• No, I am not interested 439 votes
    36%
  • Maybe, not a huge fan of the franchise but maybe if it plays well 100 votes
    8%
  • I like pizza 200 votes
    16%

(1220 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 725 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DDF9D9C8-FA3E-43C1-B549-BF55CBCB495C (resized).jpeg
3AD2602B-9325-4B6D-A17A-C7009D00CDD3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200224-104803_Photos (resized).jpg
20200224_015642 (resized).jpg
f4befb643a37a025e03548b99ca25fbb23c66e7d (resized).png
Screenshot_20200219-202600_YouTube (resized).jpg
groundhog day (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_173431 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_173428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (6 months ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (6 months ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (6 months ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (6 months ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (6 months ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by vidgameseller (6 months ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (6 months ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (6 months ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (6 months ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#531 6 months ago

well rick and morty is old news now. gonna sell my std spot and by a strangers thang.

#533 6 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im now past these two and waiting for an Irishman Pinball!

that pin would be killer!

#622 6 months ago

so what is stranger things abreviation gonna be?
st =star trek
sttng= star trek next gen

sttgs?

#625 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I called Eggo a while back. Im sticking to it

9253120E-5D2B-4A6D-B0DD-C8D5A63BB238 (resized).jpeg
#719 6 months ago

could this be the pin we have all been waiting for that takes new pins to the next level?
find out soon, i thought that pin was gonna be JJP WW.

#2102 6 months ago

i might go pro. has anybody mentioned how long the projector bulb lasts? you might not see it in a dark room and it will get out of focus. idk if it has been mentioned.

#2160 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These issues should be explored!

yeah idk. does the pro have the projector?

#2348 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One really cool thing I think Stern deserves credit for is arranging to be able to have the game ON LOCATION ready to play the day they announce. I love that. So awesome to see the reveal of a product and be able to play it same day. Kudos for that.

yes but at code 0.62. not really ready. a box of lights basically.

#2410 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s funny seeing adults get on a cross and playing the martyr over a pinball discussion. Perfectly socially adjusted people I’m sure.

leggo of his eggo!

1 week later
#4021 6 months ago

that bulb for the projector might cost a hundred. the white stickers will get dirty. the playfield is too dark. the playfield dimples.
the ball wont go easily into the vagina monster.

BBBBF29B-FC5B-4BC1-8AC9-091795429569 (resized).jpeg
#4171 6 months ago

the projector is gonna be just fine in a dark room. common sense a projector wasnt made to be used in lit area. if your pin is gonna be in a lit area dont buy it.

#4248 6 months ago

what if the projection is too bright? that can strain the eyes also. there is definitly a fine line between too dark and too bright.
project people project.

#4300 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You calling someone weird might win funniest post of 2020

he said weird, not crazy.

#4342 6 months ago

its gonna look good in a dark room. not so good in a well lit area. i kinda expected this.

#4582 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Back to the topic at hand.
I consider myself a newbie even though I have lucked into collecting a few of my favorite themes over the past couple of years.
Trying to talk the wife into getting a Stern Stranger Things as we love the show!
I am hesitant though because of what I've read about the excessive dimpling and pooling (whatever that is).
Thoughts?

if i wanted the pin i would just buy it and not worry. most people buy a nib pin complain about the pooling and the dimpling and never even keep the pin over 6 months and go on to the next new pin. so you pay 6000 for a pro with shipping and play it for a year and sell it for 5000 or trade it for another pro of same value, not a bad deal. you spent 1000 on a toy. if you bought an atv a jetski or any other crap you would probably take a 40 percent hit in a year so the same 6000 you would get 3600, maybe. plus the pins seem to sell right away and doesnt take a month or more to sell.
if you are a pack rat and going to keep it for 30 years then worry.

2 weeks later
#5741 5 months ago

stern screwed up this release pretty badly. i mean it stranger things. could have sold thousands of cabinets with christmas lights.
i dont think its going to be easy to turn this around. they should really try though as to gain marketing experience cause there is always one more turd around the corner. it feels to my that stern runs away from a new pin when it doesnt hit a home run out of the box. i dont know if its an ego thing they did the same thing with black knight. announcing iron man ve while sthng is still being shipped is pretty bad.

#5928 5 months ago

i would buy one of these but not new. i guess a pro is gonna fetch 4500, le 6500, pre 6000 on secondary market. thats too big a loss to take for me to buy NIB.

#5981 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yet Stern keeps whipping their ass in sales! LOL
Can't fight the facts.

remember sears roebuck? thats the way stern is heading. i really dont have skin in the game but there is alot of room for improvement. why not work on this to make sure you stay #1?

#5982 5 months ago

this theme should have been a grand slam. there are obvious issues and cost cutting and quality control is not up to par.

1 week later
#6216 5 months ago

sitting on the fence gonna grab me an le with topper and uv mod next year fo 5900. please buy all this stuff!!

#6539 4 months ago

hold the line, thats right, dont buy an le unless it comes with the UV light kit. if everyone gets together and does this i am sure they will have to throw it in. this will never happen though. its a shame cause when people come together alot of change can happen.

#6555 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You never struck me as a union guy.

please add to the forum instead of useless commentary. vote with your wallets.

#6561 4 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Like a booted foot that comes out of the coin door and kicks you in the nuts?

pretty soon you will be able to order “upgrades” right from your pin. i can picture advertisements scrolling thru the color dmd for upgrades and even advertisements for other companies like netflix and amazon.
why not?

#6577 4 months ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Honestly I think you guys are all out to lunch... I think Stern hid this on purpose thinking it would be a GOOD thing and everyone would be excited about it after the fact... It just seems like nowadays on here Stern, JJP, Spooky nobody can do anything right. You guys will find a way to bitch about something...
I have games from all era's and from each company, guess what they all have dimples if you look close enough. I've bought NIB games from all of them as well and i've had to tweak / fix games from each company aswell... Its all part of the hobby, stop bitchin about every little thing and play pinball...

go to the rick and morty thread and see how happy customers are to get a free topper from spooky. that was a good thing.

#6651 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All we can do is have fun with the nonsense and stupidity!
Everybody wants a $10k game for $5k. It's the way of the country these days you know.
And all of the geniuses that think they know the numbers and how easy it is to run a pinball company and employ hundreds of people in making these games. Amazing.
I'll play along.

with le prices collapsing on the secondary market this might not be way off.
i would buy a loaded huo sth le for 5500 but i dont think its worth 10k for the new one.

#6737 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well it’s $8600 for one thing
I would buy a loaded Bricks for $3500. Lol
If pigs had wings they could fly

uv kit, delivery, topper, taxes. brings LE up to Ten Thousand Dollars. what about other misc mod shooter rod etc?
thats alot of money for average person to pay for an average game.

#6817 4 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I think spooky probably felt guilty about 700 fang club memberships..

that was 45.00. seriously a smart marketing move not a cash grab like stern selling BK sor music for 100.00 that they could have thrown in the box for free.
spooky is a much smaller company than stern and they could have got 350 dollars for their topper netting them over 200k.
i aint hating on stern only stating facts that uv kit for sth was a slap in the face to their loyal base.

#6998 4 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Average people do not buy LE versions of pinball machines...Just sayin'

yeah only very rich people like billionaires.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
9,099 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside