IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have been considering modding the camaro and the hopper blazer, but I think they will be too big for the game. The camaro is just over 5” and the blazer is 6”, both are pretty big for the playfield. If someone has a game and wants to be a tester for me, please contact me.

Any thoughts to making a large Mind Flayer mod, perhaps to place at the back of the game?

3 weeks later
#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I know I'm gambling with this one, Lonnie on code for one (I promised myself I'd never buy another Lonnie game)

I agree with you here. I owned TFLE and AVLE and both came out with code roadblocks and game play felt like chopping wood. So, I'm skeptical of anything he does.

3 weeks later
#6459 4 years ago
villagers (resized).jpgvillagers (resized).jpg
#7012 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've got over 1000 games on my AFMr and there isn't a single dimple to be seen. And after 400 games the rick and morty on route in madison has zero dimples as well. If some CGC games are dimpling I'm not sure why some are and some aren't.

Since so much dimpling is trending again, I decided to take another close look at my games as it's been about a year since I last looked, and I started to get spooked that I was missing something. I have PDI glass on most of them, so I hadn't really noticed anything out of the ordinary previously. I must be lucky because after close examination, none of my games are excessively dimpled. I used to work overseas, so it was fairly common before MBr and Black Knight for my NIB games to sit an extra few weeks before they were setup and even then go months in between plays. Plus, these are all in a home environment with plays in the low thousands for most of them. Maybe the clear had more time to dry? I don't know.

Monster Bash - The worst of my games, but still very minor in the big scheme of things. A pack of dimples are visible, mainly in the dark blues below the Frank inserts. It's also my only game with a couple of dents on the ramp flaps. Still, it's not bad at all and the dimples are very small, plus it took some close side views to really tell. My friends play the heck out of this game.

Mars Attacks - A have a few in two places. The aqua looking area to the left of the England insert and same colored area to the right of the Italy and England inserts, below the Light Lock and Ruler of the Universe inserts. These are really small areas and only a few dimples. They were very difficult to see and only at certain angles and lighting. If I have to look that hard, it must not be a problem.

Medieval Madness - I'm sure there are some, but I really couldn't see any. There are so many inserts that it's hard to find any.

Black Knight Pro - I counted about 8 dimples, mostly over by the left stand up targets and a couple near the flail, but it's my least played game, maybe between a hundred and fifty and two hundred games so far. Otherwise, the playfield is like glass.

Iron Man VE - My most played game by far and I think it may be a case of so many plays and dimples that they're fairly uniform now. I didn't see any distinguishable dimples, though the field didn't look like glass either. I find that surprising considering the amount of bashing the Iron Monger takes and the number of hard shot rejects I get when I miss the ramps. I definitely need to wax it again.

BM66 - I have some on the magnet, but the playfield looks mostly like glass. It's certainly not cratered like one picture I saw on Pinside a ways back.

Avengers - There were some here and there, probably from Hulk drops ricochets. The color scheme and lighting makes it harder to tell on this one.

I have a Stranger Things Premium on order. I expect it to dimple a little more because of bounce back from the forward facing drop targets and failed Demo shots bouncing off of the large, thin ramp flap. So, my expectations are set for a small increase, but hopefully that'll be it. I'll certainly report back here if they seem excessive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 39.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.