IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 4 years ago

Cant wait to see this game, should be a good one! Such a good theme.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Please don’t attack me or the information I was given. I’ve never attacked you or anyone on this forum. I’ve spent $3M with this distributor this decade. I’m an amusements operator. They have no reason to lie to me. I stated what I was told.

Dude seriously? You've spent 3 million dollars on this stuff and you dont even know that stern doesn't make games for CGC? Sorry but I'm calling total bullshit on you.

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Damn, chuckwurt you are in full-on super hyped mode for this one. I hope the trough of disillusionment isn't too extreme when the reveal actually happens.

Chuckwurt has some of that Who Dey type hype going on! He must work for Stern i bet!

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Why are you even following and posting in this thread then?

Because when you're a clown that's what you do!

#818 4 years ago

I'm really excited about this game because it's an awesome theme but man is it realistically going to be able to live up to JP2? Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This issue isn't acceptable on a $6k pro either. The JP with the chipping is from a newer build as it has the no artwork area around the post near the upper right flipper. The below pic is of the original playfield that has artwork around the same post. I'm not sure either if Stern is putting higher quality versions of playfields on premium / LE models.
I just don't want to deal with this issue on a $9k purchase. It seemed like this issue was resolved but apparently its still possible even on games that don't feature artwork around posts.
[quoted image]

Panzer you ain't buying no damn Stranger Things game anyway, who do you think you are fooling??? Lmao..take that shit to the Jurassic Park thread. I find it hilarious how you never point out any JJP games with defects..I swear to God sometimes I wonder if you arent Jack himself. What a fanboy you are!

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, I just don't like people making up lies about things I've posted to the point of harassment. It's not cool.
As I said I did email two distributor today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. Everything I've read about Stranger Things in the This Week in Pinball article sounds exciting. I know Who-Dey will say I'm a JJP fanboy but there's reason I haven't purchased a Wonka after purchasing all prior JJP pins. I don't think there's a lot toy wise on the game and I'm not a fan of the way the assets have been used.
Stern has stepped it up with several of their games, most recently Jurassic Park. I was ready to place an order for a JP premium but now want to wait and see how Stranger Things looks. I also like how Stern has lowered their most recent LE counts. 500 is still high but better then 800, or JJP's insane LE counts. Some sense of rarity is still retained at 500 games.

Panzer if I was harassing you, you would know it trust me because I'd be in Michigan looking thru your window with my Jason mask on holding a machete. I'm just messing with you though because you do this with every game that comes out and you ARE a JJP fanboy I dont care what you say lol.

I actually am harassing you but it's in playful manner so just lighten up and quit bashing Stern. Everyone here knows that you're in love with Jack so stop trying to hide it!

All kidding aside though there's no guarantee that you are going to get a good playfield unfortunately. I'm not comfortable buying right this minute either. Gotta see how I get taken care of on my games first but I may very well want a Stranger Things game myself.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not talking to you anymore Who-Dey, you made my blood pressure go up! It's hard to tell emotion through text, sorry I took what ya said as you being an asshole to me lol. Hope Stern takes care of ya and makes things right.

Dude listen just so you know for future reference. If I live to be a hundred I'm going to be messing with you that long lol. You are just too easy of a target buddy. It'll never be anything personal, I just like f*cking with you!

I do still think you're a JJP Fanboy though

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s all good. Most of us may have issues with people on here from time to time, but in the end if you met them in person it’s a different story. Who-Dey is the first person I ever talked to on pinside. I have his cell if you want to prank him. Lol

Yeah its 1-800-FANBOY-PANZER HAHA

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

im really hoping I dont have to wait long for a premium.... Does stern always pump out PROs first?

The wait is usually worth it. It gives you time to decide if the extra features are really worth it and the extra features are usually worth waiting for. It also gives them time to get some bugs worked out and it will give you time to see how the playfields are holding up as well. Good things (usually) come to those who wait.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have one real pin so far and its a deadpool premium. Money isnt the issue. My impatience is!

Yes that sucks having to wait but there's really nothing you can do about it. If this is kind of a dream theme I definitely recommend that you wait and get the xtra features. You will be glad that you did.

