468a8f17fb4da4bdc3df2bc0256b7b66 (resized).jpg
neil-young-by-terry-richardson-for-supreme-0 (resized).jpg
12C396BD-09A8-48F5-9995-96B406BE08F5 (resized).jpeg
lf.jpg
292AD5ED-108D-4C2B-8A83-DB7298F142BA (resized).png
136C1B52-C5A8-4AC2-A8A3-23E32124D427 (resized).png
BE2CB2F1-EB92-48A5-84B7-3845C2048A84 (resized).png
d4dafbd834ecc67b9666e869edc0eebb_listingImg_IHnxpLv5Dg (resized).jpg
There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 4 years ago

This game looks like a generic bore.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Not really sure why so much hate?

Sour grapes.

I think jealously play a factor.

People seem to get POed when something moves beyond their reach financially.

"I can't afford it so it is no Fking good. You can afford what I can't so that makes you a piece of shit and an idiot. All sour grapes.

#53 4 years ago

All the people into supreme have now been exposed to pinball and may seek out more games at barcades and such.

I'm just guessing, but I doubt that the $40,000 Supreme Pinball buyer hangs out at the local "barcade".

#54 4 years ago

I have to admit that if I saw a supreme machine at a store or other location, I would probably deposit $1 to play the machine one time, just to see what all the fuss is all about. It would be worth a dollar just to find out for myself... If it has a high score maybe I could get my initials in the Supreme position.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I have to admit that if I saw a supreme machine at a store or other location, I would probably deposit $1 to play the machine one time, just to see what all the fuss is all about. It would be worth a dollar just to find out for myself... If it has a high score maybe I could get my initials in the Supreme position.

That's more than I am willing to spend on all these recent pinball games with themes I can't relate to or haven't cared about since the last century.

I will play a ball or two for free just to see how they shoot, but they aren't getting one more single dime of my money. As much as I love pinball, I'm not that desperate. And I certainly won't be supporting any of it any more.

Bring on the 21st century! It's almost 20 like years in now...

#56 4 years ago

Ok, so someone please explain to me what the "supreme" thing is all about. Is it just a word that someone put on something and people thought it looked coke, er I mean cool? Or does it have some sorta other meaning that I don't know about. I mean, why are they paying so much for the word supreme?

John

#57 4 years ago

Urban necessities bought one for each of their 2 stores at 35k each.

How much is it to play? It would only be fitting if it was $20 per play.

#58 4 years ago

Taco bell sells a supreme for a few bucks. Either way, it would taste alot better than this t..d , and as far as gameplay goes, crumble up the wrapper from the taco and use as a ball.

#59 4 years ago

Urban necessities bought one for each of their 2 stores at 35k each.

Depreciable asset, $70K they won't have to pay taxes on, once depreciated sell for and claim a loss and thus shelter even more tax money?

#60 4 years ago

That thing is Fugly!

#61 4 years ago

We had this exact same conversation over 15 pages last year.

Yes, we know you could easily "buy 10 new Stern pros!!!" or "5.5 JJPs plus two WPCs plus an EM project!!!" for the same price.

We know you think it's ugly and stupid and anybody who wants one is dumb. We know you are old and have never heard of Supreme before and don't understand why people are paying $1000 for a Supreme brick. Count me among those fogies who had literally never heard of Supreme before this happened.

But there's somebody who wants this and will pay for it. Their dumbness doesn't change it. Project was an unqualified success for both Stern and Supreme and everybody who bought one is happy.

Here's the thread! Whatever your brilliant thoughts on this game, they've been stated 20 times already here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine

#62 4 years ago

If the Supreme pin is too expense, you could always try to win this Supreme bolt cutter - you know, to steal a Supreme pin bolted to the floor.
lf.jpglf.jpg

#63 4 years ago

Imamaculately Supreme

Imamculate (resized).JPGImamculate (resized).JPG
#64 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Supreme bolt cutter

$10K starting bid?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

How much is it to play? It would only be fitting if it was $20 per play.

It’s 1$. They run monthly contest, high score of the day gets invited to play again last day of month. High score on that day takes half pool in store credit other half goes to store.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Depreciable asset, $70K they won't have to pay taxes on, once depreciated sell for and claim a loss and thus shelter even more tax money?

If I was an operator I’d depreciate all my Games to zero and sell them for cash on the side.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I don’t find it worse than putting 25k in a Magic girl that doesn’t work.

On the other hand..at least Magic Girl is pretty to look at.

#68 4 years ago

This guy looks about the age of pinside's demographic. Looks way cooler than wearing an aligator golf shirt or a members only jacket.

