Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lens1956031_1291585594will_ferrell_cow.jpg
    3961447_f520.jpg
    trust.jpg
    hsclock_004.jpg
    91Xb22U8NXS._AA1500_.jpg
    nomnom12.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I think it was on IRC yesterday where I actually thought of a rule based on a discussion we were having.

Is there a pinball channel where some industry programmers/designers hang out? I'm sure some of us would rock IRC again if that's the case I haven't in about 4 years.. think Sparkfun had a channel that would get some interesting hardware discussion but then I reformatted for the billionth time and never bothered to get back on.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Keefer, why are you spending time on here? Jack should have you locked in a room with your computer to finish WOZ.....wait? Are you locked in a room, do you need food? Not going to let you out until you are done but I will bring food. I am kidding of course, keep up the posts. It is good to hear facts from you.

Keefer is a dedicated pinball man.He works all day and in his free time He still talks pinball!

#103 11 years ago

I've got Borg, SR, and Stern on my FB, I don't think they're totally blacklisted from posting. But there are specific things they seem to not be able to speak on. Maybe DMD's are one of them.

As far as being banned for profanity.. Well, FB isn't just for college kids anymore, so there are lots of young kids that might like a game company and these people within the company all have kids themselves, they don't want their kids seeing this kind of interaction.

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I quote, "It's f$&king 2012 why don't you use LCD instead of DMD" was the comment on facebook.

The OP also said he knew about social media and was responsible for a car dealership program. "That wizard should know better!"

#105 11 years ago

I've generally just made positive comments on their FB, but they have removed at least 2-3 of my posts in the last few months. Not one of those posts should've been considered negative in any way. I can't remember them exactly, but I think each one either commented on a feature or one of the many vague posts they make to start the rumor mill. It's their page and they can do with it what they want, but it is a very childish way of doing business. They are the only business FB page that I've ever seen remove negative comments (and many just shouldn't even be considered negative). They are thin-skinned like 95% of the country has become. Weak in the USA. We need to get strong again.

#106 11 years ago

I've seen other businesses do it, it's the monolith mentality. If the king eliminates all the people that speak negatively of him, no one thinks he's a bad king, right??

#107 11 years ago

It's about the apropriateness of the medium.

Raining on someone's parade in a very public outlet like Facebook is just considered poor form. Especially when you know a team of people that have dedicated their lives to pinball is trying to have a very proud moment.

I'm sure they appreciate constructive criticism when channeled through the proper outlets.

#108 11 years ago

Gotta believe there is a better way for Stern handle the "marketing" side despite what people might say or how they say it....after all, the worldwide market of potential NIB buyers is about 6-8k?....and maybe that is too high....I really don't think that what someone posts, either positively or negatively is going to have a whole lot of impact on a persons decision to purchase a NIB for 7k....

The pin market is experiencing a HUO NIB explosion thanks to JJP..........and Stern has raised his quality to meet the high end demand.....

The "on location" pin world is a disaster and pitiful mess. And if that doesn't change, pinball is destined to die a slow death over the long run as the "pinheads" die off and/or move on.....

#109 11 years ago

If they didn't like your comment, they could have simply responded with...."great question, but too early to tell " or simply deleted it, but to ban you....really?

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from Metalpin:

They are the only business FB page that I've ever seen remove negative comments (and many just shouldn't even be considered negative). They are thin-skinned like 95% of the country has become. Weak in the USA. We need to get strong again.

I do not think that is a correct comment that they are the only business that removes them. It may be the only one you have seen, but far from the only one. I do agree that they go WAY to far with the editing to protect their image.

On the thin skinned, I know what you are trying to say and I think you are leaving out half of that issue. People say things now to others (especially online) that we never considered 20 years ago. Basically it seems we are thin skinned when in reality the people are actually just rude IMO.

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

If they didn't like your comment, they could have simply responded with...."great question, but too early to tell " or simply deleted it, but to ban you....really?

Look at "mnpinball" post one the second page of this thread and you will see why he was banned.

#112 11 years ago

The fact that Jgel seems to have suddenly and abruptly disappeared is fascinating.

#113 11 years ago

Also aside from his post which clearly deserved to be removed I can also understand. Anning the guy who host the hate Stern FB page. It's not as complicated as people are making it. Plus read the entire thread. What he did hear is not OK either.

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

The person posted:

"It's f*cking 2012 why don't you use LCD instead of DMD"

and you want Stern to reply with "great question" ??

They rightfully banned him.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The fact that Jgel seems to have suddenly and abruptly disappeared is fascinating.

Isn't it though?! You try and decipher the problem with the information you have and of course support the Pinside brethren and this is how it goes down? I humbly apologize to anyone here who may have been bothered by any of my posts and I apologize to Stern for thinking they were the jerks and the ones at fault.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I quote, "It's f$&king 2012 why don't you use LCD instead of DMD" was the comment on facebook.

Well I was gone for the night and this turned fast. The above quote is NOT my quote in anyway shape or form. I am trying to find my exact quote, but since it was deleted I am not able to find it. It was in NO WAY a profane comment.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Just gone for the night. I didn't know this had turned into a issue over night.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

As far as being banned for profanity..