#1092 4 years ago

Looks pretty interesting to me. Nothing new or spectacular but it definitely looks fun and all of those inserts makes me curious also as to how they will be used. I would be interested if not for being scared of the playfield quality but it just concerns me too much to spend that kind of money right now. Nice game though for sure.

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

So is chuckwurt stuck in the upside down.

I just sent him a text and didnt get a reply. He's probably out riding his bike thru the neighborhood pretending to be Will.

1 week later
#3638 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Playfield looks like garbage! Dozens upon dozens of what appear to be bubbles or pit marks, clearly some really poor clearcoat,

Those are called dimples. Are you new to pinball?

#3890 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Great example because MET is such a great game, the music doesn't matter - my wife is not a fan of Metallica but MET is her favorite pin of all time.
I really hope Stranger Things ends up being a game that is primarily loved for the layout + code and not just the theme itself. Because if it's the latter that will be a disappointment.

I wont go as far as saying I hate Metallica the band but I really dont like their music at all except a couple of songs that are just ok to me, but MET the pinball machine is amazing and I'd never even consider selling mine.

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Pro seems like the way to go on this one. Save the extra cash

Why? Dont u want the projector and the magnetic ball lock? I sure would!

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think you need to buy an Alice Cooper game if you want that. Spooky has a few left.

I have a friend that owns a ACNC and I actually like that game a lot. First Spooky gane that I've ever liked but I still wouldnt buy one.

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think you need to buy an Alice Cooper game if you want that. Spooky has a few left.

Oh I see what u did there. I meant magnetic ball LOCK lol

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

the clear doesn't dimple on the inserts because the inserts themselves cant dimple. the clear is supposed to prevent the wood from dimpling, and it's not. we're not saying the clear itself is dimpling, just that proper clear prevents the wood from doing so.

Please dude just stop!! This is a Stranger Things pinball thread, not the Stern playfields suck thread.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Lol- The clear coat on our cars paint jobs is to prevent door dings, right ?

Yes it does. I took a hammer to my car the other day and it didn't even put a mark on it.

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im way behind on the thread.....will we see some footage of the premium today?

I hope so but as others have said, its probably going to look a lot better in person than it does on camera. Im not gonna freak out if the camera doesn't display the projector well.

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doubtful. The only pain with convention centers is not being able to lift a finger to set stuff up. It's been a while since I've done CES, but at the LACC you have to have the union guys do EVERYTHING, and they get really pissed if they catch you doing stuff yourself that "takes" that job from a union guy. It's a huge pain.

Yeah F*ck those union guys, nothing but a bunch of lazy asses.

#4035 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone with firsthand experience with this knows this is truth. The whole "if it requires a tool (ANY tool) to install you can't do it and have to wait for a union guy to show up" is total nonsense. No one is trying to put them out of a job, just trying to apply a little real-world common sense. It's especially critical at move in and teardown.
It got better for us at LACC once we figured out which union guy was the tattletale and treated him like royalty. But it took us a few shows to figure out how to work the system so the dumb parts were not enforced as much.

Well I AM a union guy.....not hardcore pro union but I am a union guy and it sucks when people rag on those lazy ass union workers. That's a fucking myth that union workers don't work hard in today's world trust me. I work way harder than most everyone that I know. The days of the old style unions are over.

Also I'm not pro union like I said but people who don't realize why unions were formed and people who don't realize how much unions have helped out all workers in America union and non union alike are complete Morons. Unions actually need to regain some of their power because the American blue collar worker is getting shit on big time in today's world.

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

In my industry, there are several big OEMs that no longer attend the largest annual trade show largely because of the union costs.
Now I’m not anti-union, but it’s strange that union workers are needed for setup, tear down, and year-long storage of trade show booths. But I guess that’s where we are at.
PS: I enjoyed The Irishman

I dont care whether people are union or non union and I agree that it's weird that they only use union workers. Maybe they do that so illegals dont take their place? But anyways as far as the pay goes I dont make killer money by any means lol. I know LOTS of non union workers that make more money than I do.

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel like you're answering a post that didn't happen here and are just overly sensitive to any union criticism, valid or not.

Not at all because I myself have gave them criticism before but you pretty much generalized all union workers with what you said and you are wrong. I cant prove that obviously but that's what you were doing and you know it.

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I won’t be able to sleep tonight after seeing that, oh wait I will...I canceled my LE.

