IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#261 4 years ago

last reveal via IGN was a Wednesday at 8:00MST for Elvira. Prior was JP on a Friday at 9:00MST

#361 4 years ago

Pretty sure Stern is making a HARD push on the Star Wars home edition right before the holiday and don't want to cannibalize with a hot IP like ST... I've seen the Star Wars home pin pop up a TON on my social feed today! Wouldn't surprise me if we don't see this till early next week!

#849 4 years ago

Should move this JP/play-field chat to another thread. Pretty sure there are a ton of threads on this. Not trying to be a dick but just saying! The bridge will be crossed if they send out shit play-fields again. I'm choosing to be optimistic they solved the issue

#1036 4 years ago

Feels very black light vibe! LOVE IT.

#1255 4 years ago

This projector could really help get new people understanding the game. Yes there are inserts that blink telling people what to shoot for, but for some reason, people don’t seem to see that. Projecting on to targets and ramps could be a huge game changer to help teach more folks the depth of the games. If the pro doesn’t have the projector it’s a bummer because location pinball is where we can bring more folks to the hobby!

#2520 4 years ago

Got my pro set up.
Early review.

Shoots great. Left orbit shot that goes up the ramp and feeds to right flipper feels AWESOME!

Drop targets may need some adjustment, getting the Scolari brother brick shots from GB. Ball comes flying back and jumps over the flippers. Easy fix.

Code is super early, reminds me of GOTG right out the box. Not a ton of call outs, feels “soul-less” right now but that’s how GOTG was out of the box and wound up being one of my favorites. I have faith it will be bad ass when completed.

Dark game! May scare kids which is awesome! Need some creepy/scary stuff!

First couple of center ramp shots missed demogorgan mouth and shot up in to the glass with some force. Nervous I may see my first busted glass from a ball inside a machine! We shall see!

If you buy right now be patient.

#2630 4 years ago

Seen the term “dirty pool” a lot over the last few days! What’s that mean haha? Besides someone that has a dirty swimming pool.

Thanks!

#2828 4 years ago

Early review 2.0

The mouth of the demogorgan is almost impossible to hit. I would say myself and others are having a 10% success rate(after reading some comments I will mess with the pitch a bit) I could be wrong but I don’t think the bash toy has any actual impact switches. This is one thing I wish was added as it is so difficult to hit the effing mouth. Would have been cool if 1 mouth opto shot =instant demo death or 3 switch activated bashes =demo death

Otherwise. It’s awesome! First day I played it I was going at the demogorgan a ton and not focusing on the other objectives. Today I spent a lot of time on the latter. This game absolutely feels like AFM 2.0 but is dark(in the creepy way)! The lighting is awesome! The limited sound effects are so far so good. And even though the modes don’t have a ton of call outs yet, hey are surprisingly fun for being an early version of code.

I think when all is said in done, this will be a damn good game. Still too early to actually rate the game on pinside but I’d say it’s a solid B right now with a ton of upside as code progresses.

Quick note, one of the gates fell off to the left of the demogorgan. Curious to see if this happens with others. The gate is there to keep the ball from going in to the demogorgan on a weird bank shot. Worried the impact of the ball strinking the gate will cause this to happen a lot. At first I thought the gate was broken, but the ball impact hitting essentially the side of the gate has caused it to fall off 3 times. Will update everyone when I have a reliable fix.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re wrong. Haha. Update the code.

I expect the projector to help make the upside down feature even better.

Right now the multiballs feel like Lonnie. The modes are varied and don’t all feel the same. It will have some aspects that Lonnie has in other games some new stuff. Expected due to the fact that it’s a group effort between Lonnie mike and Brian.

Hopefully there are around 50 modes at the end of the road, but right now I’m counting around half that. The more modes the better with a huge theme like this.

Thanks Chuck! I Updated the code! Glad to see there is a bash switch. Still can’t kill the demogorgan via bash correct? I can’t hit that effing mouth for the life of me. Hope they eventually add X hits equals kill or something like that. I counted 16 shots in a row that looked dead on center and wouldn’t go in the damn mouth. Only issue I have with the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=pinquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.