If I has used profanity, I would be more than fine with a ban. Posting profanity on a FB page for a company is more than inappropriate.

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The person posted:

"It's f*cking 2012 why don't you use LCD instead of DMD"

and you want Stern to reply with "great question" ??

They rightfully banned him.

I would agree 100% Not my post. Trying to catch up on posts

#120 11 years ago

Just gone for the night.

Too late.

trust.jpgtrust.jpg

#121 11 years ago

Do you host a hate Stern FB page? Could be a mix up with another person?

#122 11 years ago

That's fair, I leave after work and come back the next day at the beginning of the NEXT day 12 hours later.

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I do not think that is a correct comment that they are the only business that removes them. It may be the only one you have seen, but far from the only one. I do agree that they go WAY to far with the editing to protect their image.
    On the thin skinned, I know what you are trying to say and I think you are leaving out half of that issue. People say things now to others (especially online) that we never considered 20 years ago. Basically it seems we are thin skinned when in reality the people are actually just rude IMO.

I said they were the only business that "I have seen" do it. It would have been a stupid and naive statement to have said no one does it. I do agree that people are more rude, but I think everyone is overly sensitive now too. The more Authority figures bring attention to and police things like that, the more people will rebel and make things worse. Everyone is stuck in a Middle School/teenager way of reacting. The more you bring attention to a bully, the more that person will bully. Just look at our forums on Pinside and RGP - the bullies are fed constantly and they have become the entertainment. We are now in the media overexposure/YouTube generation.

#124 11 years ago

Man,Is this thread ever gonna go away or what....

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's about the apropriateness of the medium.
    Raining on someone's parade in a very public outlet like Facebook is just considered poor form. Especially when you know a team of people that have dedicated their lives to pinball is trying to have a very proud moment.
    I'm sure they appreciate constructive criticism when channeled through the proper outlets.

Agree with this, but they pull statements that are in no way offensive or derogatory towards them. Some definitely should be pulled, but not the simple questions about upcoming projects. When they posts their little misleading photos of a Muppet (etc) to stimulate conversation, why pull a question when someone is just asking what they meant by it.

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Man,Is this thread ever gonna go away or what....

Any thread that you don't open and read, goes away.

#128 11 years ago

It is absolutely his stern sucks facebook page. Proof on the page comparing it to this thread. It just seems a little wrong because the OP does not own a stern.

#129 11 years ago

Why exactly are we believing the FB webmaster for stern over a fellow pinsider with 10k in karma when the Stern webmaster has a history of pulling comments for no reason whereas the OP has no such history here (that I can recall)?

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from Metalpin:

Any thread that you don't open and read, goes away.

People posting is what I meant,He screwed up and That's it...He made a mistake

#131 11 years ago

OK to clarify a little bit. My original post on their page was not made yesterday. I made my post a month ago or more. At the time I noticed it was deleted. I thought it was strange and moved on. Then yesterday I went to post a comment on one of their pictures and realized that I had been banned. This was not all done at the same time or the same day. Maybe I was banned at the time of my post being deleted and didn't realize it until yesterday.

#132 11 years ago

This was not a post meant to stir up a huge debate. It was just me being frustrated at being banned from their page for no apparent reason. Back to work.

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

OK to clarify a little bit. My original post was not made yesterday. I made my post a month ago or more. At the time I noticed it was deleted. I thought it was strange and moved on. Then yesterday I went to post a comment on one of their pictures and realized that I had been banned. This was not all done at the same time or the same day. Maybe I was banned at the time of my post being deleted and didn't realize it until yesterday.

Classic !!

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Stern Pinball Sucks
    19 hours ago
    I just noticed that I have been banned from comments on the Stern Pinball facebook page. After I asked if they were planning on using something other than 20 year old DMD's.

Stern Pinball Sucks
    June 25
    People are slowly finding this page. I wonder how many people have received poorly made games and have no idea that there are so many people out there.

#135 11 years ago

I'm just waiting for the boobs

3961447_f520.jpg3961447_f520.jpg

#136 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

It was just me being frustrated at being banned from their page for no apparent reason.

OK, although you are hurt that you got banned; will not posting on Stern's Facebook make any change in your life?

Do you need to post anything on their FB?

Do you have questions that could not be answered by calling their phone number?

I like Stern games, but I can't think of any reason to post on their FB page...ever.

#137 11 years ago

I'm just waiting for the boobs

lens1956031_1291585594will_ferrell_cow.jpglens1956031_1291585594will_ferrell_cow.jpg

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

OK, although you are hurt that you got banned; will not posting on Stern's Facebook make any change in your life?

Do you need to post anything on their FB?

Do you have questions that could not be answered by calling their phone number?

I like Stern games, but I can't think of any reason to post on their FB page...ever.

Nope.

Nope.

Cool. And your correct, not needed. As I said it was more a rant on the ban.

#139 11 years ago

OK issue has moved way off course. Not what I intended or planned. PM me if you have any questions or I can clarify. Just close this thread.

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Just close this thread ...

Ask and ye shall receive.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sucks-again-i-have-been-banned-from-stern-facebook/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.