You may regret backing out of that LE.

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Those of you who are worried about dimples, what do you think is going to happen long term? Do you think playfields will start chipping? Flaking? Digging into the art?
I understand that you don’t like the idea of a playfield getting dimples, but are there many examples of catastrophic failure from them? Or does the playfield just dimple to an orange peel finish and that’s kind of it?

The playfields will dimple to an orange peel finish.

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

My apologies. Instagram culture. I love filters. Here is a raw image for people that need it. ‍♂️[quoted image]

That looks pretty good. I bet Multiballmaniac will be back in on a LE once he sees this!

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The unfiltered image Jack posted actually makes the projector look better.
As for Multiballmaniac1...I swear he was in several other threads for the last year proclaiming he would never buy a Stern due to quality issues. I kind of doubt he actually had an LE on order. Just ignore him.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He is somewhat of a jokester and i dont know if he really had an LE ordered or not, but what i do know is he has money to put on a new game and he is afraid to buy a NIB Stern right now because of their playfield quality. I cant say that i blame him and i am in the same boat as he is. He and i both want a JP2 real bad but thats not going to happen unless things change with the quality of these playfields.

#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Quick observation: I love how for years people crap all over stern for not trying something different and pumping out the same old same old, but when they finally try something new everyone pulls out the microscopes and analyze the game before anyone can even play it....

I think their poor quality and penny pinching is finally catching up to them. People are getting fed up with 6-9K toys that are of bad quality.

#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I totally get that, and they deserve to be critiqued when warranted but Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. Then we have the glut of podcasters and youtubers dissecting every inch of the game. The games not finished and I feel like its already dead in the water in most peoples eyes.

I get what you’re saying but i think they have just created this image of themselves by continuously pumping out bad quality products game after game now and people just assume the worst out of them now. They make fun games but they just don't get it when it comes to giving the customers what they want and they act like they could care less quite frankly and I believe that its going to catch up with them. Ignoring your customers wants and demands is a very bad idea, especially in such a niche business.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah ole multiballmaniac been "buying" stern LEs just to cancel them for about two years now. He's one of the weirdest pinsiders and that's saying something.
Remember his hourly Deeproot thread bumps?
I'd like to announce that I'm so impressed with Stranger Things LE I'm placing 15 orders so I can have one if every room in every family members' home on the east coast. These proclamations are official, right?

You calling someone weird might win funniest post of 2020

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boom boom, drop the F ing mic

Make Projectors Great Again!

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s not hard to be high on pinball right now

Fun times

Buy what you like

Old, new, used, shitty, perfect, whatever floats the boat

Iceman when you are playing your Jurrassic Park game with its pooling, chipping, and cratered up playfield do you just pretend that it's part of the rough Terrain in Jurassic Park so that it doesnt bother you?

#4492 4 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if this game turned out to be the berries after so many people have shit all over it and Multiballmaniac regretted canceling his LE? That would be hilarious.

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

im sure its great, but couldnt bring myself to support Jimmy Fallon haha

Amen brother!

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Head to head play over the internet would have been perfect for this title, the telicanises that El does in season 3 would be a good segway. However it makes me worried when it does come around about privacy? A camera on a machine that can be hacked to prying eyes. Scary Things.

I dont see head to head becoming a big thing because you got two pinball machines that will be set up totally different probably. That just doesn’t really seem competitive to me or fun.

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Honestly speaking I think the biggest issue the game is going to have is resale value. Give it a few months and once the rose colored glasses come off the value is going to tank. I hope not as bad as Munsters and black knight heck even elvira 3 value is already dropping. Got to play a st pro though. Was fun and i hope the game becomes what people want it to be

Well that's ok in my book because anyone who buys a game and is worried about resale value should be looking for another hobby anyways. I have a beautiful black and white Munsters and I dont care if the value on it drops to a hundred dollars because I'm never selling it anyways. I didn't buy it to sell, I bought it to play and enjoy.

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

if that happens ill give you 2 hundred dollars because im a nice guy and fellow Bengal fan

Lol yes you are a really nice guy but you ain't getting it for 200! You can make a small one hour road trip though and play it for free as often as you like.

#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

ill take you up on that! Joe Burrow draft party at your place?