C57N1EDWUAAqQM6 (resized).jpgC57N1EDWUAAqQM6 (resized).jpg
#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Ok, so someone please explain to me what the "supreme" thing is all about. Is it just a word that someone put on something and people thought it looked coke, er I mean cool? Or does it have some sorta other meaning that I don't know about. I mean, why are they paying so much for the word supreme?
John

Here are two articles from GQ that get into Supreme. TLDR: Billion dollar streetwear company. Carlyle Group paid $500M last year to buy half the company. Huge in Japan.

Stop thinking of this pinball machine as a pinball machine. It is a very limited, very big, very expensive collectible that just happens to be a pinball machine.

https://www.gq.com/story/supreme-billion-dollar-valuation

https://www.gq.com/story/inside-supreme

#70 4 years ago

What an abomination, ugly af.

#71 4 years ago

Here is one of the Supreme forums, where you can go on there and tell them how cool Ghostbusters, Munsters, Jurasic Park, and Willy Wonka are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/supremeclothing/

#72 4 years ago

If there weren't an "How about a (another tired, lame theme) pinball" post here everyday, I'd believe some of this ire. But, as it stands, most people on here aren't about innovative gameplay as long as it's a theme they're clamoring for.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This guy looks about the age of pinside's demographic. Looks way cooler than wearing an aligator golf shirt or a members only jacket.

And he's got a Stüssy windbreaker! Didn't know those guys were still around, or maybe he's into vintage.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This guy looks about the age of pinside's demographic. Looks way cooler than wearing an aligator golf shirt or a members only jacket.[quoted image]

I like alligator shirts... And that guy has on what appears to be photo gray glasses that look a lot like mine. He has a nice shave and looks like a respectable guy to me... He also has a Supreme hat, which I don't have, so he must have friends or something. I usually just wear hats that I get for free.

#75 4 years ago

This is spot on.
Most people think it’s crazy to collect pinballs.
Pretty ironic that collectors in a niche market think other collectors of a niche market are idiots...smh
Not really sure why so much hate? I thought all pinball was good. All the people into supreme have now been exposed to pinball and may seek out more games at barcades and such.

Except you can actually play a pin. People pay hundreds of dollars for a brick with Supreme on it. That's not niche, thats just plain stupid.

Screenshot_20191023-130417_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191023-130417_Chrome (resized).jpg
#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

People pay hundreds of dollars for a brick with Supreme on it.

Here in the Chicago area only high class muggers hit you in the head with a Supreme brick before taking your wallet and cell phone.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Except you can actually play a pin. People pay hundreds of dollars for a brick with Supreme on it. That's not niche, thats just plain stupid.

With the brick, at least you can put it away in a box. Or take it out if you want to show it off.

With new $10,000 pinball machines, you are pretty much stuck looking at it no matter how terrible the rendition, or outdated or lame the theme. And that, I wouldn't want to show off to anybody.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With the brick, at least you can put it away in a box. Or take it out if you want to show it off.
With new $10,000 pinball machines, you are pretty much stuck looking out it no matter how terrible the rendition, or outdated or lame the theme. And that I wouldn't want to show that off to anybody.

Classic dorm-room trick, prop your mattress legs up on a few of those Supreme bricks and you can wheel your new Stern game right underneath to hide it when company comes over.

#79 4 years ago

I remember ~ 7"ish" years ago, right about the time phone apps started to become popular some dude wrote a program that specifically gave a background of a precious gem. IIRC the application cost $6k. No shit, $6K for something that DUMB. Guess what? A couple Hollywood folks bought it. Paris Hilton was one of em. Someone with more money than brains will buy this as well. This is nothing short of a status symbol.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Classic dorm-room trick, prop your mattress legs up on a few of those Supreme bricks and you can wheel your new Stern game right underneath to hide it when company comes over.

Funny!

I find it's easier not to own them than to try to hide them. Not just theirs, but the entire industry as it is now. Embarrasing shit for sure.

Not that I overly care what other people think, but I'm the one that would have to look at them everyday and then figure out how to get rid of them. Haha.

Nothing against antiques, but any around my house are going to be authentic and period correct.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I remember ~ 7"ish" years ago, right about the time phone apps started to become popular some dude wrote a program that specifically gave a background of a precious gem. IIRC the application cost $6k. No shit, $6K for something that DUMB. Guess what? A couple Hollywood folks bought it. Paris Hilton was one of em. Someone with more money than brains will buy this as well. This is nothing short of a status symbol.

