You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181024_144713 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181024_144653 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello to everyone.

I have a problem at my Stern Striker Xtreme I recently bought, maybe there is someone here who can help me.

It has a brand-new Dale-Vishay Plasma DMD (previous owner put it in, i would have bought an LED one, but anyway).
He was never able to get it working and was confused, because the previous Display worked fine (but had a crack), so he sold it to me.

The new one doesn't do a thing. It stays complete dark when I switch the game on.
I also don't have another DMD machine available right now, where I can test it because I mainly collect System11.

I measured all the Voltages going straight to the DMD:
Pin 1 to Ground: -115V
Pin 2 to Pin 1: 11,6V
Pin 6 to Ground: 5,06V
Pin 7 to Ground: 0V as it is not required vor Dale Displays.
Pin 8 to Ground: 70 V
Pin 8 to Pin 1: 185V

Regarding to the Manual, all the Voltages are correct.
The Display controller Board also get's 5V and has Ground Connection to the DMD.
All other Ground Wires are connected to the board.

Both Ribbon Cables (the small one going from the Controller Board to the DMD and the Large one going to the Main Board) were replaced by me. (in correct direction)

I think the Problem is somewhere at the Logic-Part, since the Power Supply is good.
Since I had no result, I started pushing at all the Logic boards, to see if there is a loose connection somewhere or a bad Solder joint. No result.
After that, I programmed a new EPROM and put it in, still nothing.

Are there known problems at the Whitestar Display Controller Boards ?
Is the maybe the CPU 68B09E gone bad ?

I would really appreciate a helpful answer. Thanks.

IMG_20181024_144653 (resized).jpgIMG_20181024_144653 (resized).jpgIMG_20181024_144713 (resized).jpgIMG_20181024_144713 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-striker-xtreme-dmd-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.