If I'm not working. I work crazy shifts but if you ever want to come down we will work out a day and time and make it happen. I got 7 pinball machines and a bubble hockey. I just sold my GOT like an idiot.

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I am patiently waiting for Jurassic Park LE to hit my sweet spot of $7500. I may be waiting for some time because that game has actually turned out to be a stellar game. The layout is freaking bonkers and it may not take much of a hit because people want it(including myself). Anyone want to sell me a JP LE for $7500

It's a masterpiece. If they get their playfield quality up I will buy one..

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. Wait until code is complete and then pick up a NIB a couple years after it comes out if they nail it. That’s what I did with TWD premium. By the time I got my NIB second run, code was complete and all the playfield issues that plagued the LEs had been worked out at the factory.
For every really good coded Stern, there are 2 or 3 stinkers like Black Knight or Munsters. Did they ever fix Munsters code? Or is it still that abysmal, stack jackpots nonsense? Boy that game is just a hot mess of suckage. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for good code on Stranger Things with Lonnie in charge.

As usual, more babbling BS by you. Some things never change.

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Too bad. Another reason not to buy early. No incentive to fix the code. If Dwight and Stern think that Munsters code is acceptable than they are as delusional as the owners who claim to love it. The pro is a good shooter, and the premium art looks great. But that cheesy kB toys lower playfield was an epic fail.

Lol you are nuts dude. It's the best lower playfield in pinball history and the code is pretty damn fun. Yes it needs a couple minor tweaks but Munsters is pretty damn fun and I dont know what the hell you are talking about with Black Knights code because its pretty damn good also.

#4719 4 years ago

We need to rename the title of this thread because nobody ever talks about the new Stranger Things game in here.

#4736 4 years ago

Well I think that the projector looks pretty dang good in the video. What can we complain about now?? Damn you Stern!!

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE NOW: Stern Pinball rules designer Mike Vinikour in tha house playing and talking Stranger Things Pinball!
AND FREE BANNER GIVEAWAY!
twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball[quoted image]

Cant watch the stream right now unfortunately but I will definitely be watching this tomorrow. Mike Vinikour is awesome, quite possibly the coolest guy Stern has.

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The fact that Mike V. was developing the rules with Eddy and Lonnie helped put this one over the top for me.

I agree, Mike knows his sh*t. He's a great guy for Stern to have.

#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Douche is a term used for somone that has to explain something that every single person already knows the definition of.

Seriously? I always thought that a douche was someone from Michigan?

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I don't think anyone has ever accused you of knowing too much so we'll let it slide.
Remember , it's never too later to get your GED.

Lol, I can't even spell GED so how do you expect me to get one?

#5146 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Chuckwurt I know you are the official cheerleader for SRT(I am surprised Who-dey did not step up to the plate this time

Heeeeey easy now WTF?? Dont be dragging me into this shit show of a thread!

#5151 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Makes me want to see a macho man pin!

I dont think I would hold my breath on that. The last wrasslin pin had abysmal sales.

#5153 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m a hillbilly

Well Duh, isnt everyone from Ky?

#5159 4 years ago

Well I played this game tonight and I definitely dont know WTF to think. it looks good, it shoots well, the LCD clips are cool but theres one little problem. That problem is I never hit the f*cking demogorgans mouth not even one time so that pretty much ruined my opinion of this game totally.

I mean seriously, what the f*ck? Also the plastic ramps feel really cheap also. Other than that not bad. The game does have potential and I probably would have liked it had I been able to make the shot of the main toy of the game.

Right now I'm giving the game an F for Frustrated.

#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Was it on route? Man, if people would just listen to me and change the flipper power down from the stock 255 setting to around 170-200 the game is a blast and easy to hit in 1-2 shots.
The stock flipper setting is crazy too powerful, and will launch over the Demogorgan. Plus it will fly off the drop targets like crazy, back down the power and it's a whole new experience.

Yes it was on route

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I had no problem hitting the demogorgon when my machine was working. Lol. I did level it out according to the little level in the shooter lane. And that’s all I did. I can hit it about 8 out of every 10 times.