I guess if you have a lot of money, you can purchase things that most people might not consider.
When you have just enough money to live a normal existence, things take on a different perspective.
The background on my phone can be changed on the settings, but I never considered purchasing something custom to make it unique to my phone.
Just not on my list of things to do...
The phone works and the screen is not cracked and I guess I am satisfied with that.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

My phone works and the screen is not cracked and I guess I am satisfied with that.

Just try not to Dent it.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just try not to Dent it.

I get that a lot...

#84 4 years ago

I was pretty much ready to pull the trigger, until I noticed the power cord was black. I'd certainly expect Supreme red or white--an obvious cheap out by Stern, I'm out!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm just guessing, but I doubt that the $40,000 Supreme Pinball buyer hangs out at the local "barcade".

I tend to agree with you, however, there are the outliers. Henry Ford II, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, like to hang out in the longshoremen's bars.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I tend to agree with you, however, there are the outliers. Henry Ford II, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, like to hang out in the longshoremen's bars.

I'll be darned if you didn't just nail an upcoming pinball theme sure to have more people here foaming at the mouth than Supreme.
download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll be darned if you didn't just nail an upcoming pinball theme sure to have more people here foaming at the mouth than Supreme.
[quoted image]

Can you imagine the background sounds you could have with grandma playing the spoons?

===================================

Actually, I'm thinking Stern should produce a pinball called The Elevator. It would have 5 levels and the ball would ride the elevator up to each level. But for this tall/high of a play field the play field glass would be at a steep angle, so for short people a pair of gold plated drywall mechanic stilts would be an option to buy. This model would be to the answer for all of those who were unhappy with the Stern Beatles build that has only one level and no ramps.

The Elevator would have ramps galore. It would look like a high rise parking garage. Lots of room to stuff and shovel play field toys all over the place. It would be something that would make Rube Goldberg proud.

If The Elevator worked, Stern could follow up with The Elevator II. It could have 6 levels instead of only 5.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Actually, I'm thinking Stern should produce a pinball called The Elevator. It would have 5 levels and the ball would ride the elevator up to each level. The Elevator would have ramps galore. It would look like a high rise parking garage. Lots of room to stuff and shovel play field toys all over the place. It would be something that would make Rube Goldberg proud.
If The Elevator worked, Stern could follow up with The Elevator II. It could have 6 levels instead of only 5.

Sounds cool, I’m in. Oh wait, no basement? I’m out

#89 4 years ago

All seriousness aside, with the price these Supremes are fetching and the fact nobody else has stepped up to the plate in the last 20 years to make a similar cutting edge pinball theme, it really makes me appreciate my No Fear all the more.

Not sure what to do with the hat though.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#90 4 years ago

Put a Supreme sticker on it.

#91 4 years ago

Like it or not, a Supreme pinball machine has probably one of the higher ROI’s compared to any other machine out there. Buy it, sit on it a few years, and flip it. Easy money.

#92 4 years ago

It's a bit long, as it's the whole show, but Patriot Act covered the topic of Supreme last year and it's quite informative and funny.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Like it or not, a Supreme pinball machine has probably one of the higher ROI’s compared to any other machine out there. Buy it, sit on it a few years, and flip it. Easy money.

Yep

Time has moved on with new popular trends and collectables like Supreme.

Always cracks me up when the naysayers come out in full force. Calling people that collect what they and millions of others like idiots and such.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Except you can actually play a pin. People pay hundreds of dollars for a brick with Supreme on it. That's not niche, thats just plain stupid.[quoted image]

$400 toppers that don’t interact with the game are so much cooler lol

But yes the brick is an odd one

#95 4 years ago

i have a Full Throttle that is bricked, any takers?

#96 4 years ago

$400 toppers that don’t interact with the game are so much cooler lol
But yes the brick is an odd one

Actually the brick makes more sense than a lot of the crap I see people spending money on to throw in or on their pinball machines. At least it has some resale value.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep
Time has moved on with new popular trends and collectables like Supreme.
Always cracks me up when the naysayers come out in full force. Calling people that collect what they and millions of others like idiots and such.

Lot of people on here are stuck in their ways. Supreme valued at a billion dollars is worth what, 15x the entire pinball market? Maybe 20x? You don’t have to like their product but you should respect the brand and business they have built.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Lot of people on here are stuck in their ways.

3e6pkw (resized).jpg3e6pkw (resized).jpg
#99 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Well I mean..lots of people think that about 10k pinball machines..but here we are...

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You sound like a financial advisor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-supreme-pin-up-for-auction-minimum-bid-20000/page/2?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.