufacturers and have their name put on the products to sell. I’m not interested in what they’re selling but it seems to be working. They also seem to make a very limited amount which helps drive up prices.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Until they turn out to be WeWork and drop 80%+ in value in 6 months once people get wise to the ridiculousness of some of these valuations...just because someone values a fad company at $1B doesn't mean it's actually worth that much...

Check my earlier post. Carlyle Group already bought in last year for half for 500M. One thing to be valued at a certain price, another entirely when somebody signs on the line and hands over that type of money.

Not taking up for Supreme at all and think it is ridiculous. However, it does not change the fact that they are very profitable and have been so for many years.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Check my earlier post. Carlyle Group already bought in last year for half for 500M. One thing to be valued at a certain price, another entirely when somebody signs on the line and hands over that type of money.
Not taking up for Supreme at all and think it is ridiculous. However, it does not change the fact that they are very profitable and have been so for many years.

Admittedly I haven't looked into their history at all but that doesn't change my argument in purely hypothetical terms. Softbank pumped billions into We Work which is what set their value at $47B earlier this year (it wasn't just made up...we'll, it was actually is the problem, but there was true money behind it - someone saying I'll pull up billions of dollars because I think they are worth more than that).

Someone pumping $500M into a 25 year old company for 50% ownership also makes me strongly question why this super profitable brand needs to give up 50% of their company unless they are also concerned they are way overvalued and should bring in cash while they can...If they took on $50M for 5% that's one thing...

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Admittedly I haven't looked into their history at all but that doesn't change my argument in purely hypothetical terms. Softbank pumped billions into We Work which is what set their value at $47B earlier this year (it wasn't just made up...we'll, it was actually is the problem, but there was true money behind it - someone saying I'll pull up billions of dollars because I think they are worth more than that).
Someone pumping $500M into a 25 year old company for 50% ownership also makes me strongly question why this super profitable brand needs to give up 50% of their company unless they are also concerned they are way overvalued and should bring in cash while they can...If they took on $50M for 5% that's one thing...

Hypothetical terms is where this all falls apart. Everybody knew that WeWork had too much of a multiple. That is why when people did their diligence the IPO imploded. SoftBank is taking over them for a much more reasonable multiple.

A quick search in the fashion industry is illuminating. Lord and Taylor got bought this year for 100M. Finish Line got bought for 558M. Christian Dior got bought in 2017 for 13.1B. Coach bought Kate Spade for 2.4 B and Stuart Weitzman for 574M. These are all major brands. For Supreme to be valued at 1B with a cash infusion of 500M from Carlyle speaks to their relative strengths and perceived value. As to why they took outside investment, you will have to look into that. It could be that they wanted to cash out, it could be that they wanted to gear up for horizontal expansion or acquisition (the whole fashion industry is going through big M&A right now), it could be a lot of things. Regardless of what any of us on a pinball forum thinks, fashion people thing Supreme is a big deal and putting their money wear their mouths are.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Put a Supreme sticker on it.

Good to go!

DSCN6483 (resized).JPGDSCN6483 (resized).JPG
#149 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good to go!

shouldn‘t the sticker be vertical?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
58,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Electronics
Pinballrom
Electronics
There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-supreme-pin-up-for-auction-minimum-bid-20000/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.