You can pretty much say that the game that i played tonight the Demogorgan shot is unmakeable. I mean yeah people have put the ball in his mouth but only a handful of times from what i have heard. Had that been working correctly I'm sure that i would have liked the game but even with that being said, this game isn’t even in the same league as JP2 so lets just get that out of the way right now. It kind of reminded me of the AFM remake that was sitting beside it but not as good.

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Name a game that is. Haha

The Mu.......never mind. .

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will. I’ll be able to figure it out and help others. I just hope stern put some code compensation for the location games that will likely never get tweaked.

People playing the game that i played last night will definitely walk away unimpressed. Ive never seen anything so stupid in my life. The AFM remake sitting beside it blows it away, as does the JP sitting on the other side of it. The demogargen is like a big bouncy vagina and nothing else.

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s unfortunate that the game you play has that issue. The one I played did not and I loved the game.

Yeah it is because i do think the game has potential. Its nothing groundbreaking and it has its ups and downs but its probably going to be a good game i think. I just cant wait to hear why that problem is even happening. Unfortunately it does seem like this game is Munsters 2.0 in a lot of peoples eyes but it seems ok to me.

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You hate Munsters too now Terry? LOL
Yeah, like Cleland said, it looks like some Ops just don't care or are ignorant about setting up their games.
Streams i saw, nothing like that. Just FUN
The game you played ain't coming to my house so it doesn't matter. It's not Munsters yet......the premium/LE's aren't even shipping and the code has "a ton more to go". At least its NOT Dwight. There isn't a game out there that doesn't require some tweaking. TWD pops drain, all of IMDN, etc.
As for the quallity? IMDN was the biggest POS plastic garbage ever.
If it IS Munsters, that's ok with me too. I love this theme.

Heck no I LOVE Munsters and always will. I haven't hardly got to watch any of the STh streams yet so I dont know what the success rate of putting the ball in the Demogorgams mouth even is. I just know the one I played last nite that it's almost 0% and for me it actually WAS 0% lol

The owner of this establishment actually is a very good operator and he takes good care of his games but he just got a lemon for whatever reason with this STh game that he just bought. I'm sure that it has to be something very simple.

Maybe that hole just needs bored out some to make the ball go in there easier?

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I find it very very disturbing that this mech reminds people of a vagina.

Well I've seen plenty of them and......well ....sometimes some of them are pretty scary looking. I'll just leave it at that.

#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:
6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches
Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.
Nothing as helped.
Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

I wonder it it's an issue where maybe the demogorgon is sitting back too far away from the ramp maybe? Any kind of adjustment there?

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

They REALLY cheaped out on the design of demo. It’s probably going to be really tough to dial in and may need constant adjustment. It should have been designed with an opto/magnet for such a small hole. Similar to LOTR and Austin Powers where the ball gets sucked in. For such a simple layout there seems to be so many design flaws. It’s sad what needs to be done to make a 6k game playable and reliable.

Maybe they will send everybody a new amd improved demogorgan. One with a big mouth with a super high powered magnet inside of it.

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In my experience on 2 games, it is much easier to make from the left flipper.

I bet you wouldn't have made one on the game that I was playing last night lol. I dont know what the hell was going on with it. Maybe Chuckwurt forgot to pull the protective plastic off of the demogorgons mouth that it shipped with from the factory.

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Was that Chuck’s game you were playing? Lol
Come on Chuck, wtf!!!
On special when lit stream right flipper got it most of the time when squared up

Not his but he set it all up for the guy. I should ask for my 5 dollars back.

#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I work for free. He’s a good friend but don’t want to take apart his brand new game with 100 plays on it. He can do that. Haha

Taking it apart is easy. Its putting it back together that's hard lol

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Try this next time as there is a learning curve. The only way to consistently make the shot requires you trap up and stop the ball first. Trap ball on left flipper, release and shoot ball when it reaches arrow shown. Same for right side, but less accurate. These are the sweet spots but your mileage may vary.
[quoted image]

There is something wrong with this particular game. Nobody can make it in the demogargon. I guess it's been made a few times but not very many at all. Something isn't lined up right or something.

#5235 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I disagree. I can make it quite regularly ( when the ramp works like it’s supposed to). However , when I lowered the flipper power down, it stopped going in as often. So. For whatever it’s worth. I may go back to 255 flipper power or somewhere close to that.

How can you possibly disagree when you've never played the same game that I am talking about? SMH

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Maybe you cannot stop laughing long enough to concentrate to make the shot! A little too focused on the flappy vagina looking thingy demogargon. I want a game just for that thing. People are telling me that on the premiumLE model that thing vibrates too. I cannot wait to have a go on one.

I was doing more cussing than laughing and those drop targets are a very dangerous shot also! This game reminds me alot of AFM.

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Geez. Sorry.

When i was describing the game i said “something is wrong with this particular game”. Sorry i didn't mean to be a dick but there are so many dicks on here that i thought maybe you were trying to be one too. Something going on with this game though, its like impossible to make it in the demogorogons mouth

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

No. I’m not a dick. I am new to this forum so I may not know too many people in here. I was just chiming one because I do own the game, have had it for almost a week now and I just misunderstood your post. I’m new to the hobby as well.

Well welcome to the forum and the hobby Trindawg. I just noticed that you’re from Lorain Ohio and if im not mistaken thats near Cleveland right? I will probably be Who Dey’ing you alot if your a Browns fan! Stranger Things isngoing to be a great game, just needs some tweaking but it will get it with through code updates soon. Is this your very first game or do you own other games as well?

Also dont listen to screaminr, that guy started shit with me like crazy after he came on this forum.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No worries I know what you meant . Anyone who loves dogs is ok in my books . Gday Who -Dey .

I love all animals except snakes and a few others like that and i just try like hell to avoid them. Ive done things for animals though that i wouldn't even tell on here because people would laugh at me and think I'm crazy. Ive got a BIG BIG heart when it comes to animals. If i could help them all i would. The forest fires in your country right now breaks my heart because of all the animals that have died in them. That is super sad.

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Having an argument .

Never heard of such a thing. That's interesting though.

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No way, those threads were hilarious...this one is just sad all around.

Well at least this game takes some of the attention off of my beloved Munsters. Thank God, I thought it would never happen!

#5437 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Tell that to the Rob Zombie / Thunderbird buyers

Lol true dat! You cant even sell one of those turds for any price!

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Losing $1100 is cheap fun?!

Ive seen people lose that much in a strip club in one night. Small taters in this big world of yams!

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Well I went LE simply because I like the powder coat and art the best, So I guess ignorance is bliss.
The nice surprises were the real mirrored Backglass, updated sound system with amplifier (spike 2 sound is finally good sound for a stock pinball machine), and the anti-glare glass. Shaker too I think.
Now I need to find a spot in the basement where this think isn’t covered by other games!
I think LEs are landing next weekend.

Anything that makes you happy is worth the money. I own a black and white Munsters and it is “to me” the pride and joy of my collection. Everytime I look at it, it makes me smile. I know many people think its an awful game but that doesn’t change the way that i feel about it any at all. The game was worth every penny that I paid for it.

#5551 4 years ago

I just wish that ever who is in charge of the playfield quality and quality in general at Stern was as passionate about their work as Lyman is.

#5658 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

True story and you guys are going to laugh
But after all these posts I can't un-see the demogorgan anymore. It truly does look fucking stupid. I can't stay on board with it lol. Unbelievable because I love this theme too.
There's another LE available from Trent now... Have at it.
Switched it to Jurassic Park LE. I'd rather have that bad ass dinosaur then this flared up vag. It just didn't age well with me.

Man GTFO KPG!! You cant just do that man WTF?? lol

Wait until I tell iceman about this!

#5831 4 years ago

I for the life of me don't understand the level of hate for this game. This game is going to be pretty damn good I think. Sure there are some bugs and some unfortunate things going on with it but it will all get worked out. Some of you folks need to chill out for real.

#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Ims not saying it because cary hardy said negative things about it. I just find gameplay to be very boring.
The hate for it is because a lot of people feel the theme was wasted in its current form. For the money they expected more. I mean yea the demogorgon is awesome but thats the only toy in the game.

Code has made some of the worst games amazing and this game is brand new so give it a chance to mature. I played one and the demogorgan toy didnt even work at all but I still can see potential in this game. I dont think it's going to go down as one of the all time greats but I think it will be a good game.

#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

We'll see what happens. I mean the LE's are still available and ive seen numerous people backout of their preorders so thats not a good sign

I think sterns playfield issues might play a part in people not rushing out to buy LE's. I hope the playfield issues are behind us.

#5848 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

There are people who show up to a thread over, and over, and over, and over, to do nothing but bitch. Lets assume this is the single worst game EVER made, why do that to yourself? Its mind boggling. It's like they think we forgot everything they hate if they don't check in to remind us every 5 mins.

It's kinda like being a Bengals fan and tuning in week after week to watch them get their ass kicked ain't it?

#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Haters gonna hate.

image000000o (resized).pngimage000000o (resized).png
#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not defending anything just trying to understand why some games are fine and others aren’t.
I don’t want sterns job, that’s all I got to say. Haha
I’ve been tweaking my game here and there since I got it. There’s no perfect way to do it. Some are fine, others aren’t. How can you possibly control for that? I have no clue. I can tell you this though it would be a lot harder controlling for variances on new stuff that hasn’t been done before than variances in flipper performance or ramp layouts that have been around for decades.
Of course I would rather not have to fiddle with my games all the time. But before I bought it I was well aware of the risks. Just part of pinball. Always will be. No matter what you buy and who you buy from.

It's one thing to have to do a few tweaks (that's pinball) but this game here has experienced people like yourself scratching their heads and searching for answers just to get their game to work correctly.

I do believe (hope) that eventually all of you guys get your games working correctly and I also believe that this could be a really good game. The problem is, Stern obviously didn't do their homework on testing this game and now they have just totally killed the hype of this game and it has literally already been forgotten about and people are looking to the next game already because they have already lost interest in this one.

Stern might be killing it but the thing is they could be killing it a hell of alot more if they didn't constantly keep shooting themselves in the foot by releasing games that have all of these problems. What I can't understand to save my life is how many times do they have to keep doing stupid shit before they realize that they need to get better?

It's a terrible idea to release a game with mechs that haven't been put through lots of testing, just like it's a bad idea to sell games with shitty playfields but yet they don't seem to ever learn. I just don't get it.

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Everyone pretends they know how to run a pinball company... Your assuming they didn't test these games? How do you know, some of these games take over a year to plan out. The games are all put together by hand, I'm ok with a few tweaks here and there. And any major issues I've had, Stern has come through and fixed for me (GB Playfield swap) . If you don't like taking the glass off maybe your in the wrong hobby.

I enjoy taking the glass off. What I dont enjoy though is being having 2 games right now that have shitty ass playfields in them that I spent 15K on. I also dont find it acceptable when a company puts out a game and the f*cking mechs dont work correctly and nobody can figure out why, not even Stern. You would have to be a complete idiot to find that acceptable. You don't know anything about me so don't tell me what hobbies that I should be into and which ones that I shouldnt. I'm a grown man and I will make those decisions myself.

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

hhahah hit a nerve apparently... The glass off quote was not mean't directly at you but more for all the complainers on here, relax it will get sorted out... If you don't want a shitty pf don't buy anything new, pick up an older Bally / Williams game for half the price and you won't have to worry...
Also for all those pumping up Spooky for there PFs my Alice has more dimples on it than my Elvira This is in no way a diss on Spooky either as Alice is probably a top 5 game for me and a keeper, but the grass isn't greener

Well obviously I didnt realize that the playfield quality was as bad as what it is before it was too late. This shit is frustrating though and the reason I am so passionate about it is because I actually WANT them to do better and I want to see them succeed. I also want to buy more games from them because I love stern games but i just cant buy from them at the moment.

Stern can and should do a better job. These games cost a lot of money and they should be much higher quality than what we have been getting lately.

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There's a long line waiting for GNR.

Really you think so ice? I cant see that at all. That interest me about as much as WWE does.

#6065 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me either, that's just what i'm hearing from distros, maybe its fake news? LOL
There are other themes i don't get either that people seem to love!

Well I bought AS so that's no better really so who knows. I think Jack has lost a good portion of his fan base after not taking care of his customers and I think its going to affect sales. Stern is in the same boat but they can afford to lose a few customers where JJP probably cant. It's going to be interesting.

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think GnR could be huge, but I am a huge fan, so I might be biased.
It's a fact that they are a massive worldwide band.Their recent tour was the #2 grossing of all time .

I have heard rumors of Toy Story and I definitely think that could be a big game. That theme has a lot of possibilities and could really be cool looking if done right.

GNR will be an interesting to see how it is accepted. I hope they dont go with the new fat axle though.

#6072 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Maybe that will be one of modes...you start with skinny Axle and have him progress through the buffet line.

Yes and the further you go in the mode the fatter and fatter he gets and eventually he just explodes. Thats when you know that you have beaten the game.

#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Keep the glass on. Weren’t you on a crusade against buying new Sterns until they addressed last issues? What happened?

I haven't bought any games since Munsters. I would like to buy a JP and a Elvira but dont have the confidence to pull the trigger.

#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Finally a place near me that has both, so I plan to go try them out in the next few weeks. Since everyone says JP is awesome it probably will be. Elvira seems to have fallen off the map pretty quickly and no one is talking about it. I loved the previous 2 Elvira games, but this one just didn't call to me for some reason.

JP is amazing and so is Elvira 3 also. This Elvira game will be the best of the three Elvira games easily. JP is probably the better game but I personally would opt for Elvira i think because its a dream theme that has lots of cool features and it also has Lyman on code so its going to end up a masterpiece. Both games are HUGE winners!

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have Stern taken care of your issues yet?
Elvira is a ton of fun to play.

Not yet, it's still in the works so we will see.

#6435 4 years ago

I wonder if Stern will get sued by Pinstadium on this? Pinstadium had the UV lighting first didn't they?

Anyway, I think this and the new code update just made the game much much cooler and I think it will spark some interest in the game possibly. This game needs a boost so I'm glad to see some positivity for a change!

#6439 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

People defending this are only opening the doors for Stern to really f you in the ass in future games.

You act like Stern f*cking people is something new. Are you new here?

#6445 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But to charge an almost $300 to a game that is already lacking in features is ridiculous .

I find this far less ridiculous than the $700 dollar Star Wars topper that looks like it should be sitting on the shelf at Wal Mart for $19.99.

#6485 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think I've ever seen a more "This food is terrible...and such small portions!!!" meltdown thread in the history of this place, and that's saying something. A bunch of people who think this game blows and have pledged to never buy a Stern again whining about something they don't need, don't want, and allegedly aren't buying, "white knighting" in the parlance of our times for the people who are.
And yet the game is selling. Just like the last outrage, the shitty Star Wars Topper nobody is going to buy that they literally can't keep in stock.
It's been alleged by Yancy that I masturbate to Stern offerings, which is pretty silly since everybody knows Stern cabinet decals disintegrate at the mere touch of semen and I'd never do anything to expose yet another Stern QC issue.
But if these outrage threads aren't messy circle jerks I honestly have no idea what is. As Rodney Dangerfield claims to have said first...get a room guys!

I wish we could all be as smart as you Levi. You are such a wealth of pinball knowledge and such a pinball God that it makes the rest of us feel like we arent worthy.

#6499 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm an LE owner and I'm not going to buy this mod. Fuck stern.

You serious? You already got boned for 9k, what's another 300? I wouldn't want this game without this mod.

#6529 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes I'm serious, I can afford it, that's not the issue. It's the principle. This really shows the direction of stern's continued trend in business practices, cheaper and cheaper, nickle and dime, and now this DLC-type "accessory". I also am (was) a buyer of pretty much every brand new stern that comes out NIB. I'm not going to do that anymore either, unless the pin is something really special. So realistically instead of buying 3-4 sterns per year I might only buy 1 now?

Lol I'm just messing with ya dude.

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Exactly. And yet companies like spooky and CGC can make playfields that don’t dimple. My brand new MMr has not a single dimple in spite of many air balls.

Every CGC and Spooky game I've ever seen has plenty of dimples in them.

#7007 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've got over 1000 games on my AFMr and there isn't a single dimple to be seen. And after 400 games the rick and morty on route in madison has zero dimples as well. If some CGC games are dimpling I'm not sure why some are and some aren't.

All i got to say is Bull f*cking sh*t lol. They may not dimple quite as bad but they still dimple like a MF. I know because i have seen plenty of spooky and CGC games both. I dont doubt that Spooky and CGC both have better overall playfield quality than Stern does but they definitely dimple.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheboro, NC
$ 